darthbdaman

Dustil - Nebelish

17 members have voted

1. 1. Make Nebelish's face generic?

• Make his face generic
    • Keep his face the same as Dustil's

One of the many things cut from TSL was Carth's son - Dustil Onasi.

He was originally found in the secret tomb on Korriban where you would have had to fight him.

When Obsidian cut this content, they did not change Dustil's unique face, so the new jedi they created, Nebelish, and Dustil look exactly the same.

I personally think Dustil's face should remain unique.

So do you think that TSLRCM should make Nebelish's face generic?

TSLRCM doesn't restore the Dustil content. Why should the team change the Nebelish head if doesn't even restore the Dustil content anyway? Besides. it sounds like it's a limited market request. Would it not be easier to mod the Dustil mod rather than modding the TSLRCM?

From Wookiepedia:

The polygon model of the corpse of Nebelish was actually the one used for Dustil Onasi in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. This was used because Dustil was to appear in the sequel, but the scenes were cut, therefore leaving only the model in the game engine.

Cut the quest, but leave the body?

I support a mod changing the head on the model. As for TSLRCM inclusion, it would be better to just restore the Dustil quest entirely. But that decision was made a long time ago already.

In the meantime, Princess Artemis' Insane Dustil Restoration will have to suffice.

As for TSLRCM inclusion, it would be better to just restore the Dustil quest entirely. But that decision was made a long time ago already.

IIRC, there were no voice overs done for that character. We'd have to re-voice Dustil and I sure wouldn't want to upset the Carth and Dustil fan-girls out there!

I think Dustil will be appearing in anon-insane format in Revenge of Revan so there's that . . .

Personally it just seems like an oversight by Obsidian, like leaving the HK Factory dialogue with HK-47 in the game after cutting the HK Factory. After they cut the Dustil content, it was one of the little things they forgot to change, so it does not make sense to me to leave the Dustil head on Nebelish.

There is a voiced Dustil restoration in the works... so I think TSLRCM should assign Nebelish's corpse a random head.

But which head?

Poll with pictures time! :P

Physical description from Wookiepedia:

Species

Human

Male

Hair color

Brown

Skin color

Light

I don't think it really matters, tbh. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary work to correct such a small oversight.

I think it's intentional.

After all they modified THE ENTIRE QUEST to use "Nebelish" instead of Dustil (while all the quests and a new datapad are already made up and in the dialog.tlk). They probably couldn't get the VO actor (or someone from LA veto'd killing Dustil) and then decided to modify the quest to reflect that, which they actually did fully, not partially or a mess-job as some of you suggest...

also guys hotor has a really nice version of insane dustil mod

I think it's intentional.

After all they modified THE ENTIRE QUEST to use "Nebelish" instead of Dustil (while all the quests and a new datapad are already made up and in the dialog.tlk). They probably couldn't get the VO actor (or someone from LA veto'd killing Dustil) and then decided to modify the quest to reflect that, which they actually did fully, not partially or a mess-job as some of you suggest...

Yes they changed the rest of the quest, but it still seems accidental that they left the head in the game.

Not really.

Also, the more unique skins rather than clones (onderon, serroco) the better...

Not really.

Also, the more unique skins rather than clones (onderon, serroco) the better...

Why doesn't it seem accidental? They have left stuff like this in the game before that was pretty obviously supposed to be cut.

Such as?

And as mentioned, they went pretty thoroughly here, making new quest entries, datapads etc. Hardly seems an unfinished rushjob.

Short story; Not going to be changed, deal with it.

Such as?

And as mentioned, they went pretty thoroughly here, making new quest entries, datapads etc. Hardly seems an unfinished rushjob.

Short story; Not going to be changed, deal with it.

The HK Factory? That had whole conversations which weren't cut.

Ehm, no? The HK-Factory OBVIOUSLY "wasn't supposed to be cut"... do you even know what happened to the game?

(now if you said M4-78)

Would it made you a happier man if instead of deciding to make something of the mess they carefully spend their time instead doing deep-surgery on the game, combing out any trace of there supposed to be more there?

Ehm, no? The HK-Factory OBVIOUSLY "wasn't supposed to be cut"... do you even know what happened to the game?

What I meant was that once they cut the HK Factory the HK-47 convo's still remained the same. And I do not actually know how they cut the HK Factory. With the time constraints I assumed it was rather haphazardly done. Am I wrong?

Yes.

And obviously, that wasn't so with things like Dustil (new Nebelish content), GenoHaradan (all replaced by Exchange) or M4-78 (Korriban). They've all been changed when there was no time limit, hence they don't have that unfinished feel...

Yes.

And obviously, that wasn't so with things like Dustil (new Nebelish content), GenoHaradan (all replaced by Exchange) or M4-78 (Korriban). They've all been changed when there was no time limit, hence they don't have that unfinished feel...

I guess you are right. The poll doesn't lie though...:P

You could ask who ever is putting together the voiced version for the Dustil mod to have the Nebelish face changed. Alternatively, you could make your own mod for it. If you think that doing something that only 11 people bothered to vote is that important, there are your options.

Seeing that it has been determined that this isn't going in the TSLRCM, the matter is settled. This thread is now closed.