Sign in to follow this  
Atton Rand

[SPOILERS]KOTOR 2 Storyline questions

A few questions regarding the KOTOR 2 STORYLINE-

1. How did T3-M4 and Kreia unite to look for the exile in the first place?

2. Why did the HK-50 unit only make the exile "unconscious" instead of killing him? Was he waiting for the Exchange to turn up?

3. Why was the exile on the Harbinger in the first place?

4. If the Exile had lost his connection with the force, how did he hear Kreia when she called out to him when he was unconscious in the Kolto tank?

5. What was Atton Rand doing at the Peragus mining facility?

EDIT:

6. If the Exile and Kreia share pain, why did the Exile not die in the end although he killed Kreia?

Edited by Atton Rand

1. They didn't. They just happened to use the same means (the Ebon Hawk) to reach the Exile. T3-M4 because it was his ship, Kreia got onboard... somehow

2. Because, yes, Jedi had a bounty on their head. Alive though. As Goto told, some bounty hunters didn't really grasp that and tried to kill you instead (like, say, other HK-50 groups).

3. To return to Republic space, lured out by Atris.

4. (S)He is starting to regain it... as made clear through the game

5. *Most probably* he's the pilot hired to fly the exile out

6. Cut content... Vash explains it...

A few more questions:

7. Could you elaborate on how Atris was responsible for the Exile returning to Republic space?

8. Was the loss of the Exile's connection with the force the result of the degree of destruction and abolition of lives at Malachor V or was it the Jedi who stripped the Exile of the force? Kreia thought it to be the Jedi Masters who stripped the Exile. Was she lying?

9. There is a scene in the Ebon Hawk where Kreia comes out of here "chambers" (LOL) and electrocutes T3-M4, revealing her disgust for machines. What is the significance of this scene?

10. Why does Kreia want the Exile as her student? Perhaps because of the fact that BOTH are Exiles? But there must be another deeper reason that I am overlooking here

7. She leaked information about the Exile to holonet. Thus, Exile became the last known Jedi Knight (others were hiding or dead).

8. Kreia was lying. Exile cut him/herself from the Force to survive at Malachor. When you gather Jedi masters the'll tell you that, and Kreia will confirm.

10. Kreia wants Exile as student because Exile is the only one who stripped him/her connection to the Force so completely, that it leaft a wound in the Force. Exile was a living proof of her theory that it is possible to live without the Force.

7. She leaked information about the Exile to holonet. Thus, Exile became the last known Jedi Knight (others were hiding or dead).

What holonet? What was the Exile's motive of returning? And why was the Republic offering transport to the Exile?

What holonet? What was the Exile's motive of returning? And why was the Republic offering transport to the Exile?

Well, Atris was the one who orchestrated the return of the Exile, because she wanted to make the Sith reveal themsleves by hunting the last of the Jedi.

The Republic offered transport to the Exile because it was an order issued by Carth Onasi who wanted to find out what happened to Revan from the Exile.

11. Why did Visquis betray Goto? What did the Jedi have to do with this?

12. Why did Goto want Jedis and Siths ALIVE? Why did he asks the Bounty hunters not to harm the exile?

11. Power. And the only way to kill Goto was to deliver a Jedi, maybe then he would show himself instead of just a holo (unlock Goto's backstory to learn, Visquis plan would fail).

12. Because only they could preserve the Republic.

maybe then he would show himself instead of just a holo

So Visquis and Hanharr planned to kill Goto once he showed up in front of the Jedi?

Because only they could preserve the Republic.

Then why put a bounty on them?

13. Hanharr had many chances to kill Mira but was pledged to her because she saves his life once although she didn't want his life pledge. So what did Hanharr actually want to do? Did he want to kill her or not? If yes, why didn't he kill her?

So Visquis and Hanharr planned to kill Goto once he showed up in front of the Jedi?

Most likely, but they had no idea that he was a droid.

Then why put a bounty on them?

Simple. To find them, and have them forced to meet with him. He just couldn't count on the bounty hunters not caring very much if they brought back a corpse, as opposed to a Live Jedi, as the posting would've suggested. It doesn't help that there was also a reward if one did bring them back dead, or so it seems.

13. Hanharr had many chances to kill Mira but was pledged to her because she saves his life once although she didn't want his life pledge. So what did Hanharr actually want to do? Did he want to kill her or not? If yes, why didn't he kill her?

Don't quote me on this, because I've probably read the question wrong, but I do believe that I recently got Mira to explain it. Apparently Wookie culture is very strict, and life-debts must be fulfilled. Hanharr wanted to kill her, but couldn't because of that culture.

6. Cut content... Vash explains it...

But Vash was found dead at Korriban, so can you tell me why the Exile didn't die?

14. There are different concepts which explain how the Exile lost his connection to the Force:

1. The Jedi Masters cut him off from the Force (This one is wrong)

2. The activation of the Mass Shadow Generator led to the loss of so many lives that Exile became deaf to the Force

3. The Exile CUT HIMSELF OFF from the force (due to some unknown reason?)

So my question is, which one do you thing best explains the loss of the Exile's connection to the Force?

15. The Jedi Masters and the Exile had gathered at Dantooine, wasn't Nihilius supposed to sense this and attack Dantooine? He attacked Telos because Colonel Tobin told him that there was a Jedi Academy on Telos but surely Nihilius should've sensed the gathering on Dantooine?

16. The Jedi Masters say that Nihilius feeds on Force sensitives and later blame the Exile for doing the same. Is there no difference between what Nihilius does and what the Exile does? How does the Exile exactly "feed" on others and how is this harmful?

17. Why did the Jedi Masters cut the exile off from the Force after the meeting at Dantooine?

I noticed that the when the Exile met them on their respective planets, Jedi Masters like Zez-Kai-Ell and Kavar (Zez-Kai-Ell especially) regretted their decision to cast out the Exile. Zez-Kai-Ell talks about the failures of the Jedi Teachings and the Jedi Code and I thought that these guys finally realized their mistake but once we return to Dantooine, they act like as if everything is the Exile's fault and once again they act as if they're perfect or something.

14. There are different concepts which explain how the Exile lost his connection to the Force:

1. The Jedi Masters cut him off from the Force (This one is wrong)

2. The activation of the Mass Shadow Generator led to the loss of so many lives that Exile became deaf to the Force

3. The Exile CUT HIMSELF OFF from the force (due to some unknown reason?)

So my question is, which one do you thing best explains the loss of the Exile's connection to the Force?

It's a mix of 2 and 3. Activation of MSG led to thousands of deaths, and Exile felt them very strongly, almost physically (because of her ability to form bonds). So she CUT HERSELF OFF to survive.

15. The Jedi Masters and the Exile had gathered at Dantooine, wasn't Nihilius supposed to sense this and attack Dantooine? He attacked Telos because Colonel Tobin told him that there was a Jedi Academy on Telos but surely Nihilius should've sensed the gathering on Dantooine?

Vrook explains that it's difficult to feel the Force user there, because Dantooine was destoyed by Malak (it's destuction left a lot of echoes in the Force).

But why do they cut the Exile off from the Force? How does he actually feed on Force sensitives? Is he any different from Nihilius?

You have played the game, have you?

Most of these questions are answered ingame after all. Right there in the Master meeting infact for the last few...

• Like 1

I have played the game but I couldn't understand many things and those things I have posted here. I tried looking up stuff on Wookiepedia but it didn't help. Please answer my questions.

Vrook to Exile on Dantooine:

"Somehow they [the Sith] have learned their hunger from you"

But I thought that they had learned all this from the Sith teachings in the Trayus Academy? Why does Vrook think that the Exile educated the Sith in feeding on the Force from others?

And I think the Masters tried to cut the Exile from the Force on Dantooine because they feared that if he fell to the Dark side, he too will become like Nihilius in order to satisfy his hunger. Am I right?

Another thing I want to understand is, Nihilius learned to feed on other Force sensitives from the Sith teachings, but where did the Exile learn to do this? The Masters call him the "Death of the Force" even though he has not caused any harm. The Exile simply motivates others to stand with him and fight alongside him. He influences their decisions but where does he *FEED* on others?

The Exile doesn't consciously feed on others, whereas Nihilus chooses who to feed on and to what extent their minds are destroyed by this. The Masters wanted to cut the Exile off from the Force because that constant feeding would (I think) drain the Force to the point of its death.

There are two different kinds of feeding on the Force here: Nihilus' breaking his victims, and the Exile's bending them. I think the Exile can do this because she always formed Force bonds easily, and after being deafened to the Force, took the Force from others for her own strength. Nihilus' power was also born of Malachor, but instead of choosing the non-destructive means of satisfying his hunger by subconsciously manipulating those around him, he simply dominated their minds entirely (if you've read the Thrawn Trilogy, it's like what C'Baoth did to General Covell in The Last Command).

Hmm funny, I always thought the exile feeding on others had explained the simple mechanism by which the game works - killing(feeding on others) = exp = lvl up = power up.

• Like 1

Pretty much so.

But it's also a danger to the Force, the techniques the Exile, Nihilus and Sith Assassins knew.

And Kreia knew it needed to be ended...