VarsityPuppet

Random CSCI Adventures with VP

Heh, if you are that close, may I ask you a quick question about-it?

Do we need to start a new game to get the mod to work?

Are there some big mods that you forsee will be problematic?

Heh, if you are that close, may I ask you a quick question about-it?

Do we need to start a new game to get the mod to work?

Nope

Are there some big mods that you forsee will be problematic?

Not any I can think of. You may run into issues with other Saber Mods, I guess, but only if you install it incorrectly, which, should be pretty hard to do.

What is the bulk of the mod? Other than models and tga's, I assume there will be utc's or something like that, but are there any 2da's affected? dialog.tlk?

Uti files for all the sabers and of course the corresponding 2da files will be edited.

A DLG file to access the console and a script that carries out the commands.

Turns out however, I've made a somewhat fatal mistake in my GFF Reading/Writing as while they will load perfectly fine in KGFF, they don't load at all in TSL. Not sure why, I'm assuming it has to do with the order in which the byte code is compiled because there is literally no difference between the byte code when it's compiled with KGFF or my own GFF implementation other than some bytes are in a different place.

Already had to fix a stupid mdl/mdx mistake. Let's hope this is just as easy.

Well, fixed that bug. Turns out I was writing an incorrect value for CEXOLOCSTRING variables. That cleared up pretty much everything.

Actually, I'm not certain, I haven't checked the dlg file generated from my installer.

At any rate, it looks like I need to change the way I build the dlg file because as is, only 30 replies can be displayed on screen at one time.

I could go crazy and make all sorts of categories to organize the sabers, but I'd still need to support lists over 30 (I want this to be relatively self-sufficient).

Still have a bit more refining to do, but it actually works and installs the mod!

Well, fixed that bug. Turns out I was writing an incorrect value for CEXOLOCSTRING variables. That cleared up pretty much everything.

Actually, I'm not certain, I haven't checked the dlg file generated from my installer.

At any rate, it looks like I need to change the way I build the dlg file because as is, only 30 replies can be displayed on screen at one time.

I could go crazy and make all sorts of categories to organize the sabers, but I'd still need to support lists over 30 (I want this to be relatively self-sufficient).

Still have a bit more refining to do, but it actually works and installs the mod!

:D Awesome, man!

...So, you thinking of releasing the source for Duplisaber?:)

:D Awesome, man!

...So, you thinking of releasing the source for Duplisaber? :D

My terrible code? Maybe the file parsing stuff. No point to any of the installer stuff.

Finally, I got my Perl installation working. It seems that the Tk::Tree actually was included in the Tk package I got from CPAN. Unless removing all the related stuff I found and reinstalling the Tk magically fixed the perfectly outdated Tk::Tree that I had installed separately, but that doesn't sound likely. Still, I don't understand where it came from - there's no Tree.pm in the whole package folder that I can see.

Anyway, time to learn Python now.

This is what I've been up to instead of working on Duplisaber.

Not that I have any choice about it. This is for school.

It's our semester project (3-person team) that we've been developing using Agile.

It's a top-down, Legend of Zelda meets Minecraft prototype. It works alright. Needs some work.

We haven't been using any existing framework to make this.

All JPanel and paint(Graphics g) calls.

We are detecting our own collision. Very basic

I just finished adding timed sequences, thus making NPCs that can walk on pre-determined paths.