Jorak Uln

SKIN:Complete Effects Overhaul alpha

Complete Effects Overhaul alpha

The goal of this mod is to give the various ingame effects a more recent look, i also highly recommend to use it in tandem with my Complete Overhaul series.

This mod is currently in alpha stage; since my goal is to tweak every effect until it looks right, it covers the most common fx effects for now:

Included are:

Fireball
Beam Effects
animated Force Storm
Drain
Heal
Force Stun
Adhesive Grenade
Various muzzle flashes

Installation:

Download the mod, extract the archive with an archive extraction program such as 7zip or WinRAR, then move the extracted files to your game's override folder.

Compatibilty:

This mod is compatible with all mods except the ones which change the fx effects - like Hi res beam Effects or Fire &Ice Whee etc.

Enjoy!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/09/2015
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

• Like 1

Nice work here. Where did you get your inspiration for the textures from?

Glad you like it. Well, inspiration you can find everywhere - i like how smooth and eye catching the Bioware particle effects are, in Single Player games like Mass Effect they put a lot more effort into to get them look right than in MMOs like TOR. 

Nevertheless the TOR designs are highly artistic and what i try to do is to imagine - how would certain effects from SWTOR look if  it were a SP game?

Btw, have you tried doing some modding yourself?

I've just edited .utcs to make mods compatible in past playthroughs.

Not interested in becoming a modder. I'm just a groupie.

• Like 1

Jorak You are doing such good work. The game is going to look awesome once you have a complete package ready... But then it will be close to 90 zipped archives :P

I'm just a groupie.

At least it isnt just me...

Jorak You are doing such good work. The game is going to look awesome once you have a complete package ready... But then it will be close to 90 zipped archives :P

Thanks! You too - your videos really are an asset for the community ;)

Not interested in becoming a modder. I'm just a groupie.

its like football without fans. The modders need you guys around.

I've done a bunch of small modding on my own, including texture edits, UT(type) files, model converting(rarely, but it has happened and has worked) and some other bits and pieces here and there to get mods compatible. 

Having a Kotor game run smoothly 100% the way you want it with around 2.5GBs requires a couple uses of Kotor Tool and Gimp, as well as the occasional 2DA merger tool.

Anyway, I won't really be playing Kotor much these days, but when I've got free time and am in the mood for another playthrough, I'll definitely download this. Looks fantastic.