Dark Hope

Dark Hope WIP

Spoiler

image.png.b16ae892d87033899744987d446648d4.png

It's hard to say that the experience was successful(

I didn't look. Could this be due to texture?

Texture has nothing to do with it.

15 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

So what is this skin supposed to be? Is it a player head or is it an NPC head?

I'm curious if this is a first draft of the black commoner heads you've recently posted.

You understood correctly. The second option seemed more natural to me.

14 hours ago, Dark Hope said:

It's hard to say that the experience was successful

Are you using an old version of the mod? I changed the name of the tank glass in the last version.

Edit: @Dark Hope: I had assumed you would have provided your own textures from the templates I provided in an earlier post. Salk also got invisible consoles without the textures, which is odd. Anyway use these. Also includes the tank glass textures from the original mod. TOR_Med_Console_Textures.7z

If you installed the mod first and then extracted the archive above into the Override folder it should work fine:

KotOR0000.jpg.0c9295b97ea0811951ad5898936528dd.jpg

KotOR0001.jpg.44f6d1df3c188206c8d7ca06bc20ac14.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dark Hope said:

You understood correctly. The second option seemed more natural to me.

This is just an idea, but maybe for these draft textures could be used as textures unique heads instead. Think of how Uthar and Vrook have unique head models and textures, it'd function like that but for characters who don't have a unique head in-game... that "less natural" head texture you showed earlier could be used by Kebla Yurt for example.

The modder Ebmar has done something similar with your other textures with your permission I believe, though he hasn't yet released them

MysteriousMan'Legends'_Preview.png

In-game, only the mysterious man NPC on Manaan would use that HD bald head.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:14 PM, DarthParametric said:

Are you using an old version of the mod? I changed the name of the tank glass in the last version.

Edit: @Dark Hope: I had assumed you would have provided your own textures from the templates I provided in an earlier post. Salk also got invisible consoles without the textures, which is odd. Anyway use these. Also includes the tank glass textures from the original mod. TOR_Med_Console_Textures.7z

If you installed the mod first and then extracted the archive above into the Override folder it should work fine:

Reveal hidden contents

KotOR0000.jpg.0c9295b97ea0811951ad5898936528dd.jpg

KotOR0001.jpg.44f6d1df3c188206c8d7ca06bc20ac14.jpg

It works.

Can I ask you about? What is written in .txi DP_TarTnkGlass.tpc?

If you have TPCView, open the program window, and hold the ALT key while dragging a TPC image onto the window, and it will convert the image to TGA and also any embedded TXI's outputted to the same folder that the original TPC image was in...

• Like 2

On 2/28/2024 at 10:29 AM, Dark Hope said:
  Hide contents

801489433_swkotor2024-02-2813-26-16.png.65765cd3bac4bfa946c69a029ec76839.png

Very much looking forward to this re-texture!

I think it's an excellent replacement with a permanent place in my override.

Thanks for all your work, DH! :cheers:

Kolto tank looks great with bubbles. Perhaps slowing down animations a bit could give even better effect. Nothin brings more life to the game than animations, great work. 

27 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

I think the problem is that the bubbles don't actually look like bubbles because they are opaque.

This.

12 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

I think the problem is that the bubbles don't actually look like bubbles because they are opaque.

Is it possible to replace 3D angular bubbles with a bubble texture?

Spoiler

KotOR0000a.png.d7c03a5ad88738810ec275c518206998.png

What can you say about the terminal? Worthy of publication?

7 minutes ago, Dark Hope said:

Is it possible to replace 3D angular bubbles with a bubble texture?

It would require editing all the VFX nodes, but sure, it's possible. The underwater suit you pictured uses fx_bubble. I could mess around with trying the settings it uses. The other option would be to replace the chunk model for the current bubbles, fx_koltobub, with an actual spherical mesh rather than the pointy cube it uses currently.

I'm curious as to what changed though, as I don't recall the vanilla bubbles being that opaque and obvious. I didn't touch the VFX nodes in the room model.

• Like 1

There is the additional question about what generates those bubbles and why their presence is limited to an inner cylindrical area of the tank.

And yes, I'd definitely lower the speed of the bubbles animation on top of making them much less obvious than they are in the video.

19 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

It would require editing all the VFX nodes, but sure, it's possible. The underwater suit you pictured uses fx_bubble. I could mess around with trying the settings it uses. The other option would be to replace the chunk model for the current bubbles, fx_koltobub, with an actual spherical mesh rather than the pointy cube it uses currently.

I'm curious as to what changed though, as I don't recall the vanilla bubbles being that opaque and obvious. I didn't touch the VFX nodes in the room model.

Spoiler

image.png.9f13969451c65d066f38aec6b6c62c57.png

Everything was like that. But due to the quality of the texture, this was not noticeable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Salk said:

what generates those bubbles

A VFX emitter, same as any other VFX works. In this case it emits mesh chunks instead of 2D billboards.

Everything was like that

Huh, guess I never really paid that much attention to them before. Changing the mesh transparency could help. I'll fiddle with it when I get a chance later in the week.

3 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

A VFX emitter, same as any other VFX works. In this case it emits mesh chunks instead of 2D billboards.

Huh, guess I never really paid that much attention to them before. Changing the mesh transparency could help. I'll fiddle with it when I get a chance later in the week.

I noticed such an interesting feature. I needed the latest version of your mod so that the terminal would be reflected correctly. But when the glass texture was replaced, the patients disappeared. I tried to combine the old and new versions of the mod and a double effect appeared. Do you see the difference between patients? Old version behind glass texture. On the new version, the patient has no smudges on the glass. I replaced the glass texture and everything was displayed correctly.

Spoiler

image.png.ff259d1913e3565c304bf134c0a809e4.png

You could also add alpha transparencies to the bubble textures themselves...And you could play with different Cube Maps with blending additive added to the txi parameters...Darth Sapiens Cube Map pack resource might have some interesting finds...

4 minutes ago, ConansHair said:

the bubble textures

They don't use a texture.

the patients disappeared

Yes, the glass texture needs blending additive in the TXI in order for the transparency to render correctly.

• Like 1

A clear improvement, in my opinion.

But I guess I didn't make myself clear when I was asking earlier about what generates those bubbles. I meant to ask where the player should think they come from. Why are there bubbles floating upwards from the floor of the cylinder? And why just from the inner circle and not diffusedly?

That's why I am not so sure I think having any bubbles at all in the cylinder is a good idea.