gudal84

Request: Restore the Hssiss glitch to Korriban

Hi

I have posted this same question as a message to VarsityPuppet, so if he answers I will update this topic. I have read thread after thread and not found an answer.

I think the TSLRCM is a necessary mod, but there are some things I don't want fixed. I want to max out everything I can, so I need either a) a game with grinding possibilities or B) some "infinite xyz" glitches, in order to want to play a game. So...

Is there a way to restore:

1) Handmaiden Robe Glitch

2) Infinite Hssiss spawn Glitch

I have found one solution for 1) (removing handmaiden.dlg from Override folder), but I don't know what else I miss then.

Are there any such glitch-restorers?

Anyone know which file to delete to restore infinite Hssiss spawn?

Thanks in advance!

Guys they're glitches not features.  It's kinda like how some people in the Sonic community sees the spike bug as a feature instead of a bug.  I really don't understand it personally.

You're dead to me...

Your words wound me!

Seriously though, the only reason why I like the glitch is because I sat there for about 3-5 hours spawning Hssiss on the xbox to get to level 50... Several times I thought my xbox was gonna explode or crash due to the lag of spawning 100 Hssiss at once, and then spamming Force Lightning and occasionally Force Drain...

Guys they're glitches not features.  It's kinda like how some people in the Sonic community sees the spike bug as a feature instead of a bug.  I really don't understand it personally.

Reminds me of Ttlan and the "Daraala bug is a feature"...

Wow, lots of responses suddenly, but yet no solution. 

To the defense of those of us who want the glitches:

After having played the game throught several times without cheating, in all subsequent playthroughs I want to be able to use all that equipemnt I never was able to, test more force powers, etc.

I agree to the fact that a better solution could be found, but face it. Some of us RPG'ers are grinders. There is no such possibility in an unglitching KotOR 2. I need to grind I want to grind. That's the point of playing RPG's, in my opnion. I know I don't share that with the entire community, but more than a fair share agree, I think. 

I have had to uninstall TSLRCM for the time being. I tried decompiling the scripts that came with TSLRCM to try to find out which one it was, but no luck. The ones that looked most promising weren't decompilable (decompile failed)

I mirror this;

If you want to cheat, just use KSE.

Should allow you to do all you want, without breaking a ton in the progress of doing so.

I mirror this;

Should allow you to do all you want, without breaking a ton in the progress of doing so.

Well, I wouldn't say having the Hssiss glitch and the handmaiden robe glitch is "breaking a ton". Anyways. To me, right now, it is playing the game with the glitches or not playing at all. Can't bother to play another round where I can't "powergame".

Still. It's boring not having the opportunity (yet not necessity) to grind. The biggest glitch in this game is that you cannot grind. I hate having to choose if I want to wear implants (pick con) or level up T3 (need som int) while still being a guardian.

I have had to uninstall TSLRCM for the time being. 

Wow, you surprise me.  I'd take TSLRCM over vanilla TSL any day of the week, TSLRCM just makes so much more sense and is a lot more fun to play.  Not saying vanilla TSL is a bad game (it's not but, it's unfinished) but, TSLRCM is basically what it should have been.

It seems fairly obvious that the TSLRCM team have no interest in changing this back to the original glitchy way.  That doesn't mean you're out of luck.  I've asked the guy that has made tweaks to TSLRCM before if he might be interested.

As for the Handmaiden Robe glitch . . . could someone enlighten me as to what that is?

This is completely silly, just use the console to add experience or give handmaiden robes. It's incredible what people will bitch about. "ohh wah wah I can't spend more time doing something repetitive to gain that could be done in less than a second".

This is completely silly, just use the console to add experience or give handmaiden robes. It's incredible what people will bitch about. "ohh wah wah I can't spend more time doing something repetitive gain that could be done in less than a second".

I was leaning towards "symptomatic of OCD" myself.

This is completely silly, just use the console to add experience or give handmaiden robes. It's incredible what people will bitch about. "ohh wah wah I can't spend more time doing something repetitive to gain that could be done in less than a second".

Well, it seems less like cheating. I don't expect them to remove it, no. It is a glitch, after all. But they could be kind enough to mention which file that alters it.

It seems fairly obvious that the TSLRCM team have no interest in changing this back to the original glitchy way.  That doesn't mean you're out of luck.  I've asked the guy that has made tweaks to TSLRCM before if he might be interested.

As for the Handmaiden Robe glitch . . . could someone enlighten me as to what that is?

Thanks. Who is that guy?

Handmaiden robe glitch is that you can, on the ebon hawk at least, take off handmaiden's clothes, then ask har to put some clothes on, and she will put on a robe. Then you can take it off again, and continue eternaly. Solves all money problems. The robe sells for 2200, and 3000 to some guy on Dantooine if you do some mission I don't remember for him. 

But it might be another mod that fixes that particular issue. I had the handmaiden fix file in my current override folder, wich is without TSLRCM.

Thanks. Who is that guy?

If he answers about the project, you'll know. ;)

If he doesn't, there's no need to have him pointed out.

Edit: The person I asked if he had any interest in this has replied in the negative.

There is no "one file" to undo fixes or add fixes. Usually it's a sum of several files, and sometimes single files contain a large host of fixes (the team's .dlg's for example).

Just yanking out a file *will* lead to issues; which was the 'breaking a ton' was about. (If you simply remove handmaiden.dlg, you're going to give yourself troubles.)

Pretty sure turtle tapping in the original Super Mario Brothers was not intended by the devs, but that eventually became something of a fun secret or easter egg about the game.  Something akin to the Konami code for that game.  I can imagine how people would react if you said you were going to 'fix' it for them.

Also, lol @ people comparing an infinite spawn bug to using cheats.  Sure it's not intended, but he wants to 'earn' his xp, not just hit some keys and have it added.  Although I don't share the desire to remove this fix from TSLRCM, I can understand his position.

Unless someone wants to do make this into a mod, this discussion shouldn't continue. It's flame-bait at this point.

Announce a WIP if someone is truly interested in making this.

Discussion locked.