Eauxps I. Fourgott

Star Wars Episode VII - No Spoilers, Please!

With the latest entry to the Star Wars saga being released soon, I decided that I'd like to put this request out there.

I intend to watch Episode VII at some point, but I'm not sure when that would be. Certainly not on opening night, or anything like that. In the meantime, I'd like to avoid being spoiled as to the plot, characters, etc., and I'd also like to not be forced to stay away from this site in the interim.

So, my request is not to avoid discussing Episode VII altogether, but to not put any spoilers out here in obvious, hard-to-miss places. I think that a spoiler tag would be ideal; and certainly don't name any topics something like "LUKE IS THE BAD GUY!!!!" or whatnot.

Thank you.

Fortunately, most people here are reasonable and won't intentionally spoil things, unlike Game of Thrones book fans, who used to spoil everything.

We should maybe have all of our Episode VII discussions in one thread.

I may be watching on opening day, got some coupons for movie tickets, perhaps i could take a lady? Yeah right, i wish haha!

No really, i'd like it if we could avoid spoilers aswell, because i may or may not see it soon... and i think it would be courteous to others if we do not start talking episode 7 until at least a month after release.

I may be watching on opening day, got some coupons for movie tickets, perhaps i could take a lady? Yeah right, i wish haha!

No really, i'd like it if we could avoid spoilers aswell, because i may or may not see it soon... and i think it would be courteous to others if we do not start talking episode 7 until at least a month after release.

or not at all... Many people will get Pissed of at you on here if they havent seen it, I for one will not spoil anything for anyone

I like the idea of a dedicated thread to be set up later in the week to discuss the movie.

The title of the thread should clearly indicate "Beware of Spoilers" or something along those lines.

One should only enter the thread if he/she has seen the film.

I like the idea of a dedicated thread to be set up later in the week to discuss the movie.

The title of the thread should clearly indicate "Beware of Spoilers" or something along those lines.

One should only enter the thread if he/she has seen the film.

And people who post there should also be very very careful, since the start of the posts show on the main page.

Maybe we can coordinate with Sith Holocron and Tyvokka for maximum spoiler protection?

could you force the thread to make spoiler tags automatically so that if someone does accidentally click on the thread, nothing is spoiled for them

Label it the MASSIVE SPOILER thread. If I have been able to avoid spoilers since the movie was announced so can they.

And Tyvokka, did you get my message about making a subforum for Episode 7?

Update: I'd add to that you should explain how - in the simplest of terms - how to make spoiler tags for those that do not know how to do so in the very first post.

I bought tickets for opening weekend because my youtube comments will spoil me. This way I won't have to turn them off for very long. 

But I too would appreciate not spoiling things for everyone.

I bought tickets for opening weekend because my youtube comments will spoil me. This way I won't have to turn them off for very long. 

But I too would appreciate not spoiling things for everyone.

I have already been spoiled, but I am going to watch it tonight again 12am, Im interested to see the edited version and it should be great

I have already been spoiled, but I am going to watch it tonight again 12am, Im interested to see the edited version and it should be great

Oh man! Sorry to hear!

Still got 52-ish hours until I get to see it

Oh man! Sorry to hear!

Still got 52-ish hours until I get to see it

It was my own fault :( One thing led to another, next thing you know, im on wikileaks