Sign in to follow this  
SaberLord2245

Mod Request: Jeremy Soule Music for KOTOR 2

Hi, everyone. For those of you who really like the atmosphere of KOTOR 1, which was established in no small part thanks to composer Jeremy Soule, then I have an idea for a music mod that replaces all the tracks in the game with music that Soule himself composed. Most of these are from the first Neverwinter Nights, but a couple are also from KOTOR 1 as well. I honestly wish I could do it myself, but I don't have Neverwinter Nights and I can't afford it.

Unique

The Sith Lords Main Theme > Neverwinter Nights Main Theme (NWN1)

Kreia’s Theme > Undecided. Something mysterious. Aribeth’s theme wouldn’t be appropriate.

Darth Sion’s Theme > Hordes of the Underdark Main Theme (NWN1: HOTU)

Darth Nihilus’ Theme > Queen of the Shattered Mirror (NWN1: HOTU)

B4-D4’s Theme > Aarin Gend (NWN1)

Atris’ Theme > Dark Aribeth (NWN1)

Darth Traya’s Theme > The Order of Revan (SWTOR) – sounds like Soule, has the Sith theme

Light Side Points Gained > Remove

Dark Side Points Gained > Remove

Awaken > Remove – plays when you awake on Peragus.

Light Side Short > Remove – plays whenever you talk to Adminstrator Adare on Dantooine.

T3-M4’s Theme > Journal Updated Fanfare (NWN1) – plays during certain parts of the game, notably when you contact T3 on Peragus, and later when you find the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine rebuilt.

Back Together > Neverwinter Nights Startup Screen (NWN1) – plays upon returning to Dxun after the siege of Iziz.

Other Fanfares > Remove

Lonna Vash > Coda (NWN1) – plays when you find Master Vash dead on Korriban.

Normal

Ebon Hawk > Ebon Hawk/Anchorhead (KOTOR 1)

Ebon Hawk Adrift > Academy Attacked (NWN1)

Peragus > Sewers Beneath Luskan (NWN1)

Harbinger > Port Llast Mines (NWN1)

Citadel Station > City of Neverwinter (NWN1)

Citadel Station Cantina > Javyar’s Cantina (KOTOR 1)

Telos Restoration Zone > Beggar’s Nest (NWN1)

Telos Underground Base > Lair of the Devourer (NWN1)

Telos Polar Region > Resurrection (NWN1)

Telos Academy > Frozen Wastes of Cania (NWN1: HOTU)

Dantooine > Northern Expedition (NWN1)

Jedi Enclave Sublevel > The Great Graveyard (NWN1)

Kinrath Cave/Trayus Academy > Dark Aribeth (NWN1)

Nar Shaddaa > No Man’s Land (NWN1)

Jekk Jekk Tarr > Taris Sewers (KOTOR 1)

Goto’s Yacht > Enemy Revealed (NWN1)

Dxun Jungle > Charwood (NWN1)

Mandalorian Camp > The Unknown World (KOTOR 1)

Freedon Nadd’s Tomb > Neverwinter Besieged (NWN1)

Iziz > The City Core (NWN1)

Iziz Under Siege > Peninsula District (NWN1)

Iziz Cantina > Pazaak (KOTOR 1)

Iziz Royal Palace > Castle Never (NWN1)

Korriban > Korriban Sith Academy (KOTOR 1)

Sith Academy > Inside the Sith Base/Ravager (KOTOR 1/KOTOR 2)

Korriban Tomb > Tunnels of the Undermountain (NWN1: HOTU)

Jedi Enclave Rebuilt > Bastila’s Theme (KOTOR 1)

Citadel Station Under Attack > Captured by the Leviathan (KOTOR 1)

Ravager > Default

Malachor V > Hordes of the Underdark Main Theme (NWN1: HOTU)

Combat (When the battle ends, use the in-game NW1 outros)

Ebon Hawk Battle > Sith Guard Encounter (KOTOR 1)

Peragus/Harbinger Battle > Snake Cult Estate (NWN1)

Citadel Station Battle > Prison Fight (NWN1)

Restoration Zone/Underground Base Battle > Never’s Tomb (NWN1)

Telos Polar Region/Academy Battle > Aribeth Battle (NWN1) – best used for the Atris battle. Admittedly, it works well with the battle against Nihilus.

Dantooine Battle > North Road (NWN1)

Enclave Sublevel/Ravager Battle > Klauth’s Demise (NWN1)

Nar Shaddaa Battle > Rakata Ruins Battle (KOTOR 1) – unused track

Jekk Jekk Tarr Battle > Warrens of the Damned (NWN1)

Goto’s Yacht Battle > War Zone (NWN1)

Dxun Battle > Elk Tribe Keep (NWN1)

Iziz Battle > Siege of Fort Ilkard (NWN1) – this goes really well when Iziz is besieged

Korriban Battle > Uthar Wynn’s Trials (KOTOR 1) – unused track

Malachor V Battle > Lizardfolk Sanctuary (NWN1)

The Final Battle > Source Stone Battle (NWN1)

These are all the songs that fit into the game. I'm not entirely sure about a few of them, and I know that there are a couple that I missed; this is meant for the base game, not the M4-78 mod. If you have any other suggestions for songs by Jeremy Soule that fit KOTOR 1's style of music, please put them in the comments below. Thank you for reading this.

Forgive me if I sound a little stupid - I'm new to modding and to this site, but why would porting music from another game be breaking the rules?

10 hours ago, SaberLord2245 said:

Forgive me if I sound a little stupid - I'm new to modding and to this site, but why would porting music from another game be breaking the rules?

The same reason using that same music in a YouTube video will get your video demonetized at best or taken down at worse... that reason is copyright.

Think of it like this, if this Jeremy Soule music mod is made and is uploaded to Deadlystream... what's to stop a lawyer from pointing at the mod and claiming we're hosting pirated content because the mod contains MP3 files of music that Bioware & Obsidian hold the rights to. And since this website is a Star Wars website, who would want to risk Deadlystream being forcibly taken offline over music that isn't even Star Wars... I wouldn't want to die on that hill.

• Light Side Points 1

Oh, I understand now. Thank you. Still, if I actually wanted to upload the mod would it be wise to switch to Nexus instead of Deadly Stream?

30 minutes ago, SaberLord2245 said:

Oh, I understand now. Thank you. Still, if I actually wanted to upload the mod would it be wise to switch to Nexus instead of Deadly Stream?

You would have to ask Nexus about Nexus' rules. It won't go up here though with NWN music. 

Edit: However, I imagine you would like to hear about the reasoning about why the porting rules are what they are.  I'll point you towards a blog post made one of this site's Staff members shortly after the current porting rules were instated.  If you have follow up questions, you should probably direct them to members of this site's Administration Staff in a Private Message. A link to the Staff page can be found here.

• Light Side Points 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:25 AM, SaberLord2245 said:

On Nexus, there's a mod that adds The Witcher 2 music to Dragon Age: Origins. So I guess they're OK with that.