Markus Ramikin

Mod Compatibility with TSLRCM 1.7 (Discussion)

Guest Revan39

Thanks for the info, staticjoe66 !

Guest staticjoe66

You're very welcome--COS is a fun little mod and you get some good swag out of it too

Thanks for the info, staticjoe66 !

Guest S4crifice

Is the compatibility thread going to be updated with the several mods that have been uploaded here(at deadlystream) recently?

Hello, I am wondering if the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod is compatible with the RCM 1.6a. I know the compatibility thread says it works with 1.7 but I have the older 1.6a, will it still work? It sounds like a cool new area but I don't want to screw something up by installing it.

Hello, I am wondering if the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod is compatible with the RCM 1.6a. I know the compatibility thread says it works with 1.7 but I have the older 1.6a, will it still work? It sounds like a cool new area but I don't want to screw something up by installing it.

This thread is for TSLRCM 1.7 only. (Note the thread title.) I suggest you PM Zbyl, Stoney, or one of the beta testers for further information on 1.6.

And I suggest you get 1.7 or finish your game fast to be able to grab 1.8 first thing when it comes out.

And I suggest you get 1.7 or finish your game fast to be able to grab 1.8 first thing when it comes out.

I started with 1.6a a while back but as amazing a game as TSL is, real life got in the way and I stopped playing for months... I have read that it may be very problematic if I update to 1.7 and continue a file started in an earlier version so I would rather not risk that and am staying with 1.6 until I finish this playthrough which is actually my first.

Even now, I don't actually play games that much, and when I do I tend to progress quite slowly in my games. It's been about 6 months since I started this playthrough and I am 40 hours in and still have a lot to go...

I would like to make a statement. If I am not mistaken there is a clash between 2 mods that are linked with TSL RCM 1.7. The first one is "TSLRCM 1.7 Unofficial Fix" by our very own Hassat Hunter. The second is Newbiemodder's latest jowel: Korriban Expansion. I tought you'd like to know.

Guest staticjoe66

Yes--both the Jedi Temple and the expansion are compatible with 1.6a, at least they were in my games

I would like to make a statement. If I am not mistaken there is a clash between 2 mods that are linked with TSL RCM 1.7. The first one is "TSLRCM 1.7 Unofficial Fix" by our very own Hassat Hunter. The second is Newbiemodder's latest jowel: Korriban Expansion. I tought you'd like to know.

I'm sure HH has already seen this but I emailed the info to Newbiemodder. Hopefully - between the two of them - there will be a suitable solution to the issue.

I'm sure HH has already seen this but I emailed the info to Newbiemodder. Hopefully - between the two of them - there will be a suitable solution to the issue.

I was speaking about that to Newbiemodder while searching what wasn't working, but 2 peaple asking about-it can't hurt.

Can't say why they won't work together. Unless the patcher has an issue with the global.jrl. But then the same should be true for regular TSLRCM.

I'll send you my global.jrl for you to try to assess something then, that is if you have the time...

Before he modified-it: http://www.2shared.com/file/sG8poTrt/global.html

The one modified that still does not work (probably issues with dialog.tlk, says he): http://www.2shared.com/file/I055Hmmi/global.html

There's the install log for his mod.

http://www.2shared.com/document/CUPsPyck/installlog.html

Hello,

Does the Movie Style Dark Side Transitions reskin by Shem work?

Thanks

I don't use it myself, but there's no reason it shouldn't be compatible since it's just a set of reskins.

Before he modified-it: http://www.2shared.com/file/sG8poTrt/global.html

The one modified that still does not work (probably issues with dialog.tlk, says he): http://www.2shared.com/file/I055Hmmi/global.html

Are you SURE you didn't switch the files around?

Since neither have the fixes of the 1.7 unoffical patch, but the "modified" file has erased about a dozen or more of the entries of this Korriban mod. So if a blank journal is your issue definitely revert to the unmodified file (if you didn't switched them that is), though you won't have my fix for the Dantooine Quest (best keep the original 1.7 DAN.mod files than too, just using the 003EBO and globalcat.2da).

Was empty journal entries the clash?

Well, I did not switch anything I think. Let me tell you what I did: installed TSL, patched to 1.0b, installed TSL RCM 1.7, installed your unofficial fix, installed Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion mod, installed Qui Don Jorn's Hotor 1.4, patched-it to 1.5 with his patch 1.5. The only time I switched anything is when I sent the aforementionned file (global.jrl) to the version Newbiemodder's modified for me to be able to see the objectives (which did not work...). Anyway, these are the 3 mods (yours, NM's, Qui Don's) I have that modifies global.jrl, the only ones. So there has to be some kind of uncompatibilities between them...

Yup, empty journal is a clash, but I also think NM's expansion mod is bugged for me and I got blocked in the mod, without being able to keep pressing on. Been trying to progress ever since, but couldn't. I think there ought to be a way to get your fixes to work with both of these great mods, but I can't figure-it out by myself and it seems Newbiemodder couldn't too. If you could gather together what modifications you did, maybe a compatible global.jrl could be realeased in order to work with all these mods? Or am I the only one that uses these 3 mods with problems?

On KOTORfiles they pretty much all agree it's HOTOR, not my fix.

Which, seeing the files involved, I am inclined to agree.

On KOTORfiles they pretty much all agree it's HOTOR, not my fix.

Which, seeing the files involved, I am inclined to agree.

Uh? Could you point me in the right direction? Or is it the discussion at lucasfiles? By the way, the conflict between these 2 mods (at lucasfiles that is) has been resolved with a patch that did not involve global.jrl...

Yup, but I believe this is not related with the global.jrl issue.

Yes--both the Jedi Temple and the expansion are compatible with 1.6a, at least they were in my games

Thank you, finally an answer. Well then, I will try it soon.

Oddly enough I was looking through the list of incompatible mods and noticed the Lonna Vash one. Its odd you says its incompatible since I have both tslrcm 1.7 and the Lonna Vash mod installed and i've encountered no issues.

Oddly enough I was looking through the list of incompatible mods and noticed the Lonna Vash one. Its odd you says its incompatible since I have both tslrcm 1.7 and the Lonna Vash mod installed and i've encountered no issues.

Yet...