File Submitted: 01 Oct 2015

File Category: Mods

K1R Compatible: Yes

==========================================
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION
==========================================

TITLE: Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt Fix 1.1
AUTHOR: Sithspecter

CREDITS: Thanks to Foxhounder for fixing the camera issues for me. Settoken and Quanon for passing information that helped me in this quest, Kristy Kristic for helping me fix the lightning and camera issues, and Mr. Shadow for taking screenshots and uploading the videos.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Copy all the files in the folder of the Zip into your override folder

DESCRIPTION: This mod is a complete animation fix for Revan's robes (The "Chest Camera" issue has been corrected). Right now, it only works for the N_DarthRevan model, and not the maskless robes. The animations have been a painful process, as I had to animate frame by frame. For your convienence, I also included a disguise for Revan.

Have a ball.

WARNING: Do not use any other mods that alter n_darthrevan.mdl/n_darthrevan.mdx as they will over write this mod.

Cheats:
giveitem g_a_mstrrobe08

BUGS: Camera Issue has been corrected. None known.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Click here to download this file

One of the most impressive mods of all time.

The time and effort needed to animate the cape - yet to be matched!

It can hardly compare to large content mods such as Brotherhood of Shadow, but it's still a lot of focus to produce just 2 files. I think my mind blocks out that portion of my life sometimes.

It can hardly compare to large content mods such as Brotherhood of Shadow, but it's still a lot of focus to produce just 2 files. I think my mind blocks out that portion of my life sometimes.

So... Why doesn't the maskless one work? If it's something simple, I could try to help.

Because it doesn't have the animations. If you can make it work go for it. I'm not touching it anymore.

Because it doesn't have the animations. If you can make it work go for it. I'm not touching it anymore.

You mean you don't want to go into the torture chamber? :P

In all seriousness, tell me the model name and I'll see what I can do. Functionally, the only thing different should be the geometry, so directly carrying it over should work. We might lose some smoothing, but it'll animate, right?

I don't know any of the model names off the top of my head at all. I only included the one model in the pack. I have no clue about any of the animations transferring.

MDLEdit crashes when I try to save the .MDL file as ASCII.

Same thing happens if I load the .MDL file and I try to view some of the geometry nodes as ASCII.

Any advice?

MDLEdit can't handle animations being declared with no keyframes, of which this model contains several. You'll have to use MDLOps. Be aware that KMax will also crash for the same reason if you try to load the resultant ASCII. I would suggest waiting until SS uploads the updated model, which resolves these issues.

Edit: Actually the KMax issue is the OdysseyBase having keyframes in any animation.

DP,

I opened the .mdl with MDLOps and saved it as ASCII. While it does not crash, it seems to produce some out of range integers (4294967295) MDLEdit complains about. I guess that was the problem with undeclared keyframes you were talking about.

Would it be possible to make things work by replacing the illegal integer with another one?

At this point, it's mostly curiosity.