Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Evil

Star Citizen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

I could not be more hyped. I was a huge fan of Wing Commander and Freelancer, wishing Freelancer had gotten the treatment and sequel it deserved. Now it looks like it is.

What are your thoughts? An FPS game with a space sim all together? Is it too ambitious? I think this could work, but you're probably gonna need a kickass rig... I have one :P

I watched an LP of the entire Freelancer game, and I couldn't be happier that it's finally getting a proper release. It is such a shame that the original is still incredibly rare, as it had an awesome plot and surprisingly dense Galactic map with which you can explore every corner of.. Also John Rhys Davies as a character VO. ;)

I watched an LP of the entire Freelancer game, and I couldn't be happier that it's finally getting a proper release. It is such a shame that the original is still incredibly rare, as it had an awesome plot and surprisingly dense Galactic map with which you can explore every corner of.. Also John Rhys Davies as a character VO. ;)

You can still get it on Amazon for like $15 or i think someone has it on GOG...

Microsoft needs to stop being such pansies and release the copy on Steam, it's one of my favorite games ever

I'm excited, but skeptical. I want it to be what I think it is, but what I'm expecting is so amazing I can't fathom it'll live up to that.

• Like 1

I am a fan of an old mac game called Escape Velocity. Star Citizen looks to be a next-gen successor to that type of gameplay.

Escape Velocity? Try Endless Sky. It's open source, even.

And to not wander too far away from the topic, I like what I'm seeing there so far, but... but. I don't know. Something feels out of place, and I don't quite know what it is. Maybe it's just me beeing too picky, though...

I think my pants need changing

(God I hope this stuff gets mod support like Freelancer did)

• Like 1