Sign in to follow this  
Tricky

The Old Republic

Guest nerdenstein

Have they confirmed it will be on a monthly-pay basis?

I'm guessing, considering the genre, that it is/will be.

If so, Any guesses as to how much?

I've never bought or played an MMO before but The Old Republic has caught my eye from the Gameplay trailers ect.

I also want to carry the story on from where TSL left off so I'm hoping it does bring in elements from the previous games.

The only bits I've noticed in terms of story are, the inclusion of Bastilas Great-Great(-Great?) Grand Daughter; Satele Shan.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Satele_Shan

And one gameplay trailer, speaks of Revans advantures and Revans Mask is featured. Also, HK-47 makes a surprise appearance.

Also, HK-47 makes a surprise appearance.

I've been a bit out of touch with all things SW for few months (k2 exempt), didn't know about that little tidbit. Thanks for the intel.

Guest darthkrull

I'm going to try it. I've never played an MMO. I never played an RPG till KOTOR came out. So may as well keep the firsts going with a Star Wars game :D

Guest stgerlachus

Personally I can't wait till it comes out. Not only does it seem that Revan will feature at least moderately having loved KotoR and having been a Hardcore WoW player who's pretty much sick of the blizz formula something tells me I will be quite addicted to this when it comes out and considering I'll easily play 15+ hours a week which will come to what 25 cents an hour if it's 15 bucks/euro a month which is a fraction of what you pay for most games.

Guest ReggeBrother

I can't wait to play the old republic and it will be my very firs mmo i will play maybe for many month's. A at least i hope star wars can do what star trek failed. Which is get me to play an mmo.

Single player games are not that paying whereas MMO RPG's have a monthly income. That would answer why TOR instead of K3.

Guest AnUndesirable

It'll definitely be getting some moolah out of me. I'm a sucker for anything KotOR (or I guess just OR now). Doubly so for Bioware. Loose ends bug the hell out of me and I'm hoping this might tie up a few. Not getting my hopes up for much in that area, though. ;)

So far, I'm mildly excited at the prospects of the game, but like many, I too wish there was a KOTOR III in the works. A buddy of mine is playing the beta (I'm still waiting to see if I ever get accepted... oh well.) and from what I have seen, it has a lot of interesting features that make it a little different from typical MMOs, especially in the realm of combat and the PvP battles. The design/art direction seems to bee a love it or hate it proposition for most fans, but the gameplay appears to be pretty solid.

I just don't know if I want to shell out the bucks for a game that you can probably max level at in a few days to a few weeks, and then have to wait for new content, quests, etc. once you've maxed and explored a lot. I hope the delays mean that they will be adding a lot of new content before they launch, not just iron out kinks. I guess I'll give it a shot, since it looks better than many other MMOs out there from what I have seen.

Yes, there is a monthly fee, and rightfully so. You aren't paying to play the game, you are paying to help maintain the server. The servers that MMO companies supply are beyond expensive, and require an income to support.

On another note, it's difficult to read through all the negativity some of the members here have over TOR. I suppose that creates quite the split between KotOR gamers. Those who aren't interested seem to have very strong opinions about it, while those interested are ready to trample baby bunnies over to get their hands on a copy.

I for one, am more than interested. I love role playing, I love MMO's, I love Star Wars, and I love KotOR. Playing an MMO based on KotOR is a no brainer.

I for one can't wait for TOR.

I'm currently playing another MMO, but if the game proves to be really good (I have faith in Bioware) then I'd be willing to give up my current MMO for SW:TOR

Guest Matt Maxie

I think that this MMO is going to be an almost un-reedemable fail. I think it will be a failed attempt by LucasArts to hold onto what little of their fans are left after cancelling the third part of the KotOR series. How could you create something so great and stop mid-way in? I mean even with all of the content left out and bugs in the game KOTOR 2 was great. I can't wait until this MMO goes all Runescape. Barely played and almost completely forgotten.

Guest Kerk

Damn it! I just found out that both Revan and HK-47 are going to be raid bosses in TOR. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the video...Just like Arthes and Illidan had pathetic deaths from hands of unknown nerds, Revan is humiliated tremendously.. :mad:

http://www.alterswtor.com/archives/2027#more-2027

Well, that looked horrible.

Not just HK and Revan as bosses, but the entire gameplay.

Best was the music (they used so much KOTOR2 music... :/). That says something.

Gotta give this game a pass unless it becomes completely free.

• Like 1

Guest SiZo

Damn it! I just found out that both Revan and HK-47 are going to be raid bosses in TOR. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the video...Just like Arthes and Illidan had pathetic deaths from hands of unknown nerds, Revan is humiliated tremendously.. :mad:

http://www.alterswtor.com/archives/2027#more-2027

Well, it tells everything about the game. Wouldn't it really have been worth the effort to make a KOTOR3 rather than to release a crap like this? (it's just a poetic question) Killing HK-47? How could they even consider it? Or Revan. LAWL. At least I know a game I'm not going to play at all.

Guest S4crifice

I watched the videos and i have to say i am disappointed. Revan can not, should not, be able to be defeated that easily. He and The Exile are like the epitomy of overpowered. What kind of blasphemy is this? Unless there is some plot twist and that was not Revan or something, i am going to pass this game. And having every noob kill him cannot be considered canon.