Giant Graffiti

Even More Unused Content!

I did a search first, but hopefully I'm not pointing out well-known cut content. :)

First of all are soundsets, Dodonna and Vandar both have soundsets. Perhaps you were meant to be able to fight them directly if you went darkside? Also, it seems that BioWare originally intended for the player to have a different soundset depending on if you picked one of the "black" heads. Personally, I can see why they removed that, but there's still a few lines in the game files, in the streamsounds folder, all of the file names begin with n_dth_revfb and n_dth_revmb. Additionally, there are a whole bunch of alternate versions of lines for the PC's soundset. Using the female PC as an example, when selecting her from your party she normally uses the p_plyerfw_slct1, p_plyerfw_slct4, and p_plyerfw_slct7 sounds, but BioWare included p_plyerfw_slct2, p_plyerfw_slct3, p_plyerfw_slct5, p_plyerfw_slct6, and p_plyerfw_slct8 as well.

I'm not sure if they were unused or not, but there are two generic commoner heads which I don't remember appearing in the game. N_comm_a_F and N_comm_a_M. I can't find the head models for either of them, but they're both based off of PC heads.

N_comm_a_F.png

N_comm_a_M.png

Lastly, I found an incomplete, untextured model for an alien, l_alien01. He looks like Admiral Ackbar's species to me, but he might be something different.

l_alien01.png

I don't think it's possible to put him in the game proper, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Knew about the soundset stuff, restoring bits and pieces of that. Also, I doubt we'll do anything with the Vandar and Dodonna soundsets. Not enough there to justify any sort of 'restoration'.

Knew about the commoner heads, deciding where to put 'em in.

Didn't know about the alien, nice find. Looks a bit like a Sullustan to me, but that's quite debatable.

Might be a Manaan Creature too?

I think Mr. Phil might be right there. I think I spot the "whiskers" the Selkath have on their face.

Guest Gatherum

That is definitely a Mon Calamari. The head structure is a bit flatter than how we tend to imagine them, but yes.

That is definitely a Mon Calamari. The head structure is a bit flatter than how we tend to imagine them, but yes.

Gatherum... it's a trap!

• Like 1

I wouldn't try putting that alien in the game, looks to me like it's a trap.

Nice :P

That was a test of a Mon Calamari that was decided not to use. Textures were made but never included.

Yes i had a chance to talk ito David and other members of the original Bioware team, sorry i have not been arounbd to help more but my work evolved into working across the broad range of games including many others but i still love the KoTOR series. I will help as much as I am able but you guys and the team here are doing great work..many have tried but you are all ahead of any of the past efforts and i am very happy to see this. will share as i can.

thanks for finding my thread i was going to dig for it tomorrow. much appreciated. now i can pass it to the team.

Cris