Darth_Sapiens

G0-T0 Overhaul

here are screens for the no cape version

post-9663-0-55641300-1346484070_thumb.jpg

You know, while I like the cape as a design, I think the no-cape version is more "G0T0". Still it'd be a shame to go through all of the effort to rig it and not use it. I still think having an option would be a good idea.

lol i am doing this all on my netbook (only computer i have), its an AO722-0828, video recording is a no go while playing games, mind you if i got some beta testers, id certainly allow them to do so.

Indeed. Well, it would be interesting to see.

Edit:

Holy Crap! Where'd SHE come from?!

• Like 1

Your latest pictures just reminded me of a question I had: What will the avatar picture for G0-T0 look like?

post-9663-0-72812800-1346485075_thumb.jpg

there ya go, nothing special really.

You know, while I like the cape as a design, I think the no-cape version is more "G0T0". Still it'd be a shame to go through all of the effort to rig it and not use it. I still think having an option would be a good idea.

Indeed. Well, it would be interesting to see.

Edit:

Holy Crap! Where'd SHE come from?!

NOT impressed XD

NOT impressed XD

You or her? :eek:

Edit:

But, seriously folks, the profile pic looks fine. I just wonder though, isn't this G0T0 supposed to have glowing eyes or something?

You or her? :eek:

LOL - it's an Olympic meme.

Oh and with the eyes, it was ether go shine, or glow, i went shine, because I'm pretty sure you cant have two envmaps on a texture.

Edited by Sith Holocron

LOL - it's an Olympic meme.

Oh and with the eyes, it was ether go shine, or glow, i went shine, because I'm pretty sure you cant have two envmaps on a texture.

Indeed, you cannot. If you want to have a model both shine(if it is supposed to be metal, leather, etc), and have a glowing area(eyes, lights, etc), then you would need to have two textures.

Also, I can't say that I have any problems with the cape. Given that the personality G0-T0 has adapted seems to have quite the ego, I'd say it fits.

• Like 2

Indeed, you cannot. If you want to have a model both shine(if it is supposed to be metal, leather, etc), and have a glowing area(eyes, lights, etc), then you would need to have two textures.

Also, I can't say that I have any problems with the cape. Given that the personality G0-T0 has adapted seems to have quite the ego, I'd say it fits.

totally agree about the cape, im gonna find out more about the glow, i think the texture separation well be possible

EDIT: here is the updated portrait, i feel it's way better : post-9663-0-05497900-1346611814_thumb.jpg

Also the glowing vibroblades are a nice touch :D

those are deadmans, they rock lol, i'm pretty sure i got it on deadly stream

ok so im currently figuring out how to use the patcher, iam wondering i need to change existing entries in dialog.tlk, can the patcher do this or do i have to change all the dlg's to point to local (stored in the dlg) strrefs?

Here is my to do list, almost done...

*change baseitems.2da - DONE

*create new line in appearance 2da (based off of HK-47) - DONE

*modify textures and create txi - DONE

*create portrait - DONE

*modify g0t0's utc - DONE

*modify/create new ssf for G0-T0 (if necessary) - NOT NECESSARY

*create new items (uti) to add the feats required

and allow him to gain the feats automatically (feats.2da) - DONE

*make items creatable at a workbench (itemcreate.2da) etc. - DONE

------------------- TO DO------------------

*find dialog vs. model inconsistencies splice, re-write, etc. :help:

*beta testing (i need volunteers :help: )

*create installer - 99%

StrRef 117720 - "As you know, my "base" of operatiosn lies within this floating droid before you."

122341 - "Just be happy we have room for two floating spheres around here."

134911 - "Those can all prove an asset. Good to have you standing with us - I mean, floating with us."

That's all that came up with a tlk search for "floating". Nothing came up searching for "G0-T0", except some Gameplay Programmer comments.

StrRef 117720 - "As you know, my "base" of operatiosn lies within this floating droid before you."

122341 - "Just be happy we have room for two floating spheres around here."

134911 - "Those can all prove an asset. Good to have you standing with us - I mean, floating with us."

That's all that came up with a tlk search for "floating". Nothing came up searching for "G0-T0", except some Gameplay Programmer comments.

ok thanks for the help guys

There supposed to be an EH cutscene running here, right?

What have you changed in the .utc file?

if any one notices any lines that refer to g0t0 as floating let me know :)

Isn't there a line where HK refers to G0-T0 as 'moon shaped'? Probably doesn't fit a humanoid G0-T0. I think it is in their confrontation on Malachor V, in TSLRCM :cool:

Are you planning to modify G0-T0's feat tree? My main problem with G0-T0 has never been his appearance, rather his complete uselessness in the party. By the time you get him as a party member, his skill/feats are already redundant!

CONTROL DROID: Only places with alot of droids (Peragus / G0-T0's yacht), you can't use G0-T0 :(

NOT TRIPPNG MINES: Only place with serious ammount of deadly mines is G0-T0's yacht! Doh! Plus, if you are going LS, by the time you get G0-T0, you will already have Mira - unless you made G0-T0 into a steaming hot Fem-bot, Mira will always trump G0-T0 for a party place!

STEALTH: G0-T0 lacks Sneak Attack, meaning stealth is not a useful skill :( I really wish OE had made the whole game like the Exchange compound where friendlies / neutrals will attack you if they see you robbing their stuff!! Would have made it worth keeping a stealth member in the party if playing LS.

SKILLS: By the time you get G0-T0, Bao-Dur and T3 are already skilled crafting bitches. No need for G0-T0s skills.

LACK OF COMBAT FEATS: I really wish G0-T0 was more combat focused. I think making him melee is a big step in the right direction - I think it fits well with his bickering with HK if one is a shooter and one melee :)

If you can do anything to make G0-T0 more useful, I will definately give this mod a try. G0-T0 has some choice lines of dialogue... it's a shame I never get to hear them :(

so here is an error ive been encountering,error.jpg:help:

You've modified that dialogue file? Since that would explain the error (it's double-blue with no requirements IIRC).

If not, it's a lot stranger.

i moddified it but i have no clue what i did wrong, i just changed some entries to local strings i can send s link to the beta if an experienced modder wants to take a look

Either that or just the dialog.

I don't get why his name is not showing up though.

If you send me the files, I'll try to help, yeah. hehe =D