Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

The loot system in KotOR 2 is so crazy (getting sith robes, gammorean gloves and a lightsaber from a Czerka soldier, one of the droids on Peragus and a refugee on Nar Shaddaa is just :confused: :confused: :confused: ) and, as I said, I could always use more easy XP (and it's rather fun shooting those sith troopers while they desperatly try to board my ship and waste ammo).

The robes do look better but I have a question - from where do I get Natth's Cowling? I know how to get the others (with a mod from Shem, I think, which makes me actually buy something from the vendors instead of walking around, killing bad guys with 200k credits) but I've never seen that one. Btw there's a model of Jolee's robe in the game (available only thought cheating,not included in Shem's mod) so could you include it in your mod, too?

As stated, you won't get *more* XP.

We've added enough XP to Peragus as is with the bots spawning full instead of lvl 3 wielding 25XP when you get there.

(personally, you get too much on Peragus, will try making a mod for that after tslrcm's done)

To answer the question... The luck of the draw... and TSLRCM 1.8 of course :P

And yes, that includes Jolee's Robe.

(1.8 fixes many random loot issues, including that robes got cut by half, like other armors (who have 15 versions, not 30) despite the "// except for robes, armor uses a different level curve

// since there are fewer items per class" above it dev comment...)

The loot system in KotOR 2 is so crazy (getting sith robes, gammorean gloves and a lightsaber from a Czerka soldier, one of the droids on Peragus and a refugee on Nar Shaddaa is just :confused: :confused: :confused: ) and, as I said, I could always use more easy XP (and it's rather fun shooting those sith troopers while they desperatly try to board my ship and waste ammo).

Well, since TSLRCM will include all of the source code for the scripts that generate treasures and loot on characters, *someone* could potentially put forth some effort into applying some rhyme or reason to the loot distribution.

The robes do look better but I have a question - from where do I get Natth's Cowling? I know how to get the others (with a mod from Shem, I think, which makes me actually buy something from the vendors instead of walking around, killing bad guys with 200k credits) but I've never seen that one. Btw there's a model of Jolee's robe in the game (available only thought cheating,not included in Shem's mod) so could you include it in your mod, too?

It's not a model I don't think, it's just a Jedi Padawan robe color variation.

Well, we (and by that I mean I) already modify droids post-Peragus (since those there just have to drop stuff for balance. Not to mention they have a whole section in random loot dedicated to them actually dropping non-droid stuff) to drop droid items. So none wearing gloves anymore :).

(also, all is a bit too much, some couldn't be de-compiled, so are still broken vanilla)

Yes.

Though don't fret too much, he now has his own stack... and it should be fairly easy to make such a modification, I could craft it for you if 1.8's done if you like :).

No need!

As stated, you won't get *more* XP.

We've added enough XP to Peragus as is with the bots spawning full instead of lvl 3 wielding 25XP when you get there.

(personally, you get too much on Peragus, will try making a mod for that after tslrcm's done)

In the vanilla version, you get no XP from shooting the sith with the turret so, technically speaking, you get more XP.

To answer the question... The luck of the draw... and TSLRCM 1.8 of course :P

And yes, that includes Jolee's Robe.

(1.8 fixes many random loot issues, including that robes got cut by half, like other armors (who have 15 versions, not 30) despite the "// except for robes, armor uses a different level curve

// since there are fewer items per class" above it dev comment...)

Sooooo I can get the robe on Dantooine, Onderon, Dxun, Korriban, Telos, the Ravager and (yes, I got Exar Kun's armor twice. Guess he had a spare one :D)/or Malachor V?

Well, since TSLRCM will include all of the source code for the scripts that generate treasures and loot on characters, *someone* could potentially put forth some effort into applying some rhyme or reason to the loot distribution.

That *someone*... you're not referring to me, right? Because I have no clue about source codes, scripts, etc. (Heh, and I'm learning to become a programmer. Keep dreaming, silly me, keep dreaming).

In the vanilla version, you get no XP from shooting the sith with the turret so, technically speaking, you get more XP.

That's simply not true...

Sooooo I can get the robe on Dantooine, Onderon, Dxun, Korriban, Telos, the Ravager and (yes, I got Exar Kun's armor twice. Guess he had a spare one :D)/or Malachor V?

Depending on your level, yes.

That *someone*... you're not referring to me, right? Because I have no clue about source codes, scripts, etc. (Heh, and I'm learning to become a programmer. Keep dreaming, silly me, keep dreaming).

No, someone means literally 'someone', though preferably, not me (though it could ultimately end up being me).

I'm in a teasing mood. So here were my latest fixes... without any description what it all means... :P

Let the speculation begin!

rmqnkvkpry7lylzwbv.jpg

• Like 1

Bao-Dur Alone? I'm guessing it's gotta do with his 'sacrifice' on Malachor V or at least the HK factory where he was apparently meant to die. Just wild speculation on my part from the filename, of course, but if it's true... I'm gonna miss that guy if the time comes to see him go. *Lowers head in respect*

Not even close.

Anyways, some info on 1.8 I posted elsewhere, which would fit here perfectly;

VP still needs to add a thing or 2 (but he's busy), afterwards installer made and quickly tested (don't want red eclipse or ravager stuff again, though it may slip past of course, the crowd's better at finding stuff than mere me).

All unknown factors

• Like 1

My thoughts:

Taris Traveller - maybe a refugee from the Destruction of Taris, I'm thinking on Nar Shaddaa with the rest of the refugees.

Teammate XP - gives XP to teammates in cases where they should get XP but don't (I know some examples exist, but I can't currently remember them)

Malachor Sith skins - skin changes to the Sith in Trayus Academy

Bao-Dur All Alone - still working on that one...

The ones I haven't said anything about are pretty self-explanatory from the names.

KOTOR loot system was quite good. You'd get a lightsaber in almost every Dark Jedi, or Sith you killed. *SIGH* Those were the good old days.... :cry:

KOTOR1's loot was pre-determined. Fixed.

So you got the same each and every game.

It has it's pro's, it has it's cons. Biggest pro being that vendors actually sold stuff better than what you have...

• Like 1

I've been wanting to play KOTOR 2 for a long while now but I've restrained myself because I fear that the moment I start playing, TSLRCM 1.8 will be out and I would have to start a new game. So I would like to ask when TSLRCM 1.8 will be out?

Another thing I want to ask is:

TSLRCM deals with "restoration" i.e restoration of those parts which were cut off from the game due to time constraints before the original release of the game. Once everything that was cut off is restored, what do you guys plan to do? Do you plan to add additional content to the game that would make the storyline easier to understand, or is "restoration" the only objective of TSLRCM?

Also, is "The Revenge of Revan" going to be a "standalone game" or is it a "mod"? Will it be compatible with TSLRCM in the future? Since RoR adds "additional content" AFTER the original game has been finished, why wouldn't it be compatible with TSLRCM, which deals with content BEFORE game completion?

I've been wanting to play KOTOR 2 for a long while now but I've restrained myself because I fear that the moment I start playing, TSLRCM 1.8 will be out and I would have to start a new game. So I would like to ask when TSLRCM 1.8 will be out?

After May for sure. I still have things to do for TSLRCM, but schoolwork is more important, and I paid too much money to fail these classes.

TSLRCM deals with "restoration" i.e restoration of those parts which were cut off from the game due to time constraints before the original release of the game. Once everything that was cut off is restored, what do you guys plan to do? Do you plan to add additional content to the game that would make the storyline easier to understand, or is "restoration" the only objective of TSLRCM?

TSLRCM's goal is to restore cut content that adds much needed depth to the game. Adding content to make the storyline easier to undrestand... I'm not sure what kind of content would really do that. It is what it is.

And even within the scope of TSLRCM, that's not even all of the cut content. There's still things like the Genoharadan, M4-78, Disciple's holocron quest, and other miscellaneous cut lines.

Also, is "The Revenge of Revan" going to be a "standalone game" or is it a "mod"? Will it be compatible with TSLRCM in the future? Since RoR adds "additional content" AFTER the original game has been finished, why wouldn't it be compatible with TSLRCM, which deals with content BEFORE game completion?

It is a mod, but to install it, you will need a standalone installation. It won't be compatible with TSLRCM because the point of ROR is to transform TSL into a different game.

I found something rather strange in 1.7. Not sure if it's a bug...

When I play Dantooine, after Disciple talked to Admiral (can't remember the name. the avatar is afro-american type), I can see that the Admiral is there in front of Disciple. I can try talking to him, but he will not respond. And during the battle of Khoonda, he will join in to fight. Btw, I play as LS-Male. I thought the Disciple was communicating with Admiral through comp panel...

And there were various empty dialogues here and there (no subtitles, no VO, only the muted character). Didn't really keep track of them, but I remember a few times with Kreia in it...

Language?

He's speaking per holo with Carth or Cede (but without effects they don't use the holo-effect). Though he should definitely be deleted upon convo finish.

I'll try to see if I can do that work for VP, shortening the time required.

Good, then we can count on that!

No promises...

Not listening... Not listening! :P

Taris Traveller - I'm also guessing he's heading to Nar Shaddaa... But I can't think of anything specific.

Teammate XP - Probably just a fix to restore missing XP. Or, maybe you get a bonus with them in your party, or something...

Malachor Sith skins - Perhaps you are adding more variety to the Sith soldiers on Malachor?

Bao-Dur All Alone - Hmmm... Maybe it has to do with his death on the HK factory? Or, perhaps a restored cutscene - somewhere...

Tougher Esok - It hopefully makes him suck less in the game.

HK factory - All the cool additions you have hinted before.

Khoonda battle turret addition - I think you have mentioned it, but you've removed the horrible movie files to replace them with gameplay. Right?

I doubt anyone is going to be able to guess what the "Bao-Dur all alone" folder is... even after release.

Still, it's fun to read the speculations :P

I suppose people would be glad to know that the final 1.8 test run has just started commencing.

And if you are wondering why it's just me doing that instead of just throwing it in the wild for all of you to be guinea pigs;

* Not completely done yet. Still need some stuff from VP, but these are isolated files, no impact on the rest of the game. So they can be tested seperately later. Which helps from me bothering him all the time, with me now occupied...

* Checking for missing/broken fixes or files. Since we do have a tendancy to do that sometimes. If we can prevent the Handmaidens/Red Eclipse/Ravager stuff of earlier versions it would be most welcome.

So while you most likely wont be reading here anymore about new fixes, do know that work is being done!

• Like 1