Dark Hope

Dark Hope WIP

The obvious answer to "why?" is because Luke's bacta tank in ESB had bubble streams rising from the bottom of the tank. I'm sure there's probably some canon explanation of what it represented if you go digging deep enough in Wookieepedia.

If you want some sort of rationalised in-universe explanation of what it could be, I imagine it could be some sort of recycling system for filtering the bacta/kolto, injecting some supplemental gas into the liquid, or perhaps inducing a current/circulation for some reason, maybe just more efficiently moving "fresh" bacta/kolto past any open wounds.

• Like 2

I can buy that.

Only, for healing wounds you'd expect naked bodies... But yeah, I can imagine how controversial a choice it'd be.

1 hour ago, Salk said:

I can buy that.

Only, for healing wounds you'd expect naked bodies... But yeah, I can imagine how controversial a choice it'd be.

Wasn't Luke wearing underwear in the bacta tank? Just put anyone in the kolto tank in a underwear model.

You can see more of the ESB bacta tank bubble effects in the deleted version of the scene -

@Dark Hope: I've decided that I'll update my mod to use the same "crispy" textures that I use in the Star Forge mod, since Zelka says that their injuries were terrible. Here's the revised model with the switched bubble VFX and the switched body/head textures. I've included the PSDs for the body textures so you can make your own damaged versions.

Diversified_Wounded_Republic_Soldiers_On_Taris_Consoles_v2.7z

Nice touch with the reskinned injured soldiers.

I noticed that you decided to not equip the tanks in the main room with the computer panel though.

1 hour ago, Salk said:

I noticed that you decided to not equip the tanks in the main room with the computer panel though.

There wasn't a need to update that room model from the previous upload. Same reason I didn't include the console textures.

• Like 1

Of course. That's the entire reason I provided them. I have no intention of releasing them myself.

Edit: @Dark Hope Not sure if this would be of interest to you, but I edited the tank glass UVs so that they no longer require a tiling texture. I've applied a TOR kolto tank glass texture here as an example. I also assigned the top and bottom tank lights a custom texture so that if you want to change it you don't need to replace LTS_light05.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2