Jorak Uln

Download:Saber Colors Overhaul animated - SWTOR Edition

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=543

File Name: Saber Colors Overhaul animated - SWTOR Edition

File Submitter: Jorak Uln

File Submitted: 20 May 2015

File Category: Skins

This small Overhaul covers the standard saber colors in the game. Unlike the other big LS Overhauls it focuses not on hilt textures but on the blades itself.

Ive retextured them in very closely to the SWTOR look and animated them with 64 pics. Ingame you dont realize the animation actively, but they feel very "fluid" indeed.

Compatibility: Should be compatible with the major LS overhauls. Since these focus mainly on the hilts, i recommend to install them first, then my mod and override if necessary.

Install: Unlike my other files no XnView needed, just drag & drop the into your Kotor\Override folder.

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

"Compatibility: Should be compatible with the major LS overhauls. Since these focus mainly on the hilts, i recommend to install them first, then my mod and override if necessary."

You mean the blades right?

I like this a lot! Bringing TOR content into KotOR is a good thing in my book!

• Like 1

When do you reckon a TSL version of this will be released?

Same question.

Same question.

well, im very busy atm, and there are many projects that i want to release, but are still unfinished yet - sorry for keeping you guys waiting...

hope you can be patient for a while.

- However about the K1 saber blades mod - i dont have access to my modded Kotor installations  right now, but if i remember correctly, isnt the name of the saber blades in K1 the same as in TSL?

In that case its compatible with TSL anyway.

well, im very busy atm, and there are many projects that i want to release, but are still unfinished yet - sorry for keeping you guys waiting...

hope you can be patient for a while.

- However about the K1 saber blades mod - i dont have access to my modded Kotor installations  right now, but if i remember correctly, isnt the name of the saber blades in K1 the same as in TSL?

In that case its compatible with TSL anyway.

Yeah but we're missing a few blade colours; and I hope you don't intend Cyan to be the same as Mantle fyi. 

Cyan was always the same as Mantle, changing this would make Mantle of the Force color unavailable for TSL.

Cyan was always the same as Mantle, changing this would make Mantle of the Force color unavailable for TSL.

My point being I don't think the colour attributed to Mantle in this modification suits the colour Cyan. 

My point being I don't think the colour attributed to Mantle in this modification suits the colour Cyan. 

Oh, I just checked and it really doesn't.

Ive modified a lot of saber blades (100+) for a TSL mod covering SLM 2.0 - though big part of them are done by now im not sure if it will be released ever - the limitations due to the engine in kotor/TSL are too great to have that much saber blades all in good quality - for instance its not possible to get those SWTOR black core ones looking well or those with colored cores...

To answer your question, i have already done a handful of SWTOR variants for color cyan - but i'd really wish we could use a saber blade model thats well rounded (also when looking at the tip) and not made of 8 planes.  

Why can't we use a new saber blade model may I ask?

as far as i understood it, it wont be possible to switch saber blades on-off when replaced by a real 3d model.

as for the reasons stated below, im totally in if someone has a solution to this, but:

you see, if you look closely to the vanilla blade, the thickness varies depending on the viewing angle while its messed up on the bottom, biggest downside is when looking directly at the tip when equipping a double-bladed one.

Further, when retexturing them, the core has always to be brighter than the rest, or the planes will be visible.

As far as I understood it, it won't be possible to switch saber blades on-off when replaced by a real 3D model.

as for the reasons stated below, I'm totally in if someone has a solution to this, but:

You see, if you look closely to the vanilla blade, the thickness varies depending on the viewing angle; while its messed up on the bottom the biggest downside is when looking directly at the tip when equipping a double-bladed one.

Further, when retexturing them, the core has always to be brighter than the rest, otherwise the planes will be visible.

What does: 

Mean? 

Also, you haven't stated why the models can't be replaced- only that they can't for some reason. 

& The reasons for why retexturing is messy. 

What does: 

Mean?

It stands for No Break SPace, in HTML (correct me if I'm wrong) you use this to display a space that will not cause the following word to be written in the next line if the text is too long, ie. it counts as part of the word.

Basically, the text editor must have made some error.

What does: 

Mean? 

Also, you haven't stated why the models can't be replaced- only that they can't for some reason. 

& The reasons for why retexturing is messy. 

as bead-v stated correctly, the   is just a texture error. Thanks for the explanation btw.

@LucytheAlien:

ive talked to Darth Parametric before about this, and it just doesnt seem to be possible. Live with that.

Further, im into retexturing and not 3D modeling, so if you want more detailed reasons, ask him or someone who is equally firm in this stuff. 

As i said, im open for any modeling solution, just status now that seems  unlikely.

And for you to understand the texturing issues  - the lightsabercore has to be brighter than the corona, thats why black core sabers will never work.

as bead-v stated correctly, the   is just a texture error. Thanks for the explanation btw.

@LucytheAlien:

ive talked to Darth Parametric before about this, and it just doesnt seem to be possible. Live with that.

Further, im into retexturing and not 3D modeling, so if you want more detailed reasons, ask him or someone who is equally firm in this stuff. 

As i said, im open for any modeling solution, just status now that seems  unlikely.

And for you to understand the texturing issues  - the lightsabercore has to be brighter than the corona, thats why black core sabers will never work.

I'd never be interested in any "Black Core Sabers" honestly. 

Thanks for the explanation. 

I'm looking forward to an update for this and a TSL version, may I suggest flickering blades too? Thanks. 

Why can't we use a new saber blade model may I ask?

Because our tools (MDLOps) doesn't allow us to do that kind of stuff. 

DP and DeadMan are correct. For one thing, there's a separate type of mesh/model component specifically for the saber blades themselves (which I would assume is what makes them flicker/have the trailing effect) and then there's the animation.

The blades themselves are made up of 4-8 planes (single and short vs double) and use a Scale animation. During the Power-on and flourish animations, the scale is set to 1, giving the planes their size. When the power-down animation is played, the scale is set to 0.

Other model components could also be scaled, but the main thing is that we don't know that particular piece of the model animation format. There's 8 pieces to any one segment of an animation and the last 3 pieces are unique to the animation type itself. We could possibly hard-code the values for a lightsaber-only compilation, but I'd need to see if that would actually make them work correctly.

DP and DeadMan are correct. For one thing, there's a separate type of mesh/model component specifically for the saber blades themselves (which I would assume is what makes them flicker/have the trailing effect) and then there's the animation.

The blades themselves are made up of 4-8 planes (single and short vs double) and use a Scale animation. During the Power-on and flourish animations, the scale is set to 1, giving the planes their size. When the power-down animation is played, the scale is set to 0.

Other model components could also be scaled, but the main thing is that we don't know that particular piece of the model animation format. There's 8 pieces to any one segment of an animation and the last 3 pieces are unique to the animation type itself. We could possibly hard-code the values for a lightsaber-only compilation, but I'd need to see if that would actually make them work correctly.

Worth investigation by the sounds of it.