Sign in to follow this  
EAF97

Thoughts on AI Voice-overs

I have recently purchased some software to generate AI voices and lines (including the tone, pitch, and inflections) and I've started work on a side project to potentially add lines and voiceovers for certain characters. More specifically:

1) I've considered programming lines for some of the aliens to speak basic and replace the generic gibberish they usually speak. This wouldn't be for ALL of them but only for some of the ones who feature more prominently or have lines that talk about crucial plot points. I've considered doing this for some of the Twi'leks like Komad on Tatooine as well as some of the Selkath.

2) I will have a series of upcoming mods which will feature "cameos" of characters from K2 appearing in K1 and was considering making voice-overs to give them additional lines if I am able to make voice-overs that sound close enough to the original.

I would like to hear thoughts on this from the community. I understand it wouldn't be for everyone and that people have their own preferences but I would be interested in pursuing this.

Out of curiosity, are you going to train voice models on sound files extracted from the game?

I am toying with an idea of a tool that would automate that training, and generate speech / LIP files.

What software are you using? How does it compare to something like flowtron?

7 hours ago, seedhartha said:

I am toying with an idea of a tool that would automate that training, and generate speech / LIP files.

Palps_Do_it.gif.a63a3eb57409d8ab386db1843ba14670.gif

9 hours ago, EAF97 said:

I would like to hear thoughts on this

Depends entirely on the quality. As long as it doesn't turn out to be some Kaevee-level monstrosity, or worse, it's worth a try.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seedhartha said:

Out of curiosity, are you going to train voice models on sound files extracted from the game?

What software are you using? How does it compare to something like flowtron?

For now I've paid for a subscription to PlayHT but I may change to a different program that's similar since this one requires a subscription and doesn't seem to have an option to just buy it with a one-time payment. The VOs on there that I've tested are the best quality too

https://play.ht/

On 12/24/2023 at 3:35 AM, EAF97 said:

I have recently purchased some software to generate AI voices and lines (including the tone, pitch, and inflections) and I've started work on a side project to potentially add lines and voiceovers for certain characters. More specifically:

1) I've considered programming lines for some of the aliens to speak basic and replace the generic gibberish they usually speak. This wouldn't be for ALL of them but only for some of the ones who feature more prominently or have lines that talk about crucial plot points. I've considered doing this for some of the Twi'leks like Komad on Tatooine as well as some of the Selkath.

2) I will have a series of upcoming mods which will feature "cameos" of characters from K2 appearing in K1 and was considering making voice-overs to give them additional lines if I am able to make voice-overs that sound close enough to the original.

I would like to hear thoughts on this from the community. I understand it wouldn't be for everyone and that people have their own preferences but I would be interested in pursuing this.

This thread is a little awkward for me as I've already done some of these, I've made Ithorak the Selkath speak English and I've recreated a Master Kavar cameo on the Star Forge.

On 12/25/2023 at 3:08 AM, N-DReW25 said:

This thread is a little awkward for me as I've already done some of these, I've made Ithorak the Selkath speak English and I've recreated a Master Kavar cameo on the Star Forge.

Which software did you use for that?

On 12/27/2023 at 2:55 AM, EAF97 said:

Which software did you use for that?

The paid version of ElevenLabs: https://elevenlabs.io/speech-synthesis

I still have the AI Selkath template ready for more English Selkath VO, I was planning on doing Ithorak, the Ahto City Police and Judge dialogue all as AI generated English but since ElevenLabs has a word count limit per month (which is massively increased by paid tiers) I decided to stick with just Ithorak so I may use my remaining allocated word count for other AI projects.

All the Ithorak and Kavar dialogues need for them to be released are lip sync files.

• Like 1