Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

I found three very minor issues. They don't disrupt the gameplay.

1. After Atton rescues Mira from the Jekk'Jekk Tarr, Mira says a line that begins, "Goto's been preying on Vogga's freighters for a while." She pronounces his name Vahgga, not Vohgga. I only bring this up in case someone is interested in VO splicing. It's not a big deal IMO.

2. When Kreia confronts the Jedi Masters, Vrook's activated lightsaber is missing its blade.

3. No description in the HK factory for the left-most room with the holographic globe of Telos. I can click on and highlight the circle, but the description is blank.

Everytime I try to load a savegame I get this weird error screen and the game crashes.I have installed sith lords+patch 1.0b+hq music and movies patch+tslrcm 1.8 and nothing else.Can someone please help me?Thanks in advance!

error.bmp

what-301-is-called-again

I believe the game calls that the Refugee Docks (as opposed to Nar Shadaa docks).

Guest Vidisse

Hello, new here. Firstly, thank you so much for this! I have been long waiting for this.

This is a fix for Vista/Windows 7 users. I have been struggling with this for years, and after many tries I finally managed to make it playable. I wanted to share.

Get the Vista fix file, then go to the TSL Properties on your desktop.

Run in Compatibility Mode for XP SP3

Disable Visual Themes

Disable Desktop Composition

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Run as Administrator

post-9792-0-99277800-1344518331_thumb.jpg

I run Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit

For all the Onderon crashing, I put graphics on Medium, disable anti-aliasing, anisotropy, frame buffer effects, soft shadows, shadows, and grass. I make sure my party is with me before changing sectors or going into the cantina, and I wait 30 seconds at least after a save before moving on. You only have to do this the first time you are in Onderon and investigating the murder.

Thanks again, and I hope this helps everyone having problems.

Not sure if it is a bug or not, mainly it's just a question:

Am I wrong or when i reach the tunnel level on Peragus and i open the cylinder box where i find the uniform, the belt and the shield i should find there also the restored weapon ?

I mean that kind of doubleblade/pike used from miners to claim the asteroids. I thought it was restored in the mod but maby i am wrong and just confused with another mod.

Thx

EDIT: Found the name of the weapon: GUIDON BEACON

I'm at the last part with Visquis in Nar Shaddaa where G0-T0 kills him and kidnaps the Exile, after that the cryptic dialogue of Kreia and Hanharr ensues. It finishes with the action jumping at Atton - I can see mira in front of him - but instead the usual talk . . . the game loads the docks map and I'm stuck with Atton without the possibility of clicking anything..spells..menu...etc..

I tried the "While in Visquis' lair, when Kreia revives Hanharr, it suddenly turns back to Atton" thing but there isn't any p_kreia001 in my override folder

Fresh install, no other mods on it..still no p_kreia001

Any ideas??

I have found what I think is a bug. After landing on Telos Station and being free to talk to your companions, you used to be able to ask Kreia about her past or something like that. If you had a high enough intelligence you could say "what were you" and then the movie showing her fall would kick in. The only option for questions currently is "What do you know about the Sith chasing us?" but I am almost positive there was another question that is no longer there which led to that movie. The only thought I may have is that you guys may have made it so we can't ask it so early in the game but I figured I would mention it anyway.

• Like 1

Hey guys

This just happend to me. I'm on Telos, after defeating Atris, so fighting sith just before the ravager. I can speak with Grenn, with Mandalore too, then i kill the few sith out in the module, go to next, talk with the republic guy, again killing sith with turrets, a cutscene where the door for the next module opens, I pass trought it and... I get back to the menu screen (you know, where you can start a new game, load etc.). Here I can't move the mouse and can't do nothing, so I must close the game by closing it with the task manager. Tried to play again, same, tried to reload before atris, killing her again, doing all again and still doesn't work.

I'm the only with this problem? there's a fix?

Anyway, great job with 1.8 guys, relly great job :)

I noticed something weird that made me wonder if 1.8 was installed correctly. One of the previous patches (I only tried 1.7 before this) replaced a lot of the 'mummy corpses' in Peragus with actual human corpses wearing mining uniforms. It was a cool feature that I liked rather well.

I'm about halfway through the dormitories now and it seems like were back to the regular, unrealistic mummy corpses. Haven't spotted a proper corpse anywhere so far. Was this reverted for some reason, or does it look like something went wrong during installation? I'd like to know so I can try to re-download / re-install if need be.

Edit: I'm not using any mods. Not even the higher quality movie/music patches, since some people reported having problems with them in 1.8 as well.

I'm having a problem with the Finding the Hk-50 Factory, after I get the Ebon Hawk back I go to Telos to turn in the Criminal Bounty, and run into the droids outside the bay, turn in the mission, walk back to ship and they are there like nothing happened! So I saved fought...got the notification that I met one group so far, so I load the save. Skip them, go to Korriban and run into the group there and after the banter, it says I've only run into one still! Is there a way to avoid this? Was I not supposed to run into them on telos and turn the quest in later? Help me please if you can :help: Please and thank you ^^

Hello I beat it.

However I didn't get a handmaiden wanting to come with me scene, or a visas wanting to come with me to find revan (I was nicer to the handmaiden and, I trained the handmaiden to be a jedi)

What are the requirements to get this. I always took her with me and never lost influence. I got atton's death scene, and lots of wonderful TSL Restoration things throughout the game.

Also at the end there was a bug. I didn't beat the 3 lightsabers, but it triggered the final cutscene anyways. I did it again, and I had to kill the 3 lightsabers, probably just a bug from vanilla idk.

Didn't have any issues through the rest of the game though.

Edit: I checked my save games in KSE it has my influence of handmaiden and visas at 100. And LS 99.

Im still on Peragus, dormitory level. Dunno if it's a bug related with the Peragus Tweak MOD or a missing thing in the TSLRCM but i can't find anywhere che Dock Officer corpse in the dormitories, which means that i can't get his datapad.

Surely it's not a critical bug but i hate to miss something. Anyone got this problem too ? Anyone managed to fix it ? Is it possible to add the datapad to the invnetory through a console command ? I tried the savegame editor but there are no way to manage datapads with it, only common items.

anyone can help ?

Well i am stuck.

I went and got all 3 groups of droids and then got the cutscene with HK-47 torturing the HK-50. So at this point i talked to HK-47 and asked him of the location of the factory. It gave me information that i can not visit the factory at will.

I defeated Atris at Telos and rescued the handmaiden.

After this the cutscene starts of the ebon hawk taking off. Then it jumps to the shuttle scene from the beginning of the game when i went the first time to the surface of Telos.

After that is done my maincharacter stands right in front of the locked door in the military base and im stuck at this point...

Any ideas?

On a side note im pretty impressed on what you guys accomplished

Well i am stuck.

I went and got all 3 groups of droids and then got the cutscene with HK-47 torturing the HK-50. So at this point i talked to HK-47 and asked him of the location of the factory. It gave me information that i can not visit the factory at will.

I defeated Atris at Telos and rescued the handmaiden.

After this the cutscene starts of the ebon hawk taking off. Then it jumps to the shuttle scene from the beginning of the game when i went the first time to the surface of Telos.

After that is done my maincharacter stands right in front of the locked door in the military base and im stuck at this point...

Any ideas?

On a side note im pretty impressed on what you guys accomplished

You are probably using other mods, right?

You are probably using other mods, right?

the only one im using is the great lightsaber mod

the only one im using is the great lightsaber mod

What is this mod's official name and please provide a link.

I noticed something weird that made me wonder if 1.8 was installed correctly. One of the previous patches (I only tried 1.7 before this) replaced a lot of the 'mummy corpses' in Peragus with actual human corpses wearing mining uniforms. It was a cool feature that I liked rather well.

I'm about halfway through the dormitories now and it seems like were back to the regular, unrealistic mummy corpses. Haven't spotted a proper corpse anywhere so far. Was this reverted for some reason, or does it look like something went wrong during installation? I'd like to know so I can try to re-download / re-install if need be.

Edit: I'm not using any mods. Not even the higher quality movie/music patches, since some people reported having problems with them in 1.8 as well.

That's VarsityPuppet's Peragus tweak that you're talking about, and it's a separate mod.

Also, I forgot . . . at Telos Academy where Atris is.

When I went back there. Brianna stunned 4 of the sisters but the cutscene triggered before I stunned the 4th one. When I walk through with the PC I talk to her and she says the dialogue from the first trip there.

I can duel with the handmaiden sisters (I forgot to my first time I went to that academy).

^That sounds like a mod conflict.

Maybe, The only mods I have is the Widescreen Fix (by Squizzy), HUD fix, and I changed the portraits of characters...

I've played through the scenes different times and it didn't happen though. I just died to atris and didn't save. I've been through the ending 3 times (trying to get ending but I didn't get it) and it only happened 1 time.

It's likely Stevedroid's mini-map fix, which is just a file that goes in the override folder. There's no way to fix the HUD itself.

Keep in mind that any widescreen mods for patched TSL are only possible with a crack, and there is no crack available that is truly patched to 1.0b, so there go any fixes to the .exe file that the patch introduced, which is why I went back to playing TSL in 4:3. I recommend that everyone else do the same.

It's likely Stevedroid's mini-map fix, which is just a file that goes in the override folder. There's no way to fix the HUD itself.

Keep in mind that any widescreen mods for patched TSL are only possible with a crack, and there is no crack available that is truly patched to 1.0b, so there go any fixes to the .exe file that the patch introduced, which is why I went back to playing TSL in 4:3. I recommend that everyone else do the same.

Thanks

Yeah it's Stevedroid's fix, I can find a link I don't remember where, if you want me to I'll find it though.

If I replace the normal exe back in, should it fix the problem? Or do I have to start all over again (which is okay I just was just want to finish that story with the dialogues :D).

If you're just replacing portraits in the override that shouldn't cause any issues correct?

No, simple portrait replacement shouldn't be causing what you're experiencing. I honestly don't know what's causing your problem. It could very well be a corrupted save.