Sign in to follow this  
90SK

SKIN:KOTOR Ceremony Tunics for Jedi Robes

KOTOR Ceremony Tunics for Jedi Robes

KOTOR Ceremony Tunics for Jedi Robes

This mod features an originally unused NPC jedi robe, and the Bastila jedi robe model. The new models replace the old four Jedi Padawan robes. There are a total of 12 replacement robes that appear throughout Knights of The Old Republic.

I have also included the old version in the pack in case you want to go on a nostalgia trip.

To Install, place files in the SWKotOR2/Override directory.

Remove the files from Override to uninstall.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/01/2012
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible

I absolutely love what you did for the unused robes from K1, by texturing them to resemble things from an earlier time in the republic.

I knew of these models previously and never really played them, but one day I got this idea, because the model shape is almost perfect for some hyperspace war era robes, so I want to eventually put some of those robes in the game using the models you revived, and give them a few new additional textures.

Here is one I am working on and it will probably either depend on your mod to work, or be added in as a new slot. I’m not sure how it will work yet but DJ is trying to help me figure all that out.

Anyway, this is my first reskin for the robe, and it will end up being the robe of Odan-Urr.

I don’t know if it will work, but I attempted to fix the crossed faces on the loincloth and if it does work then I will let you know so you can have the updated model

basically I took all the bad faces behind the ones closest to view, and deleted them, and then copied the front faces of both front and back of the loincloth, duplicated them, and then flipped the normals so they render the inside as well, which is what I think was intended but I am not sure. That is how come the UVs are correct now on the loincloth instead of looking terrible. I tried flipping the edges until the UVs were oriented right but that did not work very well and some of the texture was mapped wrong on the UVs, like back faces on the front texture, etc...

Hopefully that works but who knows, maybe that will make it worse.

post-19611-0-08439300-1464663516_thumb.png

post-19611-0-02453300-1464663555_thumb.png

That actually looks a helluva lot better than the vanilla Jedi robes we get in K1, Xander2077. Looking at the edited models 90SK did a while back and the one in your Blender scene, it seems more likely to fit the time period of what the Jedi and Sith would wear in K1 and even K2 in my opinion. Although the original vanilla versions in K1 don't look as modern, much like the ones in K2 do, they still look somewhat modern. 

K1 and K2 is suppose to be a time period way before the Clone Wars and A New Hope came along, about 4,000 years, so I never understood why they adapted similar Clone Wars designed jedi robes in K1 and especially in K2 from the Clone Wars period. You would think they would have made the Jedi and Sith robes a little more primitive in design, as per your and 90SK's examples, with some version variations having some armor. They did do that with some of the Sith outfits in K1 at least, much like what Darth Bandon wears. 

These would fit right in during the Krath Conflict. I am personally enthusiastic about any clothing to connects the Kotor games to the Tales of The Jedi comics they were based off of.

I can’t seem to contact him about this so I posted this hoping he would find it or hear of it. Seems his inbox is so full he can’t receive messages any more. Maybe I need to dig out the read me and see if there is an email address.

Thanks for the tip Miles, i have been successful doing that before, so i must have had a momentary lapse of memory lol.

EDIT: i did gain permission but unfortunately either my internet is buggy or LucasForums is trimming the old forums due to inactivity so i cannot retrieve my PMs from there. i guess i have been absent long enough for those forums to be scrubbed. Usually i screen cap PMs just in case but i failed to do that this time around.