Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Towards a perfect K2 - 001 - Kreia is hiding herself

Towards a perfect K2 - 001 - Kreia is hiding herself

Oh my God! What did you do?

Peragus - Cut scene with Kreia in the morgue of Peragus.

You have removed the two times where Kreia hide her face!

This is the most important action of Kreia in all K2 and this gesture marks the beginning of the mystery of this character and this determines the global manner in which this game will go on ? with mysteries and secrets and hidden revelations and avowals hard to obtain.

This is one of the reason why of K2. This is it?s signature.

She just decide to turn from Arren Kae/Darth Traya to Kreia, in real time, exactly now, just before talking for the first time to the Exile and she hide her previous life in order not to be recognised.

The Exile might have know her by the past. We will never see her face and none character in the game will see her face.

The Disciple, younger than the Exile and who had been teached by the Exile in the Enclave, will recognise Arren Kae (?{Quietly, beat at the last sentence}I know you - not even the markings of the dark side can hide it. Why have you done this??). Thus we can be certain the Exile has met Arren Kae by the past. She must hide and that?s what she does.

More : She will say that she must stay hidden : ?{Cryptic}Even now, she is difficult to see. She must remain hidden for now until the time is right - if not, then all our efforts will be for nothing.? And the right time will be the Council.

You have done worst : a camera, near the floor, try to show her face !

The remove of those two scenes is a dramatic mistake in the spirit of K2 and the SW EU.

Thank you to quickly restore these two scenes.

Obsidian did not do this lightly and I damn that some who have understood nothing of Kotor 2, find the scene too long.

kreia_02.gif

kreia_03.gif

TTLan

Kotor 2 -TSLRCM - What is restored

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/tslrcm_qu_est_ce_qui_est_restaure.html

Kotor 2 - I have not understand anything at Kotor 2

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/histoire_recente_j_ai_rien_compris_a_kotor_2.html

Kotor 2 - Recent history: the 25 years before Kotor 2

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/histoire_recente_les_25_dernieres_annees.html

Kotor 2 - Recent history: what happened during the 3 ? days before Kotor 2

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/histoire_recente_zoom_sur_la_derniere_semaine.html

Kotor 2 - Solution and spirit of Kotor 2 - about 400 pages

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/solution_kotor_2.html#go

Kotor 2 - Character of Kotor 2 - Arren Kae

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/personnage_arren_kae.html

Edited by ttlan
Close the thread

What? That scene is still there. I just checked and made sure. You get the plasma torch from the corpse, then Kreia reaches to her hood, gets up, pulls the hood on. Just like in the unmodded game.

Unless it's problem with the French version.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Peragus changes shouldn't even be in the French version IIRC.

Not sure what made you think that, but Peragus changes are included in all language versions. Well, except for typos fixes, obviously.

Hi,

These scenes do not exist anymore. Kreia is standing immediately with a new camera watching from below.

I was so disgusted to see that so important very begining of the game changed that I started the game more than 20 times!

I can't believe it!

What allows anyone to touch the material of Obsidian? It is to restore deleted scenes but not to massacre the fabulous work, full of subtleties, from Obsidian.

Has there been a discussion about this?

Who took the initiative?

What does that means: the U.S. version and other versions that are not synchronous. What Hassat is thinking about ?

We can modify some errors in the work of Obsidian but not interfere with the spirit of Kotor!

TTLan

Calm down?

This is most likely a bug in your installation, not something in TLSRCM. I have the mod and I do not have your problem. Do you have other mods installed? Or are you sure you installed TSLRCM correctly?

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Not sure what made you think that, but Peragus changes are included in all language versions. Well, except for typos fixes, obviously.

Hmmm... so how exactly is Peragus modified for the french version. .mod files?

Hello,

Well, what did I do ? I simply used the usual installation of TSLRCM, automated by its own installer.

I installed the French version 1.7 over the French version 1.6. No further action.

K2 with TSLRCM 1.6 was already installed and fully functional.

There had never been any mod installed except WhereAmI ArmBand (not use nor introduce in the inventory during this tests).

I begun a new game from the character creation.

Before leaving the EH, the boolean 101PER_KREIA_STUNT is set to 0 and to 1 after the invisible Kreia get up animation.

In 101PER_dlg101kreia.dlg, the "Start get up animation" is set to a_cut_kreia script with a delay at 9.

divers_deadlystream_003.gif

I think this is this animation that is not played if it still exist.

I have verified this in various cases including doing or not doing the prologue, with and without help windows in the feedback options...

The animation, if it still exist unmodified, is skipped.

Since the time that I work on the dialog options, I wonder what is the code or the tool to access the hidden tests and debug options that we can see in some dialogs. Answer in a private message.

Perhaps, depending on your investigation, I'll completely reinstall K2 from scratch.

Oh!... Something you have to know : I use a UK version of K2 with French dialog.tlk, French .wav and French .lips

We are numerous to do that because we are no more able to find native French K2. I do not know if this has an incidence during the installation of TSLRCM but it has no incidence and never had any incidence during the running of K2 as it only concern passive localised external data and, at no time, the kernel or scripts.

TTLan

Hmmm... so how exactly is Peragus modified for the french version. .mod files?

What?

Changes are exactly the same; obviously, French players won't notice any fixed typos but other than that, all bug fixes are included.

Hi,

I've done a complete reinstall of K2 from scratch and now the scenes are there.

I don't understand what hapened but Markus Ramikin is right : always make a clean install.

Well, you understand that I am a little touchy with K2.

I continue the walkthrough but it's slow because I check the translation of nearly every line in dialog.tlk file, line by line and in context and in the global spirit of K2.

TTLan

Edited by ttlan
Typo

Changes are exactly the same; obviously, French players won't notice any fixed typos but other than that, all bug fixes are included.

Then I have no idea why it isn't working for the French...

EDIT: Nvm, didn't see a page 2 here...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

Guest DH-010

Yeah, the camera thing was an Ulic's Peragus Mod change, I believe it even says so in it's description (don't know for sure though).

I've started a new game from scratch (on a completely new machine, multicore / Windows 7).

No bug noted at this level.

Oh... and it runs well under 7.

TTLan