Golselect

Error while installing K1 Force Pack V2 (scripting issue)

As the title says, when I tried to install a mod (K1 Force Pack V2, from gamefront) the installation fails. The installer starts well enough, but when it gets to the point when it has to compile some nss files, it just stops. It freezes and it doesn't continue the installation at all. I tried to compile them myself with the KOTOR Tool compiler, but it gives me an error.  (It tells me it couldn't include file "sa_inc_force.nss".)  So, I don't know what to do.

I would be grateful for any suggestions. :D

Posting your install log could help us see exactly where it went wrong. And have you tried re-downloading the mod? Also, how are you installing it? (Are you running it from the archive? Where is the mod extracted to?)

The install log wouldn't tell anything about the problem because the installation doesn't complete. Didn't try to redownload it but I don't think it would change the things so much (would try if other things fail, of course). I install the mod running the TSLPatcher installer, and the mod is extracted into override folder.

I don't recommend ever trying to run the TSLPatcher from the override folder. Move the extracted mod anywhere but the game's folder and then you might get better results.

Sorry, I misunderstood. The mod is in a folder out of the game's folder, not into the override folder, but it has some elements extracted into it while installing. Sorry again XD

Update posted 28JAN2016, 10:58 AM [EST]
Well, I solved the problem (in a quite unorthodox way XD), and the installation went well, and the force powers work fine. But there seems to be another problem. Now, for example, I am unable to use Force Kill. It doesn't work at all. I don't know if there are other powers that don't work, (The other ones my character has seem to work fine). So... it's yet another problem. Any advice would be great :D

Well, I solved the problem (in a quite unorthodox way XD), and the installation went well, and the force powers work fine. But [snip]

First explain how you solved your last problem, then you can move on to a new problem.

First explain how you solved your last problem, then you can move on to a new problem.

Well, I solved the last problem by installing  the unaltered mod in another folder other than the good override folder, then got all the ncs files I needed, put them in the modified mod folder and changed the changes.ini file so it copied those ncs files to the override folder (thats the unorthodox way)

Thanks for explaining how you solved your last problem.

Now as to your new problem . . . could you post the appropriate questions and answer from this entry so people can narrow down your new issue? [You want to post the questions too because the questions could be subject to change at any time.] As K1R is also a mod, make sure to include that as well if you use it.

If you do use K1R, please request a moderator to move this thread to the K1R section.

Well, if it helps solving the problem...

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

I actually haven't started yet a walkthrough (as I was testing the mods before I began to play), so you could say at any point of the game.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

I think so...

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Kotor collection version of the mod, but translated to the spanish version of dialog.tlk

5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

Yes, but editing some things to merge 2 mods of the same kind.

6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

Since I solved that error, no. But before, yes there were some errors.

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

I... really dont think it would be necessary to give a list of ALL the mods I used (they are a lot, believe me XD) and since the Force Kill power worked fine until I installed this mod (K1 Force Pack V2), I think the other mods aren't the real problem here.

PD: I use K1R, but I'm sure it isn't the source of the problem.

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

It happened after installing some force power mods, but in specific after installing the said mod (K1 Force Pack V2). When I installed it, the Force Kill power stop working ingame, it does the animation, but the soundclip its a wrong one and the enemy isn't affected by the power. I don't know if there are other powers affected, since as far as I'm concerned, the other powers my character has work fine.

9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Yes, I have.

10) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes, I have. And the problem still continues.

11) Have you tried starting a new game?

Not really. That's the only thing I haven't tried yet.

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7 Ultimate

List all the mods. ALL OF THEM.

Ok, ok XD
In order of Installation:
-NPC OverHaul
-K1 Restoration (between these 2 first ones, I don't know if there are still incompatibilities, but I edited some of the files so if I could fix some of it, and in all my testing, I haven't found any error yet)
-BrotherHood of Shadows: Solomon's Revenge
-Weapons of the Old Republic
-Canon Revan Head
-Some retexture mods (nothing to worry about here)
-Bastila Head reskin
-Bastila Dark side
-Canderous Reskin
-Resized Eyes
-Ajunta Pall Appearance
-Bendak Starkiller Armour Reskin
-Darth Bandon Head Reskin
-Darth Malak Reskin V2
-Custom Portraits
-Revans Robes Revisioned
-Mandalorian Ultimate Mod
-Sand Disguise
-A lost sith in a nameless world (and some fixes to it)
-K1 jedi fight training
-Bendak Bounty Rework
-Bodies Stay
-Dantooine Lightsaber training
-Hide Weapons during cutscenes
-Kill Star Forge Jedi
-LordDeathRay's KOTOR Improvement Mod
-Robes for Korriban Sith Students
-Vissual effects K1
-Walk Fix
-Regeneration Mod
-Exar Kun Tomb
-Bralor Merchant
-Enhanced Merchants
-Carth Republic Uniform Plus
-Juhani New Look
-Juhani Blue Lightsaber
-New Belaya
-Sherruk with Lightsabers
-Clothing Boost
-Carth Jacket mod
-Revan Robes
-Jedi Revan Robes
-Revan Star Forge Robes
-DeadEye Duncan on Manaan
-Manaan Doors
-Canon Galaxy Map for K1
-Cassus Fett Armor
-Korriban Workbench
-Fire and Ice HD
-K1 Bug Fix Attempt
-Weapon Model Overhaul (and Texture Rework)
-Bendak Compatibility Mod
-Hi-Res Beams
-Lightsaber Forms
-Force Dustil
-Leviathan Party
-Malaks Unique Apprentices
-Manaan Quests Endings
-Yuthura Sith Eyes
-K1 Prequel Robes
-K1 Movie Robes
-DP HK-47 SWTOR Style
-HQ Skyboxes
-A mix between: BigBad Sound Mod, DM sound K1 and Ultimate Sound K1
-96 content Pack
-Enhanced Force Lightning Colour
-Force Destruction
-Force Power Dispel
-Force Quake
-Remove restriction to Force Powers For Armors
-A mix between: K1 Force Pack V2 and KotOR I Force Power Pack by DI (This is the last mod I Installed, the one this thread was about, and the one I think the guilt is)

Let's start with what is confirmed incompatible with K1R...

NPC Overhaul (being updated currently)

WOTOR (will mess up cutscene in late game due to the UTCs for Bastila04-06 it adds)

Bendak Bounty Rework used to be incompatible with older builds, but I haven't tested it yet myself, with the newest K1R build, so I couldn't say.

No word on if A Lost Sith on a Nameless World is compatible with K1R, or alongside any other mod in this list and K1R..

Lord Deathray's Mod I have no idea about, so maybe a link may be necessary to determine if it's the cause

As far as possible culprits...

Visual effect edits like the aptly named "Improved Visual Effects" actually alter the visual effects.2da file, and could be the reason for your current problem here.. (maybe).. This could also be true of the beam Effects mod, as even texture mods have to edit Appearance and Effects 2da files in order to work.

This means that UNLESS YOU HAVE TO INSTALL ONLY THE TGA FILES INTO THE OVERRIDE, then every single texture mod you use could cause incompatibilities!!

Additionally every added force power could be installed with its own script or could edit your Spells.2da to which can also cause similar problems as you've been experiencing.

So it could be one or a combination of the installed 2da altering mods that caused your Spells to be misplaced, or a script that altered how it fires. Very tough to know with all of those mods..

Where did you get the Kotor I Force Power Pack by DI? I can't find that mod anywhere and it seems it is the same mod as the K1 Force Pack V2. I think you are trying to mix two versions of the same mod. This will not work and will screw up a lot of things. I am surprised no one realized this sooner, LOL!

EDIT: My suspicions are right! You accidentally installed two versions of the same mod. Also the mod creator is Star Admiral not DI. Don't know any mod creators named DI.

Here is the first version of the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/416/?

Here is the second version of the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/415/?

It clearly states in the second version this about the installation: This mod uses the TSLPatcher for easy installation. If you have either Shem's Super Enhanced Mod Add-On or version 1.0 of this mod installed, PLEASE read the Important Notice sections below to properly install this mod. If you don't have those mods installed, then simply run the executable to install the mod. It will modify and/or replace any conflicting files in your Override folder and save the original files inside the backup folder. Do NOT simply copy the files from the tslpatchdata folder to your Override folder; the mod will not work.

Also it states this:

Important Notice (K1 Force Pack v1.0):

If you have version 1.0 of this mod installed, first completely uninstall version 1.0 by following the uninstallation instructions provided in the ReadMe of that mod. Afterwards, proceed with this installation.

Important Notice (Shem's Super Enhanced Mod Add-On):

If you have Shem's Super Enhanced Mod Add-On installed (the Add-On specifically, not the original one), install this mod using the TSLPatcher, but be sure to copy the contents of the patch folder into your Override folder AFTER installing this mod to ensure compatibility.

Your "unorthodox" solution turned out to not be a solution at all. You just mixed two versions of the same files which will seriously screw things up. So just download the second version of this mod from Nexus Mods and then reinstall. Bad news though, it looks like you will have to reinstall all of your mods to fix this, unless you have some backups somewhere. If you have Shem's Super Enhanced Mod Add-On follow the instructions above and happy modding! :pc:

• Like 1