Sireyn

Changing the "Cost" of Items

I'm attempting to modify "Cost" values for several groups of items in Kotor 2, but the value resets itself whenever I hit the "Save" button. This is true of all items in Kotor 1 and 2 using KotorTool v1.0.2210.16738.

I feel like the solution is obvious but after a couple hours of searching and tinkering I've given up. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this.

Here is a visual reference. I cannot change the Cost : 50

Ktool01_zpscssruqmd.png

Hello, 

Unfortunately some things in Kotor Tool don't function properly (like opening up a .dlg file from your personal files etc), I believe you can edit what you sell the item for but not what you can buy it for. I suggest using kgff, found here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

When you use kgff edit on the .uti file after you save it, check the Addcost part (sell price) and the Cost, and modify the value within the right hand side of the tool, check below for a bad picture: 

post-17976-0-90853000-1458598452_thumb.png

That did it, thanks for the reply.

KGFF seems to be a little more finicky but I was able to change the values I needed. Changing these two values did indeed modify buying, selling, and crafting costs, however it required a clean save for the updated values.

however it required a clean save for the updated values.

That's just a factor with editing items. When editing items, you must re-obtain the item (preferably after getting rid of all your other copies of the item) to see the changes.

Similar, you only need a save from before entering a level if you're editing things that happen when the level is first loaded (like spawned creatures, containers, or other stuff). If something is spawned or happens based on an event in the level, you usually just need a save from before that happens (like if a creature is spawned after an encounter, you'd just need a save from before the encounter).

For things like dialogs or scripts, 90% of the time, you can get away with re-activating them without having to restart the game. With new scripts that are made while the game is running (or really any file that is made while the game is running), you will need to restart the game for it to use the file.

For textures and most likely models, you will have to restart the game for it to register changes to the files.

For textures and most likely models, you will have to restart the game for it to register changes to the files.

That's only true for textures that haven't been in the Override when starting the game. You can swap a texture inside your Override folder and the changes will show without restarting the game.

I find if you minimize the game, place models and texture overrides for a character and then maximize the page for the game you can see the changes. I will test on items later. 

Edit: Only just saw Kexikus post sorry!

On 3/21/2016 at 6:14 PM, djh269 said:

Hello, 

Unfortunately some things in Kotor Tool don't function properly (like opening up a .dlg file from your personal files etc), I believe you can edit what you sell the item for but not what you can buy it for. I suggest using kgff, found here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

When you use kgff edit on the .uti file after you save it, check the Addcost part (sell price) and the Cost, and modify the value within the right hand side of the tool, check below for a bad picture: 

post-17976-0-90853000-1458598452_thumb.png

Hi which value is the amount of money the player gets for selling the item. I'm trying to redo prices of all blasters but I want to be able to make them sell for less if the player sells it. So that the player can't get 1 to 1 returns on weapons.

EDIT: Nevermind figured out what was wrong. You must click off of the value before saving.