VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

On Bao-Dur's Fate, you can add the deleted line " Make My sacrifice matter" when Bao talks to remote through the hologram. ( Chriss Avellone says himself that Bao-Dur dies when he helps HK-47 on Telos). So, if Exile is to acompany remote when it sets the shadow generator from the 4 shipwrecks, you can add a set of scripts to the exile after he/she sees the hologram to respond to bao-dur's sacrifice:

The Exile will be long gone by the time that sequence plays. The way it works now is perfectly fine.

And as for Atton, after he looses his fight to Sion, you can simply set him on the full dark side appearance to match the tortured and disfigured claim. ( Regardless to the Alignment )

No, he has a disfigured face that I specifically made for that confrontation.

I still say that line is about sacrificing Remote to destroy the MSG.

What's wrong with monosodium glutamate?

Guest Ddrenai

Just watched the video on youtube about this Ending mod. I think it's amazing, and i really hope it's going to be compatible with 1.8 update OR it's going to be included in the 1.8 update or future versions.

Guest Mablus25

VP I have a question are planing on extending more stuff like quests, items NPCs and a Bonus Storyline Quest for Malachor VI? Malachor V is a cool place to do questing, killing monsters, Sith and looting?

I personally hate controlling party members, mainly because I find them way to under-powered. The only good player-controlled scenes are the Prologue, Atton/Sion fight, T3 on Nar Shadda and the HK Factory, I also really hate choosing dialogue for your party members, some of the stuff you can say to your sister's as handmaiden on Telos with TSLRCM where simply out of place. I hope you do not do to much of that, especially controlling party members to kill other party members. I personally think that the only time you should control party members is when there is no other solution, like the Atton/Sion fight, where it does not conflict with Atton's personality as you do not choose his dialogue, and you are fighting for something with an ambiguous ending which cannot be with an influence check.

I also hope to god that you do not make the HK/G0T0 confrontation (not fight) player controlled. That would wreck the whole scene. It should simply be:

You bring HK-51s:

You destroy G0T0, and then, after the final Kreia fight, you send Remote an order to destroy the planet/save the planet.

You don't bring the HK-51s:

G0T0 takes control of HK-47, and then, after the final Kreia fight, you try to send Remote an order but it is just static and the planet survives.

I personally hate controlling party members, mainly because I find them way to under-powered. The only good player-controlled scenes are the Prologue, Atton/Sion fight, T3 on Nar Shadda and the HK Factory, I also really hate choosing dialogue for your party members, some of the stuff you can say to your sister's as handmaiden on Telos with TSLRCM where simply out of place. I hope you do not do to much of that, especially controlling party members to kill other party members. I personally think that the only time you should control party members is when there is no other solution, like the Atton/Sion fight, where it does not conflict with Atton's personality as you do not choose his dialogue, and you are fighting for something with an ambiguous ending which cannot be with an influence check.

I kind of understand what you are saying. For the player controlled sequences, we don't have sections where you have to choose a player response for someone who isn't the Exile. I agree that the Party members (at least for cutscenes lines) should be pretty autonomous.

I also hope to god that you do not make the HK/G0T0 confrontation (not fight) player controlled. That would wreck the whole scene. It should simply be:

You bring HK-51s:

You destroy G0T0, and then, after the final Kreia fight, you send Remote an order to destroy the planet/save the planet.

G0T0 takes control of HK-47, and then, after the final Kreia fight, you try to send Remote an order but it is just static and the planet survives.

The problem is that there is a specific line that where HK says "Assassination protocols activated", and then there are two outcomes to their confrontation: one where he destroys G0T0, and one where he gets mind-controlled by G0T0 - what better way to determine the outcome than to duke it out?

There are multiple ends to the scene though.

If HK is not in the party, the scene will just end where it normally does. We presume the remote never gets to destroy Malachor.

If HK doesn't shut down the Factory or if the quest is not completed, then the HK-50s show up, however unable to harm HK-47.

If the HK-51s are allied with HK-47, then they will show up on Malachor to confront G0T0. G0t0 will unsuccessfully try to command them to stop HK-47. That's how it's set up currently anyways.

The only thing that could indefinitely determine whether the conversation would go into the path of success or failure is a good ol' brawl.

It should honestly just be a cutscene. In the original scene, HK-47 kills G0T0 with 3 shots, or G0T0 takes control of HK-47. Those were effectively the only ending's no matter how showed up. I want the integrity of the scene preserved, I don't want it to become a minute long fight, I want a cutscene pre-determined by my actions in the HK-Factory. I don't want to change my decision at the last second, and have HK-47 and 2 HK-50s lose to G0T0, simply because I decided I wanted to do something different. TSL is alll about not being able to change your path, the whole point of the game is that there is no big plot twist.

You bring HK-51s:

I am sure some would not necessarily agree with that...

The problem with making the scene player controlled is that it was not a fight in the first place, HK destroys G0T0 in a second. Making a minute long fight would wreck the pacing, or be to short to have any reason for being there.

I also hope you explain how Mira get's into the valley, and how your party magically get's to Trayus before you

I also saw that you have The Exile and the Remote meeting, what will happen with that? I personally liked the old Remote scene (though it would be better if we actually see Bao-Dur die before Malachor) because it gave some closure to Bao-Dur's story by sending the Remote out alone to sacrifice himself (yes Remote is a person). However I think it would be cool if the Remote scene would play in sections, with the first part being getting to the first ship, second being second etc., starting when you enter the academy. Every time you enter a new area you play the next part of the Remote sequence, until you get the final scene when you enter the Trayus Core. Just my thoughts.

It should honestly just be a cutscene. In the original scene, HK-47 kills G0T0 with 3 shots, or G0T0 takes control of HK-47.

Dude, in the original scene, HK-47 never even showed up. Stoney and Zbyl reconstructed the scene with scattered dialog nodes that don't form an entirely cohesive conversation when read in the branches that they were built in. It works, but it's not really what I would have done with the scene.

I want a cutscene pre-determined by my actions in the HK-Factory. I don't want to change my decision at the last second, and have HK-47 and 2 HK-50s lose to G0T0, simply because I decided I wanted to do something different.

Then fight. I don't want Malachor's fate sealed just because HK-47 didn't shut down a totally unrelated droid factory. I'm at least giving him a chance to fight to change that fate. Maybe instead I should make it a "required to win fight"?

TSL is alll about not being able to change your path, the whole point of the game is that there is no big plot twist.

"It does not matter where we go - it is not the destination that matters, it is the journey" - Kreia.

True, there is no big plot twist, but this doesn't mean in any sense that I should carve out the whole ending of the game for people.

I also hope you explain how Mira get's into the valley, and how your party magically get's to Trayus before you

They left because they thought you were dead.... that's what we're going with.

I also saw that you have The Exile and the Remote meeting, what will happen with that? I personally liked the old Remote scene (though it would be better if we actually see Bao-Dur die before Malachor) because it gave some closure to Bao-Dur's story by sending the Remote out alone to sacrifice himself (yes Remote is a person).

Then you are one of the few. I'm sending the Remote with the Exile because

1 - People complained about having to replay the Malachor Surface... and this especially sucks when you run by the Storm Beasts the first time through - you leave them for the Level 1 remote to kill.

2 - In the Vanilla game, the Exile never even knows that the Remote is on a mission to reactivate the Mass Shadow Generator. Since in this mod, we WANT the Exile to choose the fate of Malachor, this is a required step that we must take. It's nothing complicated - the Exile just stumbles upon the Remote replaying the Bao-Dur message.

TSL RCM's point is to restore as much cut content as possible while making sense. VP and bead-v are basically trying to take a still fuzzy Malachor V (RCM's) into an ending that actually make sense without being limited to cut content.

• Like 1

Why don't you have the Remote's message play while you are on the Ebon Hawk after the crash?

And instead of playing as Remote, whenever you enter a new area, you could see a cutscene of Remote activating the different ships.

Also, I think that the Mira/Hanharr fight should be like the Atton/Sion fight. Mira wins, she survives, she loses, she dies. Yes I know we would not get the plan of attack scene, but currently if you are dark sided you don't get it anyway, so... just my idea. While I don't care for killing off my party members randomly (though I did ;)) I do think that their being real consequences for losing would make the fight much more meaningful. I like it for this fight because it should be a difficult battle (not like the HK/G0T0 fight) Hanharr is not going to be killed in a second, cough"G0T0"cough.

Why don't you have the Remote's message play while you are on the Ebon Hawk after the crash?

It's possible. We'll change it after we hear opinions on the beta.

And instead of playing as Remote, whenever you enter a new area, you could see a cutscene of Remote activating the different ships.

You really like things to be automated, don't you?

Also, I think that the Mira/Hanharr fight should be like the Atton/Sion fight. Mira wins, she survives, she loses, she dies. Yes I know we would not get the plan of attack scene, but currently if you are dark sided you don't get it anyway, so... just my idea.

That's something we had considered for all of the party members at some point, but it gets to the point where if too many are killed off, then we lose a lot of restorable content, especially the few lines your party has near the end of the game. Plus, the way we have the Party Attacks Kreia cutscene requires at least Mira or Hanharr in the party. If we were to kill off Mira, it kind of ruins the scene.

And yes, I know TSLRCM does it without the planning scene, but as a rule of thumb, don't assume we're going to do stuff like it is in TSLRCM.

...to be killed in a second, cough"G0T0"cough.

He won't be killed in a second, calm down.

VP and bead-v are basically trying to take a still fuzzy Malachor V (RCM's) into an ending that actually make sense without being limited to cut content.

Correct. It's not strictly all cut content, but in order to make the maximize the use of some of it, we have to fill in some of the blanks.

The problem with making the scene player controlled is that it was not a fight in the first place, HK destroys G0T0 in a second.

Wrong, in the first place there *was* no cutscene. What is in TSLRCM is their interpretation of it.

And the difference (except for the place) is..?

That's something we had considered for all of the party members at some point, but it gets to the point where if too many are killed off, then we lose a lot of restorable content, especially the few lines your party has near the end of the game. Plus, the way we have the Party Attacks Kreia cutscene requires at least Mira or Hanharr in the party. If we were to kill off Mira, it kind of ruins the scene.

And not just that, it makes anything that happens after that a lot more complicated, since the number of scenarios doubles, and in some cases we'd have to think of something completely new - and all such things are hard to pull off because there are no VO.

VP - No it does not mean you carving the ending, it means the player carving their fate throughout the game "You reap what you sow" And you yourself said that people don't like replaying the malachor surface, that fixes the replaying part.

Bead v - Have T3 speak the lines :thumbsup: and on another note what does T3 do in this mod? What exactly would we have to lose if Mira was... disposed of :X

As I have not triggered the influence cutscenes on malachor, I do not know if this already happens, however I do not think that the influence cut scenes should happen if the player is dark sided because that would make the attacking party member light sided, which would not make sense.

And yes, having things be automated is much more cinematic, as their is no point in being a party member unless: They have to free you (T3 peragus), they have their own mission which the PC cannot do and cannot be done with cutscenes (HK Factory), they have a choice to make (Handmaiden/Sisters) or They are going to live or die (Atton/Sion). My big problem with having the HK/G0T0 scene player controlled is that your screenshot shows five of the best assassin droids in the galaxy... against a math droid :blink:

Actually, gameplay developer notes show they did want the Bao/Remote scene on a destroyed Ebon Hawk.

I guess they didn't because the only damaged EH is 001EBO, and if you show the damage there, you also see Peragus.

While they could make a new module with proper backgrounds, we all know the game got rushed, so there probably were other priorities.

So you know...

Actually, gameplay developer notes show they did want the Bao/Remote scene on a destroyed Ebon Hawk.

I guess they didn't because the only damaged EH is 001EBO, and if you show the damage there, you also see Peragus.

While they could make a new module with proper backgrounds, we all know the game got rushed, so there probably were other priorities.

I do recall seeing this somewhere, but the issue of whether or not the place it occurs still remains. I guess we'll find out once we finish the first draft of it. Bead and I have already made the Damaged Ebon Hawk (with a Malachor window) - and created the part of that part of the mod but we'll be going back to it to refine certain events with the party members. One of them is explaining just how Mira ended up so far away from the Ebon Hawk, a notion that, come to think of it, we may end up doing away with entirely.... we shall see.

Have T3 speak the lines :thumbsup: and on another note what does T3 do in this mod? What exactly would we have to lose if Mira was... disposed of :X

T3 provides the exposition for when you wake up on the damaged ebon Hawk and everyone is gone. We assume that he's left behind to do repairs to the ship - how he miraculously fixes the whole thing is left up to the imagination - and aside from just killing the Ebon Hawk entirely, there is no other possible fix.

No it does not mean you carving the ending, it means the player carving their fate throughout the game "You reap what you sow" And you yourself said that people don't like replaying the malachor surface, that fixes the replaying part.

I agree with what you say about players carving their own fates and reaping what they sow, but I don't think that we should just stop giving choices for the player because it's too close to the end of the game. I agree that Malachor should be the haunting conclusion it was meant to be, but adding a bunch of cutscenes for what could be done just as easily manually isn't exactly adding immersion. Why not just have a short cutscene of the Exile walking the surface? It's boring anyways, and the only real boss you encounter there is the giant storm beast, so why not do that?

Look, I get what you're saying about HK/G0T0/Remote - yes, technically HK-47 and 5 HK-51s could take down G0t0 in a second. That's why there aren't 5 HK droids attacking G0t0 at once anymore (don't believe every screenshot you see). I'd rather the ending of the HK factory greatly augment the outcome on Malachor, not define it entirely. If it was the former, it's basically HK-47 deciding the end of the game, and nothing else matters.

But maybe we'll give G0t0 some droid goons to help him out on Malachor - remember now that G0T0 has the ability to scramble droids, and perhaps this ability is used on the HK-50s. I don't know, we'll see.

And I understand the need for cinematic touch - but remember, this is a game, not a movie.

One of them is explaining just how Mira ended up so far away from the Ebon Hawk, a notion that, come to think of it, we may end up doing away with entirely.... we shall see.

Does she? Seh's under the Ebon Hawk. Not exactly far away. The real question is; How did she survive that fall?

Right, she's just under the Hawk.

Yeah, HH, but apart from irrational things like giving her a parachute, can we even do anything to explain it? Actually, does it even need explaining? It's an imaginary world. Maybe she slided down one of the cliffs. We can't really show that.

Right, she's just under the Hawk.

Yeah, HH, but apart from irrational things like giving her a parachute, can we even do anything to explain it? Actually, does it even need explaining? It's an imaginary world. Maybe she slided down one of the cliffs. We can't really show that.

I'd bet that the Force protected her and willed her to live.

Crossed my mind too, but... it kind of feels insufficient.

Perhaps for some, but I seem to be of the minority opinion that it doesn't really need much explanation. Mira fell out of the Hawk, survived, wandered around Malachor, and ran into Hanharr. It doesn't work well in RCM as it is since the other companions are never really addressed...they just kind of show up in the Trayus Academy with Mira somehow. I think as long as the other companions are addressed, Mira waking up on the planet is good enough for me. /shrug