Sign in to follow this  
Boilpoint

KOTOR on Mobile

Saw this while I was browsing around the web.  Thought it seemed kinda interesting, everyone trying to cash in on the mobile gaming industry:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/12/23/biowares-classic-star-wars-rpg-hits-android-devices/

I did a brief look around and didn't see if this was already discussed or was old news.  If it was please feel free to delete and/or move this thread.

I've had the mobile version of Kotor for a couple of months now. The touch controls take a while to get used to, and your FPS can be a tad bit unstable depending on how powerful the device you're using is.

I really only got this to satisfy the inner Kotor fan within me, but maybe I can enjoy playing Kotor on the go now if I'm on a long trip. Always nice to be able to bring with me one of my favorite games with me wherever I want. :)

• Like 1

I'm pretty interested in the fact that this have Achievements! I wonder if we might get them for the steam version and the iPad version.

I have KOTOR on my iPhone and iPad, and it's extremely smooth and surprisingly works well. It's made me want to play through multiple times since I bought it. Though you can't use mods unless you jailbreak, you can still use KSE. It was fun to play through without any mods or cheats, which I hadn't done in years.

really hope they port TSL to Mac and iOS. 

Only if the controls are good - which it's sounding like they're not really.

They're not bad at all. Obviously they won't be as good as a mouse and keyboard, but for a touch screen, they are pretty good. 

They're not bad at all. Obviously they won't be as good as a mouse and keyboard, but for a touch screen, they are pretty good. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like KOTOR should be a great opportunity for an adaptation into touch screen graphics. Guess I could test it out and see what I think. Return if the controls are crappy.

That's pretty cool. I'm gonna grab it sometime, though I'm not looking forward to over 2GB download.

The description of the game says it has full controller support - something which the PC version doesn't. I look forward to eventually getting this and hooking it to my TV then and playing it like I did with my old Xbox all those years ago.  :D

• Like 2

The description of the game says it has full controller support - something which the PC version doesn't. I look forward to eventually getting this and hooking it to my TV then and playing it like I did with my old Xbox all those years ago.  :D

Oh man, that being the case (and if we can get mods in there) this could be a real great thing. It's too bad though it doesn't work on Ouya (not that I have one).

Although seems I could just hook up my tablet to the TV

Oh man, that being the case (and if we can get mods in there) this could be a real great thing. It's too bad though it doesn't work on Ouya (not that I have one).

Although seems I could just hook up my tablet to the TV

Well, mods aren't compatible with the iOS version without a jailbreak, but I imagine the Android version would support it fine.

Can we update this? I know lucasforum is just now back up, but I've held back on getting into full KOTOR mode til confirmation on Android mod support.

Has anyone made progress since the other thread went a bit dead a few days ago?