Rtas Vadum

The Grid

GenesisScreen1.png

Still not sure of this yet, as I don't think I can implement this as I'd like. The outfits shown are meant to be worn by the PCs, and many of the common NPCs in the game. The main issue, is that, if I want to have unique colors for each starting class, then it restricts the colors you see on NPCs to the ones seen in the image(since you would only see the blue, white, and green on NPCs). Also, the common NPC females don't work the same way as the males, since the few female NPCs that use female PC heads are named, and thus do not wear the standard clothing(such as Anda, who normally uses the PFHA03 head, unless you use it yourself, and she uses the Onderon common female model). I'm guessing that if I want to make this work as I'd like, I would have to set up the patcher to make some 2da edits, and make the textures for the commoners unique. This way, you would see the three standard textures for both the PCs and common NPCs, along with a number of other textures on NPCs. Also for PCs, they would have a darkside version. Guardians get the Orange/Red glow like Clu, Sentinels get the Yellow coloring of the Abraxus Virus, and Consulars get the Red of the corrupted.

As for the edited pause screen, I have to smooth that out a bit.

NS_Cantina2.png

And I'm very sick of you, along with very tired of you saying "very".

Yacht-ooo! Seems like it's Narr Shaddaa that is done first. I still say that this place looks dangerous, and the Yacht is no exception, as you can see in these:

Docks

NS_YachtDocks.png

Cells
NS_YachtCells.png

Meeting Chamber
NS_Yacht2.png

Comm Hub
NS_Yacht1.png

Bridge
NS_YachtBridge.png

Oh, and I've also found that one texture for Telos. It was listed in the correct place(as TEL_HF1), it just seems that while I did extract it, I never edited it. So Telos might get released soon too. Peragus I think I have at least one more texture to sort out.

So, some of you may know this already, but Peragus is up for download. I will state now that I am obviously doing the droids there(given the previously posted shot which showed the three spider droids). Given that I'm also doing a few other droids(the ones on Goto's Yacht, etc), they will come along with them. Also of note, as the readme says, many of the placables will not fit in with the area yet - Many of them are done, but some I still need to get to. Lastly on the subject, soon enough, it will be noticed that one of the loading screens is still the vanilla. Why? Well, I don't have any idea how to get a similar shot, and while I can obviously get one that does the area justice, I don't want the Harbinger included. So, if anyone who is willing to use this can get a similar shot, you have my thanks(and a credit in the readme, of course).

As for other things, Telos should be done shortly, along with the Harbinger(bloody door). Nar Shaddaa/Goto's Yacht are also pretty much done, so you can expect those soon too.

Guardians get the Orange/Red glow like Clu, Sentinels get the Yellow coloring of the Abraxus Virus, and Consulars get the Red of the corrupted.

I think Abraxas was yellow with a slight greenish tinge to him. Clu - in BOTH Tron movies was always Yellow. The Corrupted are the coloring as Abraxas in Tron Evolution, and they are definitely Green in the Tron 2.0 game.

The Tron WIKI is your friend, program.

I think Abraxas was yellow with a slight greenish tinge to him. Clu - in BOTH Tron movies was always Yellow. The Corrupted are the coloring as Abraxas in Tron Evolution, and they are definitely Green in the Tron 2.0 game.

The Tron WIKI is your friend, program.

I'm pretty much going off Legacy, where Clu's coloring seems to be a yellow-orange, with a red glow. As for Abraxas, I didn't doubt that it was just yellow, but I'll certainly take a look and see if I can't get it a bit closer. With the Corrupted though, I don't mean the Virus infected in Evolution, but more Clu's "Repurposed" programs(Rinzler, for example).

I love the grid overlaid on the star skybox!

I had one hell of a time getting that Nebula to look right. Though I still think I need to change it, which will be one of the things I do for the next version.

Also, I need to do the same for the skybox for the Harbinger, since it doesn't use the Peragus version, unlike the Ravager, the Yacht and Citadel.

Not too much at the moment, although I might have something more latter today.

First though, as it might be expected, I've had this done for a while, but technically my issue is exactly how I should release it. Should it go into the next update for TG - Peragus, or with the set of armors I have(which I'm not too sure of)?

MinerOutfitPre.png

Also, I have a few shots of the Ebon Hawk, or at least the standard version of it(i.e blue lines). I still have some things to do with it, but that's obvious.

EbonHawkShot1.png

EbonHawkShot2.png

EbonHawkShot3.png

EbonHawkShot4.png

Something I've been trying for all three versions of the skin, is to have the holo-map match. For the most part it works(and looks okay with the blue version), but for the Corrupt version, it still has a blue hint to it(haven't done the corrupted version yet).

Something I've been trying for all three versions of the skin, is to have the holo-map match. For the most part it works(and looks okay with the blue version), but for the Corrupt version, it still has a blue hint to it(haven't done the corrupted version yet).

You might make two more copies of each holomap, and then edit k_inc_hawk.nss and whatever scripts include it to use different textures based on alignment. There are functions GetIsDark() and GetIsLight(), which might help.

You might make two more copies of each holomap, and then edit k_inc_hawk.nss and whatever scripts include it to use different textures based on alignment. There are functions GetIsDark() and GetIsLight(), which might help.

Eh, that isn't exactly what I meant. I mean having the holomap match the area reskin, not the player(which would be interesting, but perhaps a bit much for something like this). The only thing that doesn't really match, would be the transparent star-pattern(i.e the sphere). As far as I can see, I've extracted and edited all the textures I can find for it, but it is possible I missed something.

I would like to do the planet textures as well(the holo versions), but given that like many other of the game's animated textures, there is little to no way to discern how it is aligned.

I have to say, I wasn't planning on doing this, but it was an idea I had(although I can't claim it as exclusively mine).

CitadelK_CantinaStage.png

CitadelK_Apartments.png

CitadelK_Apartment.png

CitadelK_DockingBayHall.png

CitadelK_DockEntry.png

Also, I have a few robe reskins here.

CircutRobes_Normal.png

CircutRobes_Corrupt.png

I don't know if I'll be editing the uti files(i.e changing the names and descriptions), but as it is the color of the lines will depend on the robe's name. Not all of them will have a black base, as white is also an option.

I have to say, I wasn't planning on doing this, but it was an idea I had(although I can't claim it as exclusively mine).

Also, I have a few robe reskins here.

I don't know if I'll be editing the uti files(i.e changing the names and descriptions), but as it is the color of the lines will depend on the robe's name. Not all of them will have a black base, as white is also an option.

Lookin' good, RV! Will this be a separate Telos release?

Lookin' good, RV! Will this be a separate Telos release?

Indeed. It should be soon, since it's only a few more files I have to edit(mostly the still-blue lights that can bee seen in the images, perhaps a texture or two that is not seen in the images). However, in the images, the placeables are still blue. If they were unique to Telos, I would make a seperate version(or package it with the placeables), but many of them do appear elsewhere.

Indeed. It should be soon, since it's only a few more files I have to edit(mostly the still-blue lights that can bee seen in the images, perhaps a texture or two that is not seen in the images). However, in the images, the placeables are still blue. If they were unique to Telos, I would make a seperate version(or package it with the placeables), but many of them do appear elsewhere.

Well, a little .GIT editing/.utp editing oughta allow you to edit the model(for the .utp, try seeing if there's a model variation option) and then hex edit the model to use a new texture...

Well, a little .GIT editing/.utp editing oughta allow you to edit the model(for the .utp, try seeing if there's a model variation option) and then hex edit the model to use a new texture...

I think the problem in editing the utp files, would be the fact that they also contain items, which could be loaded into it by a script, which might break if I try to even just change the appearance of it. Some things, such as Terminals(either the constantly used ones, or the one like in the room on the Citadel), I don't know if it will still work if I make the simple change. Things that are just decoration(i.e things you don't interact with) might be fine, I can't say. If this won't cause a problem, then I might consider it.

Also, it looks like I'd have to create new lines for new placeables(which there is a 2da file for). Not something that would be difficult, but the problem lies in the multitude of files I would need to edit for that.

I think the problem in editing the utp files, would be the fact that they also contain items, which could be loaded into it by a script, which might break if I try to even just change the appearance of it. Some things, such as Terminals(either the constantly used ones, or the one like in the room on the Citadel), I don't know if it will still work if I make the simple change. Things that are just decoration(i.e things you don't interact with) might be fine, I can't say. If this won't cause a problem, then I might consider it.

Also, it looks like I'd have to create new lines for new placeables(which there is a 2da file for). Not something that would be difficult, but the problem lies in the multitude of files I would need to edit for that.

Just the one: baseitems.2da. Copy the placeable's row, change the base model, and then save it. After this, you just need to copy and rename the model, hex edit it as stated above, and you're done. The scripts use the tag of the object, so changing the baseitem shouldn't affect it, unless the scripts call a GetNearestObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE,...).

You could just inject a script using the tut at Holowan Labs to automatically place the random treasure...

I guess it would be time to reveal a bit more, given that it is only Nar Shaddaa and Trayus that haven't been released yet. I know I am doing M4-78 too, but I can't readily get screenshots of that. Anyway, the Twin Suns.

TwinSuns.png

Also, I'm wondering what texture is used for these two placeables. For the most part, these are the only two that I haven't done(at least considering ones that appear in many places), alongside that "lamp" thing in the Czerka offices and a name for that texture would be appreciated as well.

Don't mind this one, I found it.

Placeable1.png

Placeable2.png

I guess it would be time to reveal a bit more, given that it is only Nar Shaddaa and Trayus that haven't been released yet. I know I am doing M4-78 too, but I can't readily get screenshots of that. Anyway, the Twin Suns.

Also, I'm wondering what texture is used for these two placeables. For the most part, these are the only two that I haven't done(at least considering ones that appear in many places), alongside that "lamp" thing in the Czerka offices and a name for that texture would be appreciated as well.

Don't mind this one, I found it.

I like the Twin Sun on the left!

On to the main topic: you could check the .utp file, then match the appearance of the placeable to the row in baseitems.2da or find the model. Then you can run it through MDLOPS and it'll tell you the texture. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I can't access KT...

Oh my, I didn't know this thread existed. I feel silly now that I suggested a green grid when you have already made one :wub:

So I started my game over when I saw your grid series as you know and as I previously told you I am on Nar Shadaa and I have discovered this in the refugee sector:

2pLyAs.jpg

0NsSEs.png

uSM4gs.jpg

I don't think I am using any mods that change this sector as I was just there with the same set up? I am not sure which Grid mod is the source. I'll try removing Telos and see whats up.

Oh my, I didn't know this thread existed. I feel silly now that I suggested a green grid when you have already made one :wub:

I actually did that because you suggested it. Saw the comment, then spent a while converting the colors on a copy of the originals.

So I started my game over when I saw your grid series as you know and as I previously told you I am on Nar Shadaa and I have discovered this in the refugee sector:

2pLyAs.jpg

0NsSEs.png

uSM4gs.jpg

I don't think I am using any mods that change this sector as I was just there with the same set up? I am not sure which Grid mod is the source. I'll try removing Telos and see whats up.

Those are actually some of the Peragus textures. In some ways it is intended(although it is what the game does already), since I'm doing Nar Shaddaa(there are previews of it in this thread) as well(which will probably get a release soon).

I've also been checking that post you made on that other forum, just to see what the comments were.

You mean Emma's site. Emma is the creator of Companion Vilja. The 5th most recommended mod of all time on TES NEXUS with 1/4 of a Million downloads. She just released Skyrim Vilja which is right now breaking all sorts of download records. She is one of the few people who has created super successful mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim. Most of the members there are web-masters of their own sites and have created very successful mods of there own. The good thing is "jac" has started to play TSLRCM with my current mod construction. He not only has his own very well known Morrowind site but other sites as well. He's loving it. That should be taken as a big compliment as he has been modding for over a decade like many people here I'm sure. I think Blockhead, the forum administrator is starting to play it too. As far as the forum goes it is not the most active place publicly. Project threads are hidden and lots of PMs but I am a huge Companion Vilja fan and Emma fan so I hang out there. It is also a very well mannered place which I like. So far people are loving it. I have gotten many inquisitive PMs about the TSLRCM and the mods in my current set up. :cool:

Back on subject; your grid pics are sick. I love it.