Darth_Sapiens

G0-T0 Overhaul

Looking great! You could make its belly bigger, or its arms (and legs) much more "muscular", or its head fatter, to make HK's "Fat One" comment work more. But that's up to you! :D

(Oh and imo you should stick to droid head)

I also think that you should keep with a droid head, so as to keep G0-T0 a droid and not cyborg . He needs to look mysterious and more or less threatening, and I don't think that would be achieved IMHO. Also, G0-T0 wouldn't flaunt his identity to every passerby like that. He is always "away" from his robot body to keep enemies guessing. As far as a design, I was kind of thinking a custom type of head pattern similar to the stormtrooper visor or sith droid head would look good. Sort of like with red photoreceptors (eyes) in that shape on top of the black.

[My own opinion] However, I think that it might look better if you refrain from making the torso have a large midsection and instead have a more muscular or reinforced one. It might make HK's comment seem more ironic (larger can be construed as fatter) and genuinely stemming from jealousy. [/My own opinion]

In regards to your texture being to low res, is the head texture separate from the rest of the body? Otherwise, you will have to make the entire texture file larger altogether to increase the resolution.

[My own opinion] However, I think that it might look better if you refrain from making the torso have a large midsection and instead have a more muscular or reinforced one. It might make HK's comment seem more ironic (larger can be construed as fatter) and genuinely stemming from jealousy. [/My own opinion]

Yeah that's basically the same as I said.

As far as a design, I was kind of thinking a custom type of head pattern similar to the stormtrooper visor or sith droid head would look good. Sort of like with red photoreceptors (eyes) in that shape on top of the black.

i like that idea,

In regards to your texture being to low res, is the head texture separate from the rest of the body? Otherwise, you will have to make the entire texture file larger altogether to increase the resolution.

yes it is, i am "model mashing", so some of the parts have different texture files. and the file size well be BIG, but not too HUGE, XD i decided its 2012, we have the technology, screw the size i want it to look good lol.

&&

You could make its belly bigger, or its arms (and legs) much more "muscular", or its head fatter, to make HK's "Fat One" comment work more. But that's up to you! :D

ok, it might not seem like he is a whole lot bigger without comparison, but he is thicker, also too thick on arms and legs = clipping XD, however, because, i totally value your opinions :), i think there is a modifier some where that said something about scaling in game, i could make him wookie size.

alas i havent put it in game yet, so once it is in game, then we well see a good reference on where to go from and tweak from that.

edit: does any one know how gmax renders textures? it seems fishy that the textures dont seem as good as they are.

Edited by Darth_Sapiens

prenb.jpg

ago5z.jpg

9qo6r.jpg

I FINALY like the head, i'm gonna tweak it slightly, add glow, tone down red etc.

the textures are not full quality, gmax doesnt render them at full quality,

next is rigging, !yay!

rigging, rigging, rigging, i have no clue how to get the bones to rig properly so that they actually work, any good tutorials for rigging in gmax? better yet are there any people who have rigged for kotor before and can help?

I've rigged completely new character models for KotOR&TSL. Feel free to ask.

I can't promise that I will be very helpful (it's difficult for me to describe such things in English. Hey, even in my first language most of my description will be :censored:), but I'll do my best.

I've rigged completely new character models for KotOR&TSL. Feel free to ask.

I can't promise that I will be very helpful (it's difficult for me to describe such things in English. Hey, even in my first language most of my description will be :censored:), but I'll do my best.

thank you soooo much ill pm you, and don't worry, you have excellent English.

Some questions . . .

A) I'm glad DeadMan is helping with you with the rigging. That takes care of one of my questions straightaway.

B) Now that you'll be having a brand new model, have you considered how that might affect all of the camera that are designed for the original model? Will you be adding camera corrections for both TSLRCM 1.8 and the yet-to-be-released M4-78 EP?

C) On the model head . . . a suggestion. If the model exists in TSL, have you considered using this head to add a little more variety than just using the standard Sith Droid model's head?

D) We've discussed HK-47's description of G0-T0. Don't forget G0-T0's self descriptions. To quote:

Notice it's sleek black frame, both intimidating and threatening. And note it's highly polished finish so that enemies may see their screaming faces before they are removed from the equation.

Looks like like you got the black frame and the intimidating part down. Add some shininess to the model and you're set.

E) A line that will now need a slight edit - Gblg0t0125.wav - where he mentions that he floats. As it's only one word to remove, it should be an easy edit.

B) For sure, it'll be for TSLRCM. As soon as I get it in game, then I'll work on it. As for M4-78 EP - as soon as it is released - I'll start working on a patch.

C) I'll look in to it. We'll see. I like the idea of variety, especially with a M4-78 full of droids.

E) I'll fix that for the first release, thanks for pointing out which file :)

Oh my gosh that looks awesome. Red glowing parts are super cool. The whole texture set seems quite contrasty, however... maybe bring up the dynamic range a little?

Oh my gosh that looks awesome. Red glowing parts are super cool. The whole texture set seems quite contrasty, however... maybe bring up the dynamic range a little?

as in white vs. black or colour wise (too much red)?

lol i'm not sure i understand what you mean. but if its what i think it is, i chose the colors based on g0-t0s original colour scheme (black, white and red). but ill tweak it some more and then maybe i'll make some texture packs for the mod after release.

edit: i think i see what you mean now, i'll tweak it but i want to see how the textures look in game first, maybe it will look good with shine and glow "channels" (idk what to call it lol)

Edited by Darth_Sapiens

I forgot to ask before: where does the hologram come out of?

im not going to do it any more, but i was thinking about shoulder height so that the neck and head would be holo.

im not going to do it any more, but i was thinking about shoulder height so that the neck and head would be holo.

You're giving up on the overhaul? Why?

You're giving up on the overhaul? Why?

i meant giving up ont the "holo" head, lol no the overhaul i'm still working on

i meant giving up ont the "holo" head, lol no the overhaul i'm still working on

Then my question remains unanswered: Where is the new G0-T0's holoprojector?

i would of-course also have an emitter/holoprojecter-ish thing for it too

What SH means, is that even though you change the droid model, the game will still spawn a holograpic representation of G0-T0 during the scene aboard his ship, when first traveling to Nar Shaadda(For some bloody reason, I've seen this name so many times, but never recently when I have to type it). On his original model, he has that red eye that projects it. Where is the projection going to come from on this model?

Also, I am quite interested in this. You honestly scared me a bit when you said you weren't going to finish this, though I understand what you meant by it.

WOW, lol that was a breakdown, any ways i havent thought about that, ill check it out. see with what i come up with,

iirc, arent there other G0-T0 (cant remember what they are called) droids on the ship? *if* i cant get it to work with this model i will use one of them (im not replacing the original g0-t0 model, just changing the party G0-t0's appearence, so those guard droids'll be un-altered)

Also, I am quite interested in this. You honestly scared me a bit when you said you weren't going to finish this, though I understand what you meant by it.

lol thanks its things like this that make me want to not give-up.

WOW, lol that was a breakdown, any ways i havent thought about that, ill check it out. see with what i come up with,

iirc, arent there other G0-T0 (cant remember what they are called) droids on the ship? *if* i cant get it to work with this model i will use one of them (im not replacing the original g0-t0 model, just changing the party G0-t0's appearence, so those guard droids'll be un-altered)

There are other droids on the ship, and they use the same model that G0-t0 does. So you'd have to make a few other changes if you'd want to have this new model only appear for his party appearance.