1Leonard

The truth about Jar Jar Binks?

I just came across this theory on the Star Wars subreddit and it's rather mind-boggling to me. 

I kind of want it to be real...

Any thoughts?

Its more than plausible... To be fair to jar jar, some of his feats were pretty astonishing for a clumsy gun-gan and showed many skills that could suggest he was force sensitive

I have my own theory on this (Mainly just for a bit of a laugh), but one could argue that he could be a sith lord. If you think about it, he has shown many feats that only someone trained in the ways of the force could do. On top of this, he just so happened to be the one who both allowed the use and creation of a clone army and gave emergency powers to Palpatine and if you think about it, his clumsiness and stupidity is a pretty good cover up if he was a sith lord (I mean who would assume some one as clumsy and stupid as Jar-Jar could be a sith lord). Palpatine and Jar-Jar even spent a fair bit of time on the same planet together so it is more than plausible that Jar-Jar knew he was a sith but chose not to reveal himself. (And if you watch the movies with this idea in your head, it starts to make alot more sense)

I saw this earlier today and was intrigued...

..though counter-point, it could be that he was being manipulated by a Sith.

The force is said to work well on the weak-minded, no?

• Like 1

I highly doubt that Jar Jar will be returning in any capacity. And as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing.

I have heard them joke that they could put jar-Jars bones in the background somewhere, although it could just be that JJ is trying to put us off... Wouldn't be the first time (Star Trek anyone??)

Its more than plausible... To be fair to jar jar, some of his feats were pretty astonishing for a clumsy gun-gan and showed many skills that could suggest he was force sensitive

I have my own theory on this (Mainly just for a bit of a laugh), but one could argue that he could be a sith lord. If you think about it, he has shown many feats that only someone trained in the ways of the force could do. On top of this, he just so happened to be the one who both allowed the use and creation of a clone army and gave emergency powers to Palpatine and if you think about it, his clumsiness and stupidity is a pretty good cover up if he was a sith lord (I mean who would assume some one as clumsy and stupid as Jar-Jar could be a sith lord). Palpatine and Jar-Jar even spent a fair bit of time on the same planet together so it is more than plausible that Jar-Jar knew he was a sith but chose not to reveal himself. (And if you watch the movies with this idea in your head, it starts to make alot more sense)

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of Jar Jar really being some evil genius, but I certainly don't want to see him come back.

I saw this earlier today and was intrigued...

..though counter-point, it could be that he was being manipulated by a Sith.

The force is said to work well on the weak-minded, no?

If you consider Jar Jar being weak-minded, then yeah.

If his clumsiness and general attitude was all an act, then I don't know if I would consider him weak-minded. It's an impressive feat to fool the entire jedi council and the senate.

• Like 1

This says about the same and is a bit easier to digest since it's in video format:

I honestly scrolled past the idea in Reddit and laughed really hard... but after reading through it, it's actually quite plausible. I almost want this to be the truth... It's just that there's one piece missing... Maybe Jar Jar is Plagueis
, Sidious's master. Think about it, Plagueis is so powerful that he can keep others from dying, so why can't he do the same for himself? Now yes, it's established that he's a Muun, but that's legacy canon and that's not being used for the new movies. Then there's the idea that "wouldn't Palpatine recognize his old master?" Not necessarily. Either they would establish Plagueis as perhaps a changeling who took the identity of Jar Jar, or perhaps his force spirit took over Jar Jar... Despite his old apprentice killing him, (or so we think), plagueis still assists his old apprentice from the shadows in an effort to destroy their common enemy: The Jedi.

Or Jar Jar could just be another sith entirely, who knows. TBH this theory isn't that far fetched. And yes, even if it is true the prequel still have a ton of flaws but that's because Lucas was the director rather than the visionary force and that's it. And from what I heard he had the crap of midichlorians back in ESB but didn't incorporate it. Still, he came up with the brilliant decision of making Vader luke's father, so I doubt it's beyond his ability to create a similar deceptionary plot twist here. And the other holes are pretty much covered in either the reddit thread or the video, as Lucas did say "Jar Jar is the key to everything" and how he (perhaps sadly) changed the original plot of the prequels due to fan backlash.

Also, I seem to remember one of Disney's goal's for the sequels is to somewhat redeem the prequels. If this were true and Jar Jar was snoke, this would definitely help in that.

I actually am itching to re-watch TPM now with this in mind, I can't even believe I'm saying this...

(there's also the conspiracy that this whole idea was created on Reddit by the developers of the new movie themselves to ease the blow for when this is true, but that also is probably the tin foil hat kiddies)

All in all, this theory is great... You could compare it to the indoctrination theory for Mass Effect in its effort to create something good out of something that's nonsense, but the difference is that the evidence here isn't "oh it's a dream" or stuff that doesn't make sense, it's deliberate directing... Indoctrination theory actually was false because Mac Walters is that bad of a writer

Also, I seem to remember one of Disney's goal's for the sequels is to somewhat redeem the prequels. If this were true and Jar Jar was snoke, this would definitely help in that.

I don't care if Jar Jar is actually a Sith Lord, he should not return...

I don't care if Jar Jar is actually a Sith Lord, he should not return...

And this is exactly the kind of closed-mindedness that makes a lot of the prequel haters look cancerous(no offense), same with those moaning about the OT edits. I myself don't like the prequels, but I at least can admit and see that some of it was done right.

Jar Jar Binks, I agree, was horribly done, but that's a fault of Lucas's execution... Had he actually envisioned Jar Jar as the true sith lord, then that's brilliant in itself. Cutting Jar Jar out of a few scenes and reducing the childish humor would have actually helped make that case.

Edited by Doctor Evil
  • Like 1

And this is exactly the kind of closed-mindedness that makes a lot of the prequel haters look cancerous(no offense), same with those moaning about the OT edits. I myself don't like the prequels, but I at least can admit and see that some of it was done right.

Jar Jar Binks, I agree, was horribly done, but that's a fault of Lucas's execution... Had he actually envisioned Jar Jar as the true sith lord, then that's brilliant in itself. Cutting Jar Jar out of a few scenes and reducing the childish humor would have actually helped make that case.

Perhaps I spoke a bit quickly/bluntly.

I'm actually pretty neutral about the prequels, for the most part, with a fair bit of the "enjoy it for what it is" philosophy that I also have towards the Hobbit trilogy. Jar Jar, though, sticks in my mind as both annoying and ludicrous. It would be rather amusing if he was indeed a Sith Lord, but I still think that I would never be able to take him seriously enough to make it a good thing for him to be in the new movies. Plus it would seem weird anyway...

Perhaps I spoke a bit quickly/bluntly.

I'm actually pretty neutral about the prequels, for the most part, with a fair bit of the "enjoy it for what it is" philosophy that I also have towards the Hobbit trilogy. Jar Jar, though, sticks in my mind as both annoying and ludicrous. It would be rather amusing if he was indeed a Sith Lord, but I still think that I would never be able to take him seriously enough to make it a good thing for him to be in the new movies. Plus it would seem weird anyway...

And what is wrong with Jar-Jar, he is ep-1 C3-PO... JAr JAr is obviously a god

And what is wrong with Jar-Jar, he is ep-1 C3-PO... JAr JAr is obviously a god

I dunno. I guess that it's three things, all of which are kind of subjective:

1. C-3P0 seems like he was written by an adult... and to me, Jar Jar seems more like he was made by a kid, in his general manner of speaking and weirdness.

2. C-3P0 actually fits in with the universe, while Jar Jar never quite seemed to for me (similar to Padme, although that also is subjective). Might have something to do with the fact that Jar Jar is computer-animated.

3. C-3P0 is funny while Jar Jar is simply annoying.

We can't all agree on everything, right?

Fart jokes, overexaggerative treatment of simple things like hand to hand combat, a surprising lack of meaningful dialogue? I see nothing wrong here.. ;)

Seriously, Jarjar had the subtlety and dry wit of a McDonalds Happy Meal toy.

Personally I imagined him with a silent sort of detachment at his constant misfortunes, but none of that was presented in the film. Which ironically was somewhat present in Anthony Daniels' Threepio. ...

Which isn't to say I hate him as a character, though..

Here's how I predict this might unfold in the new trilogy: We won't see Jar Jar(Darth Plageuis) as himself but rather the new body that Snoke embodies. We see Jar Jar in the desert of Jakku and automatically think HAHAHAHAH HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED USELESS FOOL, when the body is there for more than just fan service but rather as a shedding of skin. When we actually meet Snoke/Darth Plageuis, he reveals himself as the true person behind Palpatine the whole time, and he hid among enemies more effectively that Palpatine.. etc etc...

Long story short, Plageuis transferred his spirit to a more potent, more fear inspiring body "Snoke" and thus assumed control of what was left of Palpatine's Empire and formed the first order. Thus both sides, the Jar Jar haters and the Sith Jar Jar fans, are happy.

Here's a video that supports my thesis -->

Here's how I predict this might unfold in the new trilogy: We won't see Jar Jar(Darth Plageuis) as himself but rather the new body that Snoke embodies. We see Jar Jar in the desert of Jakku and automatically think HAHAHAHAH HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED USELESS FOOL, when the body is there for more than just fan service but rather as a shedding of skin. When we actually meet Snoke/Darth Plageuis, he reveals himself as the true person behind Palpatine the whole time, and he hid among enemies more effectively that Palpatine.. etc etc...

Long story short, Plageuis transferred his spirit to a more potent, more fear inspiring body "Snoke" and thus assumed control of what was left of Palpatine's Empire and formed the first order. Thus both sides, the Jar Jar haters and the Sith Jar Jar fans, are happy.

Here's a video that supports my thesis -->

Not trying to rain on your parade, or hate, or anything like that, but what evidence is there that anything involving any of these characters is going to be in the new trilogy?

I myself had the impression that it would be mostly new, with the classic characters from the original trilogy.

Not trying to rain on your parade, or hate, or anything like that, but what evidence is there that anything involving any of these characters is going to be in the new trilogy?

I myself had the impression that it would be mostly new, with the classic characters from the original trilogy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Snoke

This guy is the person who said "there has been an awakening" in the very first trailer, I think it it's pretty much confirmed he's in these movies [/sarcasm] Snoke is said to be alien, tall, and somewhat snake-like... And let's face it, bringing in a brand new sith lord never before mentioned would be lame because it makes the effort in the OT pointless and that a sith lord will rise no matter what.

Also, this trilogy, whether you like it or not, will include tie-ins to the prequels that make all 3 trilogies connect somehow. Darth Plageuis as the big bad guy in Episodes 7-8-9 makes a lot more sense than some brand new sith out of F***ing no where, because Plageuis was said to be able to preserve life of those he cared about... Sith care nothing but for themselves, thus he preserved his own life. Please do your homework, and correct me if I'm wrong but you need to read the entire Jar Jar theory through

• Like 1

Jar jar has been confirmed (EDIT: I should say he has been hinted at being in ep. 7 by several actors and JJ), so has Anakin for ep. 8 (probably as a ghost)

Jar jar has been confirmed (EDIT: I should say he has been hinted at being in ep. 7 by several actors and JJ), so has Anakin for ep. 8 (probably as a ghost)

All JJ said was that he was a skeleton in a desert probably, which is either a red herring or a confirmation of my theory of Plageuis --> Jar Jar --> Snoke.. While he did comment on the theory on EW, he didn't say anything conclusive other than it was "an amazing theory"

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/30/jar-jar-binks-fan-theory-jj-abrams

As for the actors, I'd like to see a source on that please

Edited by Doctor Evil

Where? I'd like to see that.

Doc Evil -

You may be right, I don't know. I personally am not getting overly into the hype for the new movies, especially because I'm not sure that they'll even be any good. I guess I'm just more of an interested bystander.

I guess it's also just a little bit hard to believe that this was planned from the start, since they left it out of the prequels and waited (at least) fifteen years to actually reveal it... if it does show up, I'd find it easier to believe that they stuck it in more recently. Also because it's (at least some) different people making it.

I dunno. I don't have an official opinion/side about this, I'll just see where it ends up. I will say, though, that that would be a pretty good plot twist.

Hayden Christensen has been seen on set for ep. 7 and he let it slip that he was doing work in a SW movie (Assuming it is either ep. 8, or maybe the Obi-wan analogy) 

When JJ suggests something like that, you know their is something going on, he tends to let things 'slip', just not in the way we expect

Hayden Christensen has been seen on set for ep. 7 and he let it slip that he was doing work in a SW movie (Assuming it is either ep. 8, or maybe the Obi-wan analogy) 

When JJ suggests something like that, you know their is something going on, he tends to let things 'slip', just not in the way we expect

Would be interesting, though I confess that to me it doesn't really fit in all that well with the trailers. We'll just see, I guess.

Would be interesting, though I confess that to me it doesn't really fit in all that well with the trailers. We'll just see, I guess.

I will say nothing more except JJ has said that everything in the trailers is from the first act of the movie, so we are oblivious to the second act