Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Realizing I should make topics by mods instead of by issue. I have one final problem before I'm able to finalize this mod. I have a custom lightsaber hilt that I made in Blender, but in-game the lightsaber blade shows up "boxy", highlighting the boundary of the blade's box instead of retaining a blade-like shape. I tried comparing it to a new Blender file made with the default saber, but I don't see any obvious differences in the blade. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

20260827172549_1.jpg

20260827172556_1.jpg

dk_txt_exar.tga exarkun_dbl.blend w_lsabreblue01.tga

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Vriff said:

What version of kotorblender and blender were you using?

I'm using Blender 4.0, and I think I'm using KotorBlender 2.1.0

Edited by dodrarikaan
Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2026 at 1:26 PM, dodrarikaan said:

I'm using Blender 4.0, and I think I'm using KotorBlender 2.1.0

That version of kotorblender is many years old, the latest distro is here: https://github.com/OpenKotOR/kotorblender

 

I'm not even sure how you got that version of KOTORBlender, have you had it for years or is there somewhere you downloaded it from? I can only find the OG release and this version.

Edited by Vriff
Posted
42 minutes ago, Vriff said:

That version of kotorblender is many years old, the latest distro is here: https://github.com/OpenKotOR/kotorblender

 

I'm not even sure how you got that version of KOTORBlender, have you had it for years or is there somewhere you downloaded it from? I can only find the OG release and this version.

I downloaded it a couple of years back, so I don't really remember. I'll update my blender and kotorblender versions and see what I can figure out. Thanks, Vriff!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

It's a WiP thread with nary a description of the mod and no mention of the progress either. More information please?

Sorry about that, first time making a WIP thread. This mod will add a new mini-story to the Rakata homeworld in which you have to stop a rogue Sith Lord from acquiring a cache of ancient Infinite Empire weapons so he can overthrow Malak. It includes 3 new areas, a number of unique enemies (including unique trooper armors found in my Sith Soldiers Recolored mod), as well as a large-scale boss battle in which your entire crew will rush to your aid! I'm working with a friend to fix a custom lightsaber hilt that will be one of the big rewards at the end. Once that is done, I will have just a little playtesting left before I am ready to release the mod.

Edited by dodrarikaan
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

It's been pointed out to me that I don't give a lot of details in my WIP threads, so I thought I'd expand on this topic. War on a Nameless World takes place on Lehon. Specifically, it starts on the overlook in the starting area, where a door lies half-buried next to the corpse of a Sith Soldier. The corpse has a datapad which explains the setting: a rogue Sith Lord named Darth Belloq (yes, thats a Raiders reference) has discovered the Trove, a cache of ancient Rakatan weapons that he intends to use to overthrow Malak. The door, of course, leads inside. (I'll be splitting this up into 1 post per area so the screenshots dont get confusing).

start.png

The Trove will use the Tomb of Tulak Hord as a base. Inside the player will battle numerous Sith Soldiers in hopes of reaching the Trove before the Sith. There will be regular Sith Soldiers as well as Red Elite Troopers. I should clarify at this point that I will be using the same trooper types and color schemes as in my Sith Soldiers Recolored mod

Each soldier will drop some low-level gear and an armor that makes them look like the soldier in question. The regular armor isn't very powerful (standard issue and all), and the red armor is decent, but nothing extraordinary. These are the weaker versions of Sith armor, so most of the appeal is being able to look like the soldiers.

Naturally, you reach the Trove only to find it empty. Further exploration of the Trove reveals that hiding underneath a landmine is actually a tunnel leading directly to the Sith Base, implying that this is how they got in. You'll have to follow, of course, to stop Belloq. 

 

trove1.png

trove2.png

trove3.png

trove4.png

sithgear1.png

The Sith Base, much like the Trove, is filled with numerous but relatively weak Sith troopers. In addition to the regular and elite troopers, we have the heavy troopers and grenadiers. Their armors are decent, much like the elite armor, but nothing fancy. After you battle your way around the base, collecting weapons and amor, you will find no sign of Belloq or the Rakata weapons. With no other options, your only way out is the front door. 

base1.png

base2.png

base3.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.