Default Hilt Replacement Megapack

DEFAULT HILTS REPLACEMENT MEGAPACK 6.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod will replace the default lightsaber hilt models in KotOR 2:The Sith Lords.

All color crystals use one model, a gold lightsaber is still included but is only obtainable in game with the .mod file in the Optional Gold Saber Game Placement Folder(Daraala's Store, Dantooine.) which should be placed in the MODULES folder. Otherwise you will need to cheat it in (u_l_colo_11, g_w_lghtsbr12, g_w_dblsbr012, and g_w_shortsbr12) - or use KSE.

Also, my new blade color textures have been made optional. Place those in the override folder, if you wish.

This version now syncs with TSLRCM 1.8.3 restored bronze saber files. TSLRCM 1.8.3 is however not required to use this mod.

Run the patcher.exe to install the main part of the mod.

-QDJ

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/19/2014
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

I'm probably going to check this out in my next game. However, I would like to know, is this going to be compatible with the final community saber mod? And also, it does replace the default hilts. How much of a mega pack is this? And if you checked my post in VP's alpha release, do your hilts have the same deflect bug?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. It replaces all of the default saber types (short, long, double) as well as replacing the blade textures and makes them animated blades. 

4. No, because these are not a new base item and only replace the default hilt models. There is an extra 'gold' saber included but uses the same base item and uti.

I would also like to mention here that my readme is not correct in that I said it dosen't overwrite files But it does in fact overwrite any default models and saber blade mods you might have in your override already. 

I did that just so if there was any thing not specific to this mod in your override already, everything would still be of one mod, mine.

Now, that being said, any default blade color textures from VP's mod are going to be overwritten(blue, red, green etc etc), not his unique color textures. (pink, chartreuse, azure etc etc)..

If you want to keep his basic blade textures, my mod will have his original blade textures in its backup folder so you can just re-replace them.

I'm already looking at my viridian blade and going to work on it for a fix. its a bit too thin looking.

Also my readme here will be edited to reflect what I just said.

Also, I'm not sure I saw any mention of this, but should we install the community saber mod first, or yours? And does the mod work as a stand alone mod too? Does it need VP's mod? Does it need TSL RCM 1.8.3?

:D Thanks Phil for all the questions, you the consumer, need to know, and what I forgot to address.

Ok, in order of asked...

It doesn't matter, all it does is replace the default game models, yes, no, and no.

Is there a way to only install the gold lightsaber? I have one of your previous lightsaber mods installed and do not want to change what I already have now. Thanks.

Go into tslpatchdata folder, copy these files to your override

w_shortsbr_11.mdl 

w_lghtsbr_12.mdl

w_dblsbr_011.mdl

w_shortsbr_11.mdx

w_lghtsbr_12.mdx

w_dblsbr_11.mdx

iw_shortsbr_011.tga

iw_lghtsbr_012.tga

iw_dblsbr_011.tga

g_w_lghtsbr12.uti

g_w_shortsbr12.uti

g_w_dblsbr012.uti

u_l_colo_11.uti

You may also need w_dblsbr_001.tga, w_shortsbr_001.tga and w_lghtsbr_001.tga AND the corresponding .txi files

Then if you want a place to get the gold crystal in game - put 605DAN.mod in your modules folder. (Make a back up first, like put OG605DAN on the original one).

Oh yeah also very important, make sure to go in optional blade textures folder and put the w_lsabregold01.tga amd txi in override folder.

And then also make a line for it in the upcrystals.2da , with the tags from the uti files.

Thanks for your time. It was kind of a pain because Windows wouldnt let me save changed to my .2da unless I pulled it out to my desktop which I didn't find out until my 4th or 5th try! (lol) Anyway I just wanted to express my thanks and appreciation for all the time and effort you have put into these mods. I really hated the default sabers and you've taken a game I've spent the better part of ten years playing - off and on - and added a lot of new life to it. Thanks again and be well.