Rinku

Rinku's Workshop [WIP]

Hi everyone!!

A little introduction: A long time ago, I was a decently active member of LF. Then I dropped off the face of the internet.  Fast-forward to my last semester of undergrad, I had more free time..so I played Kotor 2, with TSLRCM, and got my girlfriend to start playing Kotor (for the first time).  All this reignited my love for staying up-to-date with the mod scene.  To help me further appreciate all the work everyone has done, I've decided to attempt modding. This thread will be the record of my journey exploring modding!

---------------

Project Lists [No edits]

Current Projects (will be updated as projects are started)

1. Republic (& Sith?) Armors

2. PLC Reskins

Finished Projects (will be updated as projects are completed)

---------------

Armors

Republic

I have always wondered why the Republic never provided light/medium/heavy armor varients for their soldiers. Also, the Republic armor seems pretty skimpy compared to others. I'm aiming to correct this by creating 3 new republic armors (light/medium/heavy) that will be available in-game. In the future I'd love to pair this with a new helmet for the Republic (or even with SS's Republic helmet mod).

Here is what I have so far:

Light

post-15715-0-63265100-1440128654_thumb.jpg

Medium

post-15715-0-56987700-1440128657_thumb.jpg

Heavy

post-15715-0-19277800-1440128652_thumb.jpg

I am not 100% sold on the medium and heavy designs...debating on using the soldier class clothing model for the heavy armor and taking another attempt at the medium design.

Additionally, I am considering the possibility of making the "traditional" Republic armor the soldier class clothing. As it appears to be more like clothing. I know this is already a mod, I would just like to include something like that with this mod (will get in contact with the mod author at a later time). Criticism/thoughts/suggestions highly appreciated.

Sith

I've never been the biggest fan of the Sith trooper armor. I am still thinking about how I'd like to design this/if it is even possible with my current skill set. I'd probably like to use the medium armor model, and give it a scout trooper-ish helmet. I'd only provide medium/heavy armor where:

medium = "traditional" sith trooper

heavy =  "red" sith trooper 

PLC

I noticed that a lot of the mods I have will replace certain PLC, but leave others. This sometimes leaves an oddly low res item in the middle of a beautiful planet. While these wont be "super HD" (max 512x512), I'm attempting to upgrade the PLC that I've noticed is left alone in some reskins. I have about 32 skins done, but I'm trying to figure out a way to easily view all of them in-game (and thus provide pics).

I'm really liking your light and heavy Republic armor textures. Love the patches on the light's sides! The medium one, I think, could benefit from a bit of form division in the yellow area of the chest. Maybe something like a line down the middle?

Awesome Republic armor! I like the light armor the best, it looks like something a that would be worn by a Republic Scout. The heavy armor isn't bad, but I'm unsure about the medium - the upper chest breastplate just looks like a yellow shawl to me  :P. But still, it's awesome, and I'm looking forward to future updates! Are you just modding for KotOR at the moment or are you planning to make these available for TSL too?

Thanks everyone!

Are you just modding for KotOR at the moment or are you planning to make these available for TSL too?

Right now it's just for Kotor, but I'd definitely like to make these for TSL in the future.

Are you planning to do modeling as well?

Maybe, don't have any modeling software at the moment, but it'd definitely be a nice skill to pick up.

No update at the moment. I'm working on designing a better medium/heavy armor - while searching up reference images of the soldier clothing & republic soldier armor....I rediscovered that Silveredge made the republic shock trooper in BOS:SR   :crybaby:  So I might not proceed with converting the soldier clothing to a heavy armor for the republic (would just use the traditional heavy armor model). Thoughts? 

Update time! I'm semi-settled in Shanghai, and in my downtime I've been working on some new designs!

So without further delay.....

Republic Armors skins

Medium v2

post-15715-0-60646500-1441531870_thumb.jpg

Heavy v2

post-15715-0-58915400-1441531792_thumb.jpg

Heavy v3

post-15715-0-85877700-1441531784_thumb.jpg

------

If you're wondering where I got the inspiration...I was searching up Republic soldiers so that I could, in a sense, have a style guide to look at while in photoshop. That's when I came across this image:

post-15715-0-12324700-1441532219_thumb.jpg

I thought it looked very cool, and would open up the possibility for some future modeling work. So I tried to keep with a similar design throughout the skins.

------

After doing some thinking (while traversing around Shanghai) the new ordering of the armors will most likely be:

Republic Cadet Uniform (light) = Vanilla Republic Armor

-given at start

Republic Armor (medium-light) [upgradable]  - This will be the default armor all soldiers will now have

post-15715-0-47754600-1441532698_thumb.jpg

-Will be found on dead soldier on Endar Spire

-Carth will have one, will be found in footlocker in your room on Taris

Republic Trooper Armor (medium) [upgradable]

post-15715-0-60646500-1441531870_thumb.jpg

Will be found on the bridge of Endar Spire

Republic Arc Armor (medium-heavy) [upgradable]

post-15715-0-85877700-1441531784_thumb.jpg

-Will be found later in game (maybe on Manaan)

Republic Commando Armor (heavy) [upgradable]

post-15715-0-58915400-1441531792_thumb.jpg

-Will be found in the Manaan underwater base

• Like 1

It's looking good but you are going to need some modeling for this.

I wonder - what is the helmet that Sithspecter is talking about?

It's looking good but you are going to need some modeling for this.

I wonder - what is the helmet that Sithspecter is talking about?

The helmet is SS's republic helmet mod, which made the stock republic helmet available in-game.  EDIT: I had begun to type this response a while ago, so I didn't see that Sith Holocron had responded. He is correct ;)

I'm actually thinking of including a few different pieces of headgear/weapons for this mod.

Brainstorming for headgear:

Republic Helmet (SS's Republic Helmet)

Ranger's Visor (using Verpine Ocular Enchancer model)

Trooper Tactical Comm (using circlet of Teta's Royal Band model)

Republic Security Visor (using Interface Band model)

• Like 1

Well, time to revive my old thread. Only have thesis work this semester, so I hope to get back into modding.

Lost some of the files from the republic trooper armor overhual, but that's not a bad thing. I wasn't satisfied with my work - so I would have redone most of the armor anyway.

In the meantime, here is an idea I had for a light armor/combat suit overhual. I might persue it in the future, but I figured I'd post it (that way someone else could work with the idea if they want). The premise is replace the traditional combat suit model w/ the smuggler model. Keep in mind, this is a proof of concept.

Combat Suit:

post-15715-0-76279400-1487561858_thumb.jpg

Echani Light Armor:

post-15715-0-98976400-1487561871_thumb.jpg

• Like 5