Vaders Elite

Kotor II Port Coming Soon to Linux,Mobile & Macintosh

Indeed, I will like to see Kotor 2 on Mac, because the first one was done outstandingly well. My main concern: Will they re-do the game in HD for this port?

This is intresting was the k1 android port in HD? (i have it but cant tell the difference since i havent played the pc port)

Update-the following it a joke but it was fun making and you can download it from below

Pic-http://www.4shared.com/photo/Kua4oBAFce/Screenshot_2015-06-01-07-47-48.html

pichttp://www.4shared.com/photo/frIpStWMba/Screenshot_2015-06-01-07-49-09.html

pichttp://www.4shared.com/photo/1FfME4vZba/Screenshot_2015-06-01-07-49-59.html

Apk-http://www.4shared.com/mobile/pWaAn7cFba/KOTOR_II_11TH_ANNIVEESARY.html

Again it was a joke but fun anyways.i hope to be posting real screenshots if this becomes reality.

KOTOR II JUST CAME OUT FOR LINUX

this means the ERSB RATING IS TRUE AND MOBILE WILL ALSO RECIEVE THIS GAME

WOHOOOOOOOOO!!

leaked ersb rating below

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Knights+of+the+Old+Republic+II/news.asp?c=65428#comment-2146072298

Do u guys think the mobile port will have TLSRCM pre installed like linux does?

And when do you think mobiles will get a release? This year is what i think. It makes sense with SWBF and Sw7!

But more importantly will iphone get it first or will we see it released on both platforms together?

KOTOR II JUST CAME OUT FOR LINUX

this means the ERSB RATING IS TRUE AND MOBILE WILL ALSO RECIEVE THIS GAME

WOHOOOOOOOOO!!

leaked ersb rating below

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Knights+of+the+Old+Republic+II/news.asp?c=65428#comment-2146072298

And when do you think mobiles will get a release? This year is what i think. It makes sense with SWBF and Sw7!

But more importantly will iphone get it first or will we see it released on both platforms together?

That would be nice publicity (even if it eats into the download count). Is there anything that directs people to the site though for more mods?

Either way, I'm pretty stoked! 3 more versions to acquire for no reason other than posterity!

• Like 1

That would be nice publicity (even if it eats into the download count). Is there anything that directs people to the site though for more mods?

Either way, I'm pretty stoked! 3 more versions to acquire for no reason other than posterity!

It makes sense. I dont think that Ersb was a leak at all!

What do you mean "pre-installed"? You still have to download TSLRCM for linux, although it's fairly easy due to use of Steam Workshop.

What do you mean "pre-installed"? You still have to download TSLRCM for linux, although it's fairly easy due to use of Steam Workshop.

I mean do u think Aspyr may release k2 with Tslrcm already in the games data files?

Its unlikwly but by how the newly released linux port is moddable i assume that the mobile port will definately be able to have tslrcm ported to it

There'd be a bunch of problems with having pre-installed TSLRCM on any official release, but thanks to Steam workshop it's easy to install.

I have it on a very good authority that TSLRCM will, indeed, work on mobile ;)

They can't have it pre-installed because then they would be selling it, which they can't do unless they pay the people that actually worked on it. Can't say "created" it per se, since it mostly uses original assets and files. Right?

Could be an interesting discussion though, IF the mod was created only by using original assets, then it might be able to be sold since the assets were created by Obsidian. Not sure though.

It's not unprecedented, actually. Fallout 2 was re-released to retail with a community created mod included.

The developers didn't ask or credit the mod team, and it was using an old version, but still. lol.

Well, that’s the main problem with including mods still in development: you’re stuck with a soon-to-be-obsolete version, with no easy mean to update it.

I’m glad they didn’t decide to include the TSLRCM in this release but made sure it would be easy to install. It’s the most sensible choice in my opinion.

They can't have it pre-installed because then they would be selling it, which they can't do unless they pay the people that actually worked on it. Can't say "created" it per se, since it mostly uses original assets and files. Right?

Could be an interesting discussion though, IF the mod was created only by using original assets, then it might be able to be sold since the assets were created by Obsidian. Not sure though.

I don't really know how much I can say about all the behind-the-scenes stuff, but it's mostly the fact that every single change Aspyr would make for an official release has to be approved by LucasArts, and approval process takes time. It was easier to just get us to upload TSLRCM to Steam at the same time as game came out.

Does anyone know how the Steam Workshop handles issues that previously required TSLPatcher for installation? 2da/gff merges/edits... etc

Unfortunately, workshop can't merge files in any way, it always overwrites them. It won't let you upload few separate version of the same file either, so you can't even let people chose to use one file or the other depending on mods they have unless you upload them as a separate mod.

The Steam Workshop seems pointless. I feel it'd make everything easier to just upload mods with the TSLPatcher...

Unfortunately, workshop can't merge files in any way, it always overwrites them. It won't let you upload few separate version of the same file either, so you can't even let people chose to use one file or the other depending on mods they have unless you upload them as a separate mod.

Regardless, getting that Steam update should rekindle some life into the modding scene. I guess now would be a great time to get going on that one mod I was doing... if only life was so kind atm...

The Steam Workshop seems pointless. I feel it'd make everything easier to just upload mods with the TSLPatcher...

It's much easier to install TSLRCM using Steam workshop. We always overwrote all the files, anyway.

For all other mods, you're welcome to keep them here and not use Steam for their distribution - in fact I agree, that in many cases it may be better to keep TSLPatcher version.

You should probably update readme's to apply to the TSLRCM workshop (rather than the installed main game). For the rest, not much changed in that regard. And people can get an easy 'clean game' by simply removing the workshop folder. No more need to re-install the whole game!

Got to play around with it a little bit (super exciting!) No controller test yet, but here are some screenshots in 2880x1800 at full graphics:

EkVfayB.jpg

vfoy2E9.jpg

oTwQVAA.jpg

It's too bad I got a copy of KOTOR 2 from GoG too recently.  I don't want to get another copy on Steam just to have these new features. :(

It may be coming to GOG as well sometime soon... but we probably won't know more for next few weeks.

Guest R2-X2

Out of experience I can say that the workshop does not necessarily do every game (and website!) good. For example, the AoE 2 re-release workshop wasn't too useful to AoE modding but a haven of plagiarism instead. :/

I wish that they'd make some sort of modding hub for the KOTOr1 mobile version and a modding hub for the eventual kotor2 on mobile that would be awesome to mod the kotor games on the go!

I hate the Steam forums... I really really hate them. I wish I could simply just ignore them but that would be rather bad support on my part... *sigh*

But some morons really got my "are you seriously so dense?" modus going now.