ZM90

12/21/12 How Will You Celebrate "The End of the World"?

I will be celebrating/laughing at it by re-playing Majora's Mask and then when I wake up and it's 12/22/12 I will say "Dawn of a New Day". You guys?

Luckily, I'm not working that day or night. I'll find a good party, hopefully!

If the world ends . . . well . . . at least I played the M4-78 EP beta!

• Like 1

I'll celebrate by not dying, and the following day I'll celebrate (as named by Professor Brian Cox) International Smack a Pseudoscientific Hippie in the Head with a Textbook day.

• Like 1

The world ended when the internet first started.

The world ended when UNIVAC was made

Then world ended when a company called Atari started selling home console systems.

The world ended when Mr. Ford created his horseless carriage

The world ended when Bell put up telephone lines.

The world ended when televsion sets were created

The world ended when radios were invented

The world ended when Orville and Wilbur Wright at Kittyhawk made their plane

And so on and so on.

What new invention will be made on the 21st that will change the world?

Everytime an invention is made that has a major impact, the world ends and a new one begins.

• Like 1

The world ended when the internet first started.

The world ended when UNIVAC was made

Then world ended when a company called Atari started selling home console systems.

The world ended when Mr. Ford created his horseless carriage

The world ended when Bell put up telephone lines.

The world ended when televsion sets were created

The world ended when radios were invented

The world ended when Orville and Wilbur Wright at Kittyhawk made their plane

And so on and so on.

What new invention will be made on the 21st that will change the world?

Everytime an invention is made that has a major impact, the world ends and a new one begins.

An interesting theory when you think about it....

If the world indeed ends, I'll celebrate with a glass of red wine for all this bullshit we call "human civilization" was finally over. If not, I'll thank whoever is out there for giving us more time to somehow fix it all, and still drink a glass of wine.

An interesting theory when you think about it....

Thanks. I don't know if anyone else thinks like that, but that is my theory about world ending events.

I'm going to do what I normally do: enjoy my time with my wife. Afterwards, I'll go around hunting pseudo-seers with a chicken leg so I can knock some sense into them. The sky isn't falling, you still have to pay your taxes.

We have quite a few years until we run into a Terminator/Skynet scenario, so I'm not worried.

Night of the First Day here

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Indeed. :D

Do you think the Reapers will attack Earth on Friday?

Nah, more likely the moon will grow a face, crash into the Earth and CONSUME CONSUME EVERYTHING!

When we wake up on 12/22/12 all of those who wanted the end of the world are going to blame me since I look most like Link out of anyone I know.

In fact here is a demonstration of what it would look like if the world ended Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZT0ewjOpN4

I'm reading the book "Alchemy of Nine Dimensions" which is relevant and fascinating, and probably playing Skyrim and/or Fallout 3. I have other plans but they're not for here.

ps props for making a thread I wanted to post about it! All the theories about evolution of consciousness fascinating and are partly joined by the inevitability of a paradigm shift towards a more peaceful, interconnected and technologically advanced world which is already blatantly apparent in modern culture, so I'm already satisfied with the predictions. The rate of our technology's evolution is also part of this idea.

ps props for making a thread I wanted to post about it!

Yeah well I wanted to laugh at this notion of 12/21/12 since mankind has been trying to predict the "End of the World" for ages and has ALWAYS been wrong. Oh and I also wanted to praise the hell out of Majora's Mask and make a bunch of references to it.

Happy Post False-Armageddon Day! If this is the future after the apocalypse, I want a refund.