Eauxps I. Fourgott

Compatibility with Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Since I believe that nobody has yet reported whether or not BOS:SR is compatible with K1R, I decided to play through BOS to test compatibility.

This test run was done on the 4 CD version of the game, on a Windows 8.1 computer. I have encountered issues before with this computer's graphics card, but I believe that I have sorted out the graphics card-based issues with those caused by other things. As far as mods, K1R version 1.0 got installed first, followed by BOS:SR and the v.1.1 patch. I also installed the following mods in my game (not sure about the order, sorry):

-Extreme Conditions Combat Robes: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/405-extreme-conditions-combat-robes/

-Duel Room Final: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/559-duel-room-final/

-Proper Manaan Quest Endings: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/557-proper-manaan-quest-endings/

-Lightsaber and Force Forms (originally v. 1.0, but v. 1.1 later installed over it -- I think): http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/520-lightsaber-and-force-forms/

-Tomb of Exar Kun (uninstalled before the actual playthrough, but I keep it here in case there could somehow be some effect): http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/587-tomb-of-exar-kun-by-deathdisco/

-K1 FP Pack by Insidious (can't find a link, sorry)

So then, the burning question: are the two mods compatible? Well...

There are no gameplay issues or bugs that were not present before -- only problem I encountered was the game crashing when

a bunch of Brothers of Shadow exploded into existence
, but on a second attempt, that was not an issue. The mod can be fully played through. However, there are a number of graphics issues that can be annoying and, in one case, make things quite frustrating for new players of the mod. These mostly came in the form of appearances being changed, as in one character (usually a character) appearing as a different one. However, since the other appearances seem to all be from BOS:SR, I'm not sure whether the problem was with K1R, another mod (if this is the case, it's probably the duel room), or simply a faulty installation of BOS:SR. I've included a full list of the appearance bugs below under spoiler tags; if you haven't played before and don't want spoilers, than don't look under them. The first spoiler tag contains the one bug that might hamper new players' gameplay, use that one if you're stuck, and it may have the answer.

In the flashback to the Battle of Malachor V, an important computer terminal in the first area is invisible.

- When you destroy the artifact at the end of the Brotherhood of Shadow quest, the rubble takes the appearance of a weirdly textured dead katarn. (The texture part may be my graphics card acting up.)

- In Shadow's flashback to her first day on the Orion, during the beginning of the battle scene with the Republic, Walon Vau appears as a second Drix Keliwt.
- In the same flashback, while Shadow is on the Formidable and making her way to Telana's room, when she sees a vision of Telana, Telana appears as Darth Malak, or possibly the Malak figure from elsewhere in the mod. She has the correct appearance in her actual room, however.
- In the fight scene with Akirakon Sin possessing Solomon (right after the flashback to Akirakon's imprisonment), Akirakon-Solomon appears as a Sith Twi'lek -- I believe Exeden Rar from elsewhere in the mod.
- In the scene where Verbal prepares to detonate the Temple of Shadow, Mec Han'ic appears as a generic Jedi figure and Verbal appears as one of the female PCs wearing Juhani's default clothing.

No matter whether these graphics bugs were caused by K1R or some other factor, BOS:SR can definitely be played through with K1R installed, and does not seem to cause any issues with K1R either.

Disclaimer: I played through this mod rather hurriedly, so it is possible that I may have missed something.

BoS:SR indeed has some crazy appearance issues due to certain missing pieces in the installer. It should appear correctly, if you install it *first*, but if you install it after a mod that adds appearances, those certain pieces go wrong.

At least for characters. Those placeable issues I haven't noticed. Guess that part needs re-checking.

One more slight appearance issue that I forgot about...

In the flashback to Akirakon Sin's imprisonment, when you kill the Rakatan chieftan and then Akirakon walks away, there's supposed to be the chief's body impaled on a pike left behind. It's not there.

BoS:SR indeed has some crazy appearance issues due to certain missing pieces in the installer. It should appear correctly, if you install it *first*, but if you install it after a mod that adds appearances, those certain pieces go wrong.

At least for characters. Those placeable issues I haven't noticed. Guess that part needs re-checking.

Okay, so does that mean that there's no direct compatibility issues with K1R, then?

So the verdict apparently is install BOS:SR before K1R for no compatibility issues? Still, it might be better for someone to do a test with no other mods besides K1R and BOS:SR to be 100% certain those other mods didn't cause any issues.

So the verdict apparently is install BOS:SR before K1R for no compatibility issues? Still, it might be better for someone to do a test with no other mods besides K1R and BOS:SR to be 100% certain those other mods didn't cause any issues.

Probably it would be best for somebody to test with no other mods and with BOS:SR installed first -- I don't know that switching the install order would negatively impact K1R, but I'm also not an expert on it and it would probably be good to make sure. That said, the BOS:SR test for me was just a little side path I took since I had reached that point in my KOTOR game anyway, and I would prefer not to run another test at this time.

Ha! Don't even get me started about the destroyed Rakatan artifact.

You've said it turned into a dead Katarn instead of the pile of rubble? It usually turned into a giant fountain for me. XD

Okay, so does that mean that there's no direct compatibility issues with K1R, then?

I have no idea. But unless that console being invisible causes a game-breaking issue, these things are cosmetical (and seriously, a problem in BoS:SR itself, that need to be fixed).

I have no idea. But unless that console being invisible causes a game-breaking issue, these things are cosmetical (and seriously, a problem in BoS:SR itself, that need to be fixed).

I wouldn't call the console a game-breaking issue, as it's still fully functional. It just adds an extra, unnecessary dimension of difficulty.

Unnecessary, of course. My point was (supposed to be) that these issues would happen with all mods that affect appearance.2da and/or placeables.2da (though the actual appearances that those characters/placeables take depend on what other mods are installed and in what order), not only with K1R.

Anyway, me and FS are tracking the missing pieces from the installer.