Sign in to follow this  
JasonRyder

Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit Reskin

I remember playing KOTOR with Kainzorus Prime's NPC Overhaul Mod and Shem's Robes for Korrbian Sith Students installed and I noticed that one of them reskinned Exar Kun's Light Battle Armor to look black and silver/grey. I tried looking for the related files to reskin the armor, but couldn't find them anywhere. I want to use this reskinned texture, but don't want to install either mod. Is there a way to find the necessary files? If so, could someone make a standalone mod that just reskins Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit? 

That's the problem, I can't find it anywhere. I just remember seeing when I used those two mods. I tried looking up reskins of the armor, but didn't find any that looked like that, so it had to be from another mod. I remember playing K2 with the NPC Overhaul mod and the same texture was present on Exar Kun's Light Battle Armor there, so it's likely it's in the NPC Overhaul mod. 

And I tried using KOTOR Tool to open the Appearances.2da file, but it gave me the one inside my own KOTOR directory instead and I couldn't figure out how to open the ones in Shem's and Kainzorus' mod files. 

Just now, JasonRyder said:

That's the problem, I can't find it anywhere. I just remember seeing when I used those two mods. I tried looking up reskins of the armor, but didn't find any that looked like that, so it had to be from another mod. I remember playing K2 with the NPC Overhaul mod and the same texture was present on Exar Kun's Light Battle Armor there, so it's likely it's in the NPC Overhaul mod. 

And I tried using KOTOR Tool to open the Appearances.2da file, but it gave me the one inside my own KOTOR directory instead and I couldn't figure out how to open the ones in Shem's and Kainzorus' mod files. 

PMBE06, PFBE06 and ia_class6_006 are the names of Exar Kun's Battle Armor textures.

If these textures are in the NPC Overhaul, download the Overhaul mod and copy those three files out and place them in the Override. That'll allow you to play with those textures with modern mods like K1CP without the outdated NPC Overhaul.

6 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

PMBE06, PFBE06 and ia_class6_006 are the names of Exar Kun's Battle Armor textures.

If these textures are in the NPC Overhaul, download the Overhaul mod and copy those three files out and place them in the Override. That'll allow you to play with those textures with modern mods like K1CP without the outdated NPC Overhaul.

I couldn't find them in the "For Override" or in tslpatchdata for either mod. Tried looking in the appearances.2da files, but I couldn't open them.

2 minutes ago, JasonRyder said:

I couldn't find them in the "For Override" or in tslpatchdata for either mod. Tried looking in the appearances.2da files, but I couldn't open them.

appearance.2da isn't what you're looking for, only the PMBE06, PFBE06 and ia_class6_006 files determine an Exar Kun reskin. They end in ".tga" so "PMBE06.tga"

Have you tried K1R? I vaguely remember seeing those files in that mod years ago. If it's not in K1R, and you can't find it in either the NPC Overhaul or Shem's mod, as SH has said already we can't be of much help without images of the armor in question.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

appearance.2da isn't what you're looking for, only the PMBE06, PFBE06 and ia_class6_006 files determine an Exar Kun reskin. They end in ".tga" so "PMBE06.tga"

Have you tried K1R? I vaguely remember seeing those files in that mod years ago. If it's not in K1R, and you can't find it in either the NPC Overhaul or Shem's mod, as SH has said already we can't be of much help without images of the armor in question.

They WERE in K1R! Thank you so much for suggesting that I look there! Can't seem to find an icon for it though. Say, could I go into those files and restore the Outcast Children? 

Lastly, I posted another topic on making a portrait for this resking of Zaalbar: Clicky!