Atton Rand

How the Disney takeover affects KOTOR

I think the Disney takeover will affect the Star Wars games in a negative way. The Star Wars 1313 which I was so eagerly waiting for will NOT be released in 2013. Gaming is most probably Disney's last priority so any hopes of a KOTOR 3 game in the future are gone. I hope they don't ruin the movie series... Your thoughts?

Lucas has the last call on everything that's made (at least that's what I heard) so I would't worry too much about it.

I heard the opposite - Lucas will stay as a "creative consultant" with no real power. Anyway, I think Disney will ruin gaming and the films will conflict with canon so much that no one can make sense of it except casual fans.

Noboby can know for sure what will happen but I believe that they'll follow canon since I'm pretty sure that if they decide to rewrite stuff they'll just get an action movie with lightsabers and will lose a whole lot of money.

Noboby can know for sure what will happen but I believe that they'll follow canon since I'm pretty sure that if they decide to rewrite stuff they'll just get an action movie with lightsabers and will lose a whole lot of money.

What do you mean by follow canon? Yeah, they'll follow the canon of the first 6 movies, but in no way does that mean they will (or should) follow EU canon. I hope to god that they don't. For the most part, it's terrible.

EU canon is fairly more entertaining than the film-canon.

Plus side being that you can pick and choose which parts you want to read.

I could read about Mando'a history but ignore the plight of the Gungans

What do you mean by follow canon? Yeah, they'll follow the canon of the first 6 movies, but in no way does that mean they will (or should) follow EU canon. I hope to god that they don't. For the most part, it's terrible.

Are you kidding me?!? For the most part, the EU is awesome! Have you heard about Darth Bane? Or the book Outbound Flight? Or the Republic Commando game and novels? Or the Thrawn trilogy? Or the Legacy comic series? Because they are all great and are all part of the EU. Not to mention that both KotOR and all Jedi Knight games are part of it too. It looks like the next movie is going to be for something after Episode 6 so I hope they take in consideration all the comics, books and games set in that timeframe.

Are you kidding me?!? For the most part, the EU is awesome! Have you heard about Darth Bane? Or the book Outbound Flight? Or the Republic Commando game and novels? Or the Thrawn trilogy? Or the Legacy comic series? Because they are all great and are all part of the EU. Not to mention that both KotOR and all Jedi Knight games are part of it too. It looks like the next movie is going to be for something after Episode 6 so I hope they take in consideration all the comics, books and games set in that timeframe.

Well, you do know the original cast for Leia, Han, and Luke all reprise their roles in ep 7, don't you? Saw it on the news.

I am honestly surprised with Harrison Ford; he had wanted to kill Han off when he got frozen in carbonite in ep 5...

I'm talking about post ROTJ EU, the EU relevant to the time period the movies are set in? Of that canon, the only decent is the Thrawn Trilogy and the JK series (and only parts of it). Emperor being cloned, Luuke, Luke getting married, etc is trash. It's highly doubtful they'll follow any of it, nor should they. It wasn't written by them, most of it is subpar, and even from the beginning of the EU Lucas has repeatedly stated that he considers the movies in a different canonical universe (like Star Trek) anyway. Look how much they've overwritten with the Clone Wars TV show. There's no valid reason for them to adhere to the EU, it wouldn't make sense to. It'd be too restricting to the already 5 films being planned.

It's obvious you won't back down and neither will I so this argument is pointless. Post ROTJ EU is great for me and the Clone Wars is crap with a few exceptions when the clones are the main protagonists. I can say a lot of things in defense of the EU but as I said, it's pointless.