Sign in to follow this  
CapitaineSpoque

[WIP] ZobiZob's playground

Hi everyone ! 👋

I started modding 9 months ago and felt like creating a topic to centralise all my humble wip stuff. For extra context, i didnt have a single clue about code or the game files back then. Thx to the whole community tho, i'm getting better and better each days. I have several projects ongoing (maybe a bit too much than i can chew 😄), so it won't be centered around something in particular, but at least you can see what a beginner can perform with basic knowledge. 

Hand to hand combat

Spoiler

So i was messing around with the g_w_crslash items from creatures. They are used in game to deal some damages, and they are tied to rows outside of classic items just like the "hide" items from HK47. It seems that, if equipped to a classic character, the damages will only apply if the character is bare handed. This is great, it could give some place for hand to hand combat and make it something actually viable. So it is totally possible to script something to tie the item to the player, i'd love to add a feat so it could tell the players the damages and effect (they are not displayed in the ui).

EDIT = So here is how i pulled this out :

A script to create the object in both left and right hand hidden creature slots

Add a row to my feat.2da

A creature slashing base item with the desired properties (here, d4 physical damages and Bonus Feat "Unarmed")

So when the item gets equipped through scripting, there is a feat to tell the damages (not displayed in the UI otherwise). You can check the wip here :

Unarmed combat feat test

Trying to bring Bao Dur arm and alien heads to models to see how it goes, wanna introduce some kind of jedi war veteran to the jedi temple to get some training here.

1943441787_Sanstitre2.jpg.9ba17e47036bdaf85771d187982c7975.jpg

Alien Heads :

Spoiler

You know of Duros Armed and Ready. The idea is to get the alien head separated from the full model to get the armor and clothes customization. I tried several time to pull this out, however i think i'm very close this time !

Rodian head test
Sullustan head test

Back in the days Iniry made a mod to bring a playable zabrak skin + zabrak horns to the game. I figured i would try to make dedicated head models with horns matching the textures. There are some reskins done for Inyri mod so i figured i would pack the extra variants too. Would be used to make zabrak npcs through the game with some extracted alien TOR voice lines.
Zabrak head test.

I have got a Nikto WIP head, works ok with light armor bodies but lot of clipping for heavy armor.

If anyone wishes to help me correcting the few animations glitches i have, the major one is that whenever the rodian moves and stop, his head slightly get back to position, not uber noticeable but it could be fixed. I think it might be because of my head geometry position compared to the cutscenedummy, i need to check this out.

SO nvm, it was because i kept the vanilla animations for the head, but the supermodel for the body does not match the idle animations from the alien species for instance (but necessary for the rodian antena to move). Gotta check : if i can scrap their body separately (should not be a problem), if i can port the alien animations to a human body model.

Kotor Cinematography Overhaul :

Spoiler

A mod to make Kotor feels even more like a movie, using and editing HD footage created by the community over the years. The first iteration is here : Nexus mod link.

There is a lot of room for improval : 

•  Add the cinematic black bars for the trailer (ps5 footage)
  • Compress the file size
  • Bring the footages to most resolutions (from 1080p to 4K if possible)
  • Improve quality with better files (already got the upscaled cutscenes from Naelavok recently, and i need to better convert bik files)
  • Add new cutscenes, one new cutscene is in project atm for Unknown arrival that you can check here : Youtube link. (Still need to get rid of some audio pop and cracks).

Taris upper city fast travel :

Spoiler

EDIT

Released as a mod ! 

You can see the video here Taris fast travel !

However, there is still a lot of improvment visually. LoneWanderer is working on the model aswell for TSL and gave me useful tips.

Deployable turret item :

Spoiler

A single use item that would spawn a turret npc. I'd like to make it spawn in front of the player and use the mine landing animation. 
Turret test youtube link.

Resized beast models :

Spoiler

Trying to get my hand on modeling/animations, so i tried to resize some creature. Would like to make them Ritual beast/Kinrath hive replacement, and also add a new Elder Tukata unit the size of a Horn kath hound.

Resize test youtube link.

Explosive script :

Spoiler

An idea i had was replicating the effect from grenades/mines, but upon bashing environment, remotely controlling it, or fired when a creature die. Just to add an extra layer of decision making with the environment and npc combat. Thx to darthparametric who corrected the code it works pretty good now, even tho it needs polish here and there. 
Explosive test youtube link.

New blaster type/color/sounds :

Spoiler

I want to bring more variety to the sandbox for kotor using the attribute damage property on hit. I want to bring Ice type blaster that deals frost + damage the strength, fire type that deals fire + damage the cons, electrical (hold out replacement) that deals electrical + damage the wisdom and finally poison blasters that deals low physical dmg and poison the target. Along the way i wanted to bring them special sounds and colors for gameplay clarity. Iniryforge allowed me to use her awesome weapon models in the future, i fixed their shadows, size and icons so they will be the unique models dedicated to each class. Not done yet at all but you can check the first test inspired by Jc carter sound effect and visual effect mod : Sound and color test youtube link.

Manaan underwater panel texture test :

Spoiler

2043842862_Sanstitre1.jpg.9ca612973348cc74c5a72d95877533b8.jpg

Lego Star Wars models

Spoiler

169216868_Sanstitre2.jpg.ac07766f351b9dad3856034557cd316a.jpg

Wookie bandolier item/disguise :

Spoiler

1466386248_Sanstitre4.jpg.91424d3a793fbcc8384bdfe77c957267.jpg

Non-jedi prestige class

Spoiler

So i heard there was no way to add new jedi/spellcaster class, however you can edit a lot of stuff from the basic classes and bring new ones. Also, jedi classes are literally overpowered, it would help non jedi character shine a little bit more. My first attempt for this is to give Carth a unique class. He is now a pilot, he has every advantages from the soldier class, but get an additionnal skill point per level and has access to the scout skill table. A way to make him stand out. Here is my current mod Carth is a pilot mod.

1981517616_Sanstitre3.jpg.a82a4c72f9455c7f955dc93a28948bd0.jpg1919515150_Sanstitre4.jpg.c433b26deca76a091e037ad99082866e.jpg

T3-M4 is a Workbench

Spoiler

A very basic dialog edit and script. At first i wanted to correct my T3 dialog file, because i had mods that edited T3 file, i figured i would make him a Workbench aswell. Seeing the compatibilities problem, i fixed it partially between 2 mods im using.

T3 is a workbench + Compatibility dialogs fix

T3-M4 shock arms

Spoiler

My own take on TSL item. Im learning how to script a bit more. With this one i tried playing around with a fortitude save, and some if and else / conditionals. It helps me understand how to use the 2DAMEMORY with tslpatcher and how to properly install everything related to 2da. I really wish i had something else for the icons, they feel really cheap atm ! 

T3 shock arms

I have some nice stuff going on, everything is WIP and not close to any release yet. I'm playing around a lot with the game. Things like varied music for levels using TSL musics, TSL model ports, custom npc models using masks/armor pieces, new modules, fightable rancor encounters on Taris and much more ... I can't wait to pack the stuff into standalones and release it. Atm nothing yet, i'm going with the flow 🥳

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2024 at 6:59 PM, CapitaineSpoque said:

Hi everyone ! 👋

I started modding 9 months ago and felt like creating a topic to centralise all my humble wip stuff. For extra context, i didnt have a single clue about code or the game files back then. Thx to the whole community tho, i'm getting better and better each days. I have several projects ongoing (maybe a bit too much than i can chew 😄), so it won't be centered around something in particular, but at least you can see what a beginner can perform with basic knowledge. 

Welcome to the club, and from what I can see you've already advanced in areas in 9 months that I haven't in almost 9 years :laughing:

Taris upper city fast travel :

Hide contents

I'd like to introduce this to get rid of some useless walking time in upper city. Idk if i should sell a pass to get access to the transit system, or make it cost a few credits.

Taxi test youtube link.

A low poly model i found on sketchfab for the space cab.

724446399_Sanstitre2.jpg.e0bc8c60bd8fececf44bf97f4002b9c9.jpg

314789057_Sanstitre1.jpg.673ee5e02de9cbb7166d8bfcd09215eb.jpg

I'm not sure if you're the same guy I told this to on Discord, but are you aware of the "Swoop Droid"? Not the one that spawns on the Ebon Hawk on the Xbox, but the actual Swoop Droid that was fully voiced and has leftover VO in the game files. Maybe you can use the VO to your advantage here.

Deployable turret item :

Hide contents

A single use item that would spawn a turret npc. I'd like to make it spawn in front of the player and use the mine landing animation. 
Turret test youtube link.

I hope you add an option to pick up the turret once you're done with it, and maybe a limit too so the player doesn't just add a thousand turrets to kill a boss. Maybe have it so that you place one down, you lose the turret item, you can speak to the turret out of combat, you pick the dialogue option to "Pick it up", it removes the turret NPC and you gain the turret item again.

Resized beast models :

Hide contents

Trying to get my hand on modeling/animations, so i tried to resize some creature. Would like to make them Ritual beast/Kinrath hive replacement, and also add a new Elder Tukata unit the size of a Horn kath hound.

Resize test youtube link.

Now that is an interesting concept. You might want to adjust the Ritual Beast camera so it shows the enlarged Terentatek.

Explosive script :

Hide contents

An idea i had was replicating the effect from grenades/mines, but upon bashing environment, remotely controlling it, or fired when a creature die. Just to add an extra layer of decision making with the environment and npc combat. Thx to darthparametric who corrected the code it works pretty good now, even tho it needs polish here and there. 
Explosive test youtube link.

Now that might be a fun thing to add randomly throughout the game, depending on whether or not it makes sense for something to explode. Maybe you can lock one of the grenade footlockers and if you bash it it explodes.

Zabrak Head models :

Hide contents

Back in the days Iniry made a mod to bring a playable zabrak skin + zabrak horns to the game. I figured i would try to make dedicated head models with horns matching the textures. There are some reskins done for Inyri mod so i figured i would pack the extra variants too. Would be used to make zabrak npcs through the game with some extracted alien TOR voice lines.
Zabrak head test.

So I was personally was going to do this for an alien NPC mod I have planned, the install would be modular meaning you could hypothetically install Zabraks and no other species.

But unlike your mod, I was going to use reskins of Bao-Dur's head and I was going to have them strategically replace pre-existing NPCs in the game. For example, the Exchange Debt Collector in the Lower City or one of the Bounty Hunters in Zax's office who I'd deck out in Zabrak gear, this way the Zabraks would speak English and wouldn't need any TOR Zabrak lines.

Are you planning on merging Inyri's horn mask item with the head model itself? If you are would you consider making some female Zabraks as well?

Manaan underwater panel texture test :

Hide contents

2043842862_Sanstitre1.jpg.9ca612973348cc74c5a72d95877533b8.jpg

I like that, but my only concern is that you may have to make multiple versions for different screen resolutions.

Lego Star Wars models

Hide contents

169216868_Sanstitre2.jpg.ac07766f351b9dad3856034557cd316a.jpg

Cursed!

Wookie bandolier item/disguise :

Hide contents

1466386248_Sanstitre4.jpg.91424d3a793fbcc8384bdfe77c957267.jpg

I do like the idea of this! What sort of stats do you have in mind for the bandoliers? How many bandoliers do you plan to have? Is it possible to have the bandoliers be equipable in the armor slot?

custom npc models using masks/armor pieces

So... like merging Davik's head with his visor so you can see him wearing his mask for example?

fightable rancor encounters on Taris

This one sounds dubious to me, though I'm sure what you have in mind for this mod idea is better than what I'm imaging.

On 9/23/2024 at 6:59 PM, CapitaineSpoque said:

I can't wait to pack the stuff into standalones and release it. Atm nothing yet, i'm going with the flow 🥳

urny69yvdw5k5et1xp0l.jpg

• Light Side Points 1

6 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Welcome to the club, and from what I can see you've already advanced in areas in 9 months that I haven't in almost 9 years :laughing:

Ty ☺️

I'm not sure if you're the same guy I told this to on Discord, but are you aware of the "Swoop Droid"? Not the one that spawns on the Ebon Hawk on the Xbox, but the actual Swoop Droid that was fully voiced and has leftover VO in the game files. Maybe you can use the VO to your advantage here.

I think i didn't know that, nice tip !

I hope you add an option to pick up the turret once you're done with it, and maybe a limit too so the player doesn't just add a thousand turrets to kill a boss. Maybe have it so that you place one down, you lose the turret item, you can speak to the turret out of combat, you pick the dialogue option to "Pick it up", it removes the turret NPC and you gain the turret item again.

Absolutely ! I also had an idea to do the same thing for placeables (wanted to do a bit of Housing inside the Ebon Hawk), but judging by how badly AI reacts to geometry with their pathfinding, i dropped the placeable idea. I think a smart player could create some weird interactions to break encounters. It definitely needs to be balanced around this fact (and not to lock the player in areas ofc) 👍

Now that is an interesting concept. You might want to adjust the Ritual Beast camera so it shows the enlarged Terentatek.

Indeed. I need to fix a bit the animations too, maybe get rid of the animations and tie it to the basic model as a supermodel. Idk why the Kinrath one is especially hard to play around compared to the tukata one which works perfectly. Anyway, maybe i'm just still a bit unskilled tbh :D 

Now that might be a fun thing to add randomly throughout the game, depending on whether or not it makes sense for something to explode. Maybe you can lock one of the grenade footlockers and if you bash it it explodes.

Originally, i wanted to add a new placeable (something like a futuristic gaz/generator), but due to the placeables limitation in K1, i dropped this idea. I think it is possible to add an animated spark placeable from the base game, so i could tie this spark to a desired placeable and make it an "unstable something". Swoop engines could fit too. 

Your idea with the grenades is pretty cool ! However atm the way my script works is OnDeath from the placeable. I wonder if i could make it so the script plays, but does not delete the footlocker while also deleting some of the items inside the footlocker ? Which leads me to an interesting track : Editing each bashable locker from the base game to replicate the bashing mechanic from k2.

It would be cool to randomize as much as possible the effect, to make each playthrough more unique. I need to get my hand on how to randomize stuff through scripting, with my actual items rework and stuff it makes it too much of a linear experience (as i edit what is contained inside the placeables). Anyway, another idea ^^

So I was personally was going to do this for an alien NPC mod I have planned, the install would be modular meaning you could hypothetically install Zabraks and no other species.

But unlike your mod, I was going to use reskins of Bao-Dur's head and I was going to have them strategically replace pre-existing NPCs in the game. For example, the Exchange Debt Collector in the Lower City or one of the Bounty Hunters in Zax's office who I'd deck out in Zabrak gear, this way the Zabraks would speak English and wouldn't need any TOR Zabrak lines.

Are you planning on merging Inyri's horn mask item with the head model itself? If you are would you consider making some female Zabraks as well?

I was thinking about replacing some human npcs to get some human voicelines too, just did not know which one to replace yet. I tried importing Bao Dur's head aswell, but i couldnt get around his lips being constantly open, and when i was about to fix it i messed up with his eyes/eyelids and ragequited 😅

that's exactly the plan, i made it so the horns mesh better with the texture, so maul has got his own set of horns, same for some of the texture variants i displayed. I wanted to do it for females aswell, but i didnt find a good quality reskin for one of the female heads. There was one but it was kinda poor. I'd love to bring female zabraks too, just dont have any good texture yet. If you have one i could do this :) 

I like that, but my only concern is that you may have to make multiple versions for different screen resolutions.

Interesting to know !

Cursed!

Id like to introduce a Rodian seller in upper city which sells kind of touristic items, like sunglasses, mp3 player, and i figured i would pack the lego items aswell as "toys". The lightsaber would do toy sound effects, deal 1 single point of damage, same for a lego blaster i got in store. Another idea i have in mind but needs a good execution. Maybe make a playable lego character could be fun too. I like curse 😈

I do like the idea of this! What sort of stats do you have in mind for the bandoliers? How many bandoliers do you plan to have? Is it possible to have the bandoliers be equipable in the armor slot?

A single point in defense atm, there is room for other variations but i only have 1 atm. Idk how multiple disguise interact with one another when equipped (armbands here). Idk if it is possible at all, but it could make things easier i guess. 

So... like merging Davik's head with his visor so you can see him wearing his mask for example?

Indeed, twitch could get his own visor too on Taris, bring some npc diversity.

This one sounds dubious to me, though I'm sure what you have in mind for this mod idea is better than what I'm imaging.

I recorded a quick showcase of my wip even tho it needs a lot of polish especially regarding scripts (maybe turn the rakghouls from neutral to enemies upon destroying the cages and give them sleep animation ?), atm i wanted them to walk toward the corpse pile to attract the rancor but they do not seem to move yet Rancor concept

Why tweaking the rancor encounter in the first place ?

To me, the synthesized odor plot is way too easy, it feels cheap to one shot the big boy with very low and linear decision making. Same thing if you want to kill him, he has instakill claws, and you gotta lay 10+ mines which feels equally as cheap as the first solution. This encounter provides only 2 different options and personnaly, i think this encounter deserves to be way more impactful.

How to provide more layer for clever decision making ?

- Modifying the odor plot. The datapad will now be found among the corpses (not in the corridor). The datapad will hint that the beks came with the synthesized odor to kill the rancor. A new journal entry will trigger with something like "The bag containing the odor must be somewhere". I laid out 2 destructible junkspeeder where you could previously walk to shoot the rancor for free (he cannot go there in vanilla while you can). Under 1 of these speeders there is the synthesized odor. So now, for the "easy way", you have to keep the rancor busy while bashing the area looking for the odor. IMO, way better than just grabing the thing for free and get rid of the big boy without any gameplay whatsoever.

- Add new layers of depth :

-> The factions have been edited and corrected in this area, meaning the gamorreans, the rakghouls and the rancor have their own standard faction and will fight each other. If you're good enough, you can bait some of the creatures from the level into the rancor's lair.

-> Caged rakghouls are now displayed in the lair, you can free them by destroying their cage. If you do so at range, they will not attack you directly but walk toward the rancor (which give you extra time to bash the speeder)

-> Some broken droids can be repaired in the area to assist you (but they each have a permanently damaged part : 1 cannot move, 1 is more fragile, the other one cannot shot, and so on, so you have to pick which one you wanna use)

-> I'd love to introduce a "slave" npc with some basic lines, that you can free or not and that can help you. 

-> I'd like to create iterative damage so maybe you can set a zone on fire or something and make the rancor walk inside it to damage him over time ?

Also, the stats for the Rancor have been adjusted so he does not instakill anymore but deals something like 40 physical damages and he regenerates a lot over time also which incentivize player to go all in to take him down. He has got some nice resistance so you can no longer os him with mines, but he's vulnerable to sonic. Also i want to make it so if you kill him yourself without the odor, you get a nice trophy that sells for 1K credits or sth.

A long answer but maybe you can better see what i was intending to do. 

8 hours ago, CapitaineSpoque said:

Anyway, maybe i'm just still a bit unskilled tbh :D 

You'll get there if you keep at it.

I think it is possible to add an animated spark placeable from the base game, so i could tie this spark to a desired placeable and make it an "unstable something". Swoop engines could fit too. 

The animated spark I think is a placeable in its own right, though if that doesn't work there might be a spark VFX effect that could be applied to the placeable.

Your idea with the grenades is pretty cool ! However atm the way my script works is OnDeath from the placeable. I wonder if i could make it so the script plays, but does not delete the footlocker while also deleting some of the items inside the footlocker ? Which leads me to an interesting track : Editing each bashable locker from the base game to replicate the bashing mechanic from k2.

Either I'm confused, or you're confused. I'll re-explain my idea so the core concept sticks - the grenades would be inside the Footlocker, if you used security you would be able to obtain the grenades, if you instead bash the footlocker and took its HP to 0 it would, upon "death", explode and the Footlocker would be deleted... it does that because it is the "grenades" inside the Footlocker exploding.

I was thinking about replacing some human npcs to get some human voicelines too, just did not know which one to replace yet. I tried importing Bao Dur's head aswell, but i couldnt get around his lips being constantly open, and when i was about to fix it i messed up with his eyes/eyelids and ragequited 😅

Admittedly, I didn't even bother fixing the open mouth bug. I've ported other hands and I'd get that same bug except it's graphically worse and the lips don't move at all, since Bao-Dur's lips do move that was enough to satisfy me.

that's exactly the plan, i made it so the horns mesh better with the texture, so maul has got his own set of horns, same for some of the texture variants i displayed. I wanted to do it for females aswell, but i didnt find a good quality reskin for one of the female heads. There was one but it was kinda poor. I'd love to bring female zabraks too, just dont have any good texture yet. If you have one i could do this :) 

I think you should first look into a bald female head, the best one in the game is PFHC05. All you'd need to do is chop off her ponytail, reskin the shaven hair bits and, in your case, apply the horns.

Id like to introduce a Rodian seller in upper city which sells kind of touristic items, like sunglasses, mp3 player, and i figured i would pack the lego items aswell as "toys". The lightsaber would do toy sound effects, deal 1 single point of damage, same for a lego blaster i got in store. Another idea i have in mind but needs a good execution. Maybe make a playable lego character could be fun too. I like curse 😈

A single point in defense atm, there is room for other variations but i only have 1 atm. Idk how multiple disguise interact with one another when equipped (armbands here). Idk if it is possible at all, but it could make things easier i guess. 

That could work, actually.

Indeed, twitch could get his own visor too on Taris, bring some npc diversity.

That may cause more trouble then you think if you're thinking of giving Twitch a mask.

It'd be incompatible with High Quality Rodians and it could be incompatible with mods like Effixan's Arena mod or Galaxy of Faces that gives him a unique appearance.

Not to mention a full face mask wouldn't work, a visor over the eyes probably wouldn't work and I doubt a Neural Band type mask would work with all of his animations. Plus, even if it did work how do you know the mask won't be gigantic in comparison to the little Rodian head? (Though I suppose you could just shrink it if your beast mod is anything to go by.)

But generic human NPCs, Twi'leks and possibly even Duros are PRIME real estate for this.

I'm not sure if you knew but there's a bug in the game engine where if an NPC is wearing a mask and a player is wearing a mask then the NPC's mask will be rendered invisible. This bug can only be prevented if the mask model is physically merged with the head model in question, so for example Davik's head would have his visor on it as part of his head model and not as a seperate model like it works with the players (It would be possible to set it up so that Davik's 1st encounter uses his normal head and his hangar encounter uses his visor head).

2 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Either I'm confused, or you're confused. I'll re-explain my idea so the core concept sticks - the grenades would be inside the Footlocker, if you used security you would be able to obtain the grenades, if you instead bash the footlocker and took its HP to 0 it would, upon "death", explode and the Footlocker would be deleted... it does that because it is the "grenades" inside the Footlocker exploding.

I got ahead of myself. You're right for the grenade footlocker. Tho im gonna experiment some scripts around "OnUnlock", "OnOpen" and stuff to see if i can come close to K2 bash system.

Admittedly, I didn't even bother fixing the open mouth bug. I've ported other hands and I'd get that same bug except it's graphically worse and the lips don't move at all, since Bao-Dur's lips do move that was enough to satisfy me.

Fair enough, tho i totally believe its fixable. I was so close, if someday i'm back at it i could pull it out. I'd have to check if it does not create other problem through conversation tho.

I think you should first look into a bald female head, the best one in the game is PFHC05. All you'd need to do is chop off her ponytail, reskin the shaven hair bits and, in your case, apply the horns.

Ye i need to get the texturing part. Atm im only editing preexisting ones.

That may cause more trouble then you think if you're thinking of giving Twitch a mask.

It'd be incompatible with High Quality Rodians and it could be incompatible with mods like Effixan's Arena mod or Galaxy of Faces that gives him a unique appearance.

Not to mention a full face mask wouldn't work, a visor over the eyes probably wouldn't work and I doubt a Neural Band type mask would work with all of his animations. Plus, even if it did work how do you know the mask won't be gigantic in comparison to the little Rodian head? (Though I suppose you could just shrink it if your beast mod is anything to go by.)

But generic human NPCs, Twi'leks and possibly even Duros are PRIME real estate for this.

I'm not sure if you knew but there's a bug in the game engine where if an NPC is wearing a mask and a player is wearing a mask then the NPC's mask will be rendered invisible. This bug can only be prevented if the mask model is physically merged with the head model in question, so for example Davik's head would have his visor on it as part of his head model and not as a seperate model like it works with the players (It would be possible to set it up so that Davik's 1st encounter uses his normal head and his hangar encounter uses his visor head).

Well, i already did and it works well atm. I just renamed the geometry for the objects i tied to his head. I manually adjusted the size and stuff, it works with his animation because it is tied to his head. The textures from the visor remains the same as vanilla. I have a reskin for him i think, but i could make it so the texture applied to twitch remains the same as vanilla (for any visual remake). I'll have to check with a different appearance row and the duel arena mod.

The only thing is that LoneWanderer told me there was lot of memory leaks for kotor, so i need to be careful about models bearing multiple textures, long playtime = gamecrash, especially with the uber HQ textures we got now.

You can check the twitch model

Spoiler

1794965171_Sanstitre10.jpg.f5dfa28bfeab3178826a41d6e1525be3.jpg

Regarding mod compatibilities, i'll try my best. Not easy to make "anything" compatible. But simply editing the appearance row would be ok right ?

I saw a few of your vids before this topic was made, mainly your explosive script test.

That terentatek mod is perfect at 1.5X. That should be their canon size should have been, I think or close to it. They're not able to take on full grown Rancors but they definitely should be a little bigger than the Rancor youth. That camera view for it on Kashyyyk is also perfect. No model clipping with the angles but it's super close to its open jaw while it roars, a really cool shot!

I'd eagerly await a mod for a 1.5x resize version of it. 

Everything else is incredibly cool and/or a really impressive start to something potentially great. Keep it up

• Light Side Points 1

17 hours ago, CapitaineSpoque said:

Ye i need to get the texturing part. Atm im only editing preexisting ones.

So you'd have a model you can show as a proof of concept?

The only thing is that LoneWanderer told me there was lot of memory leaks for kotor, so i need to be careful about models bearing multiple textures, long playtime = gamecrash, especially with the uber HQ textures we got now.

So you've merged two models into one (the Rodian and mask model) but it uses two different textures? I know some other mods that do similar things do it so that it uses one texture with one on the left and the other texture on the right.

JC's Czerka mod has a Czerka Rodian that merges the Rodian animations, Rodian hands and Rodian head to a Czerka body model and it handles the texture by having a Rodian on the left side of the texture and a Czerka texture on the right (or vice versa, but you get the idea).

DP's Scoundrel Clothes with Scout legs uses a similar method.

This might prevent any memory leak related issues if you can replicate this. 

You can check the twitch model

Hide contents

1794965171_Sanstitre10.jpg.f5dfa28bfeab3178826a41d6e1525be3.jpg

Regarding mod compatibilities, i'll try my best. Not easy to make "anything" compatible. But simply editing the appearance row would be ok right ?

I have given you a list of reasons as to why it can't be done, and yet you've tossed my reasons out the window and demonstrated that I should've kept my mouth shut.

Those are amazing results! If you check Effix's distribution note on the main page, you'll see that he said "You can use the files from this mod in your own mod if you simply credit me". So that means, as long as you give credit to Effix as the original maker of the skin, you can outright use that skin in a "Twitch mod" that has the visor. I've done so myself for my Galaxy of Faces mod for compatibility reasons.

5 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

So you'd have a model you can show as a proof of concept?

Not yet, i had one but i think i deleted it. I took the bald Rataki head from a redrob mod i think at the time. I'm really moving from one thing to another atm, its not a very long thing to do tho if you want the model as a ressource.

This might prevent any memory leak related issues if you can replicate this. 

Thank for the insights im gonna look into this !

So that means, as long as you give credit to Effix as the original maker of the skin, you can outright use that skin in a "Twitch mod" that has the visor. I've done so myself for my Galaxy of Faces mod for compatibility reasons.

Absolutely ! Another project i have in mind, aside from video modding tutorials, would be complete showcases from the best mods out there, with some tips about installations/incompatibilities and stuff. Idk much about mod builds made out there, or even mod installers, i kinda fell into the rabbit hole to find any little gem and do things by myself (ended up modding myself lmao), so is it really useful or not to do these kind of videos im not sure.

Kel Dor jedi general test

Kel Dor model from modder's ressource, jedi general texture from an old mod (i can find the link back i think)

So, as i want to give melee feats through scripting, i figured it would be cool to have some kind of "trainer(s)". I needed an alien, i figured a KelDor would do good for diversity. As a concept, he is a veteran from the mandalorian wars (hence the bao dur arm), teach the player about some "a jedi remains a jedi without his lightsaber" stuff, some lore about Malachor would be fancy. He would be on Dantooine somewhere with some students. Idk what could happend to him after Dantooine is bombed, maybe he flees to Manaan with some padawans. 

It would be incredible to have him as a recruitable character, however the bao dur arm wont fit for this unfortunately. I wish i could blend the bao dur arm texture with the armor/clothing textures.

12 hours ago, CapitaineSpoque said:

Kel Dor jedi general test

Kel Dor model from modder's ressource, jedi general texture from an old mod (i can find the link back i think)

So, as i want to give melee feats through scripting, i figured it would be cool to have some kind of "trainer(s)". I needed an alien, i figured a KelDor would do good for diversity. As a concept, he is a veteran from the mandalorian wars (hence the bao dur arm), teach the player about some "a jedi remains a jedi without his lightsaber" stuff, some lore about Malachor would be fancy. He would be on Dantooine somewhere with some students. Idk what could happend to him after Dantooine is bombed, maybe he flees to Manaan with some padawans. 

It would be incredible to have him as a recruitable character, however the bao dur arm wont fit for this unfortunately. I wish i could blend the bao dur arm texture with the armor/clothing textures.

If that's DP's Kel Dor modder's resource, I do believe the head has a few problems when speaking to it as an NPC hence why it was released as a player head mod.

I don't quote me on this, but @DarthParametric has said in the past that he might release the ported TOR Kel Dor head from his Jedi Diversity on the Star Forge mod as a modder's resource to replace the old modder's resource at some point. Though when, or if, it's released is entirely when DP feels like it.

On 10/1/2024 at 4:54 AM, N-DReW25 said:

If that's DP's Kel Dor modder's resource, I do believe the head has a few problems when speaking to it as an NPC hence why it was released as a player head mod.

I don't quote me on this, but @DarthParametric has said in the past that he might release the ported TOR Kel Dor head from his Jedi Diversity on the Star Forge mod as a modder's resource to replace the old modder's resource at some point. Though when, or if, it's released is entirely when DP feels like it.

Ye ik something was not right with the jaw weight or something, tbh i didnt test this out extensively. I could strip the head manually from the diversity mod, or manually "fix" the animations, gonna ask DP at some point after some proper play test. Ty for pointing this out.

EDIT

• So i tried to fix the jaw / respiratory mask animation, using skin weight. I didnt manage to do anything good. It is okay without the animation, but even a very slight movment would be welcome tho. 
  • I figured out how to edit uv maps, mostly looking at DarthParametric's Kel Dor ressource. So now i can blend the bao dur arm + the separate model into a single texture. So it shoud cause less memory leaks, and it allows the whole clothings/armor/robes customisation. 
  • Atm working on these things :

- Fixing the low res textures for armors/clothings (im gonna bring this to 1024x2048 and 2048x4096) and some model artifacts (especially hands) for the whole Kel Dor modder's ressource. There are also some uv mapping errors i need to correct after playtesting. Bring a basic texture to the hand model for every textures. 

Done ! The playable Kel Dor mod is out with a severed arm variant !

- Bringing the entire Bao Dur body model to k1, apply the arm texture with the same process as DP's Kel Dor ressource through uv editing to every armors/robes (grabbed his heavy model mod btw but gotta do my own thing for the jedi robes).

Done !! So now every vanilla appearances are supported with full armor robes clothing customisation. I took the scout as a base model, because it had the same animation property for Bao Dur. I made the fist animation from Bao Dur the unarmed melee attack with the model, so we can see bao dur arm in action. I will release this as a modder's ressource soon. You can check the result here Body model final result

- Finally, doing my own model blending the Kel Dor and the Bao Dur arm, and basically do the same process for the textures + apply uv maps.

Done aswell ! I fixed the uv maps for the kel dor model, fixed some missing parts for the armors also, and brought some nice 2048x2048 textures. The final result is pretty good ! The only thing is that there is something a bit wrong with the weapon placement in the kel dor hand from the modder's ressource, the only thing left to correct. You can check the result here : Kel Dor severed arm

I can't wait to bring my Kel Dor veteran with the close combat feat to give ! Now i feel like adding him as a playable character if Juhani is not in the party, would be great.

Making new model variations is so exciting, so many customisation options are possible ! Im gonna go back to extracting some alien heads, maybe try to get some rodian hands working to match the head. 

• Like 1

Felt like posting for this new project, bringing some Halo weapons to the game.

Got some licensed models with high quality. I edited the textures to bring reflection, models to bring some bright where needed, played with aurora lights to bring dynamic lightings, i also experimented with JC's blaster visual effect models to make the projectiles similar to what's in Halo. I am very proud for the Needler especially. 

I also added lots of sounds extracted from my master chief collection to the custom ammunitions / melee sounds.

I tried to implement them in game in a Lore friendly way. The rakatan faction will use some ancient curveblade, and The One will wield the energy sword aswell. 

Finally, i played with the upgrade property. So now the energy sword and the needler are the only crystal upgradeable melee / ranged weapons (so cool for the needler especially, fits the weapon perfectly).

Needler

Plasma pistol and rifle

Energy sword and spiker

At some point, i would like to add the Needler needle as a new upgrade crystal for the lightsabers. Also, make the color customisation possible for the energy sword with color crystals, and doing scripts like the crossguard lightsabers to make T3 bind or unbind crystals to the base hilt.

• Like 1