SEM - Super Enhanced Mod

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Main Mod's Original Review on Filefront:

[spoiler[Let me start out by saying this mod is not for the faint of heart. If you're not an experienced player, and by experienced I mean you're insanely good at the game, you won't want to get this mod. Why? You'll die a miserable death, likely early on in the game.

Now that I've completely scared everyone off, let's get to the nitty gritty bits of this mod. It's got a lot of changes, and veteran players should really enjoy them. I can't go over all of them, because there are too many plus Shem wants to leave you with some surprises (they're good surprises, by the way), so here's an overview:

Lightsabers: The basic premise of a lightsaber is it is a beam of energy that curves back on itself to create a blade. Now how could a blade of pure energy be less powerful than a slab of metal? Shem wondered the same thing. Sabers have been enhanced to do more realistic amounts of damage, plus they will add a +10 modifier to your blaster deflect skill. Base damages for both games are around 40-50. OMG UNBALANCED! No, not at all. As I go along you'll see why it's not unbalanced.

Blasters: How often does a stormtrooper take six blaster bolts before going down? Never! They're down on one shot usually, aren't they? Blaster fire is now beefed up to be deadly. This is a good thing and a bad thing. Bad thing - if you get shot, you're in trouble. Good thing - the same is true vice versa, plus that +10 modifier to blaster deflect will make you a lean mean blaster blocking machine, and if you deflect those bolts back at your enemies they're still beefed up and will make for a quick and easy kill.

Armor: The idea that wearing a heavy set of armor will block you from using the Force is rediculous. The Force extends beyond such silly physical limitations, and Shem agreed with this as well. As a result, armor will not longer restrict you from using the Force, regardless of what it is. Tired of being 'Forced' to wear those Jedi robes when you'd rather be off galavanting across the dune sea in Calo Nord's armor? No problem. Armor also doesn't penalize your dexterity any more, although I'm not quite sure that's more realistic than the way it originally was.

This mod makes several changes to pieces of Shem's older mods, so if you are prompted to overwrite any parts of any of Shem's other mods you may feel free to do so without hesitation. If you're a hardcore player I'd definitely recommend giving this mod a try.

Note: Please leave the author feedback, especially if you download this mod and use it. It really helps encourage the author to make more mods in the future.

~Inyri

Also you will need the Ultimate Sound Mod for this to work properly. Make sure that is installed first before you install this mod and let the baseitems.2da file from this mod overwrite the one from the Ultimate Sound Mod. If you're not interested in that mod, you will still need to download it and get the cb_ls_powerup.wav, cb_ls_powerup1.wav, cb_ls_powerup2.wav, cb_ls_powerdown.wav, cb_ls_powerdown1.wav, and cb_ls_powerdown2.wav files. That way the double-bladed and short lightsabers make a on/off sound.

Addon's Original Review on Filefront:

This mod adds some new features to Shem's Super Enhanced mod. Either 60 or 110 to be exact, depending on which game you use it for. Those that found the Super Enhanced mod to be a little too challenging might appreciate this update.

Some Changes:

• Darth Bandon has been better balanced, and his armor will now be worth getting for K1
  • new additions to the unknown world for K1
  • Darth Nihilus has been enhanced to be more challenging for K2
  • Darth Sion has been enhanced to be more challenging for K2
  • additional content during the Darth Traya battle for K2
  • new items to protect you and help you get through the game for K2
  • hitting "recommended" for stats will now give you a stat boost, for those that find the mod a little too challenging, for both games
  • many other smaller surprises for both games

So if you want to try out this great mod, but are concerned it might be a little too strenuous, grab this add-on to make it a little more playable for the average gamer. After all, a mod just for the pros is no fun at all.

~Inyri

Malkior's Tweak pack (no Filefront review):

An addon approved by Shem that tweaks the grenades, mines and most of the non-humanoid creatures in the game to be up to par with the rest of Shem's work...

What's New in Version 08/14/2019 09:38 PM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Light Side Points 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

diegodb

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
Mister Terentatek

· Edited by Mister Terentatek

Sorry to say, but this is just plain stupid mod. It does not rebalance anything nor makes the game any more challanging (only for the early game before u obtain any good equipment)
What this really does is makes a powerful items x5 more powerful, it does not add any girth to enemies or anything that would make a fight more interesting, fights vs 10-15 enemies just end in 10 seconds, cause you literraly obliterate them as you would play on 'easy' vanilla and got all op items. So yeah. Nothing is saying balance here or whatever. 1of5

What i would strongly suggest to those who play with different powerful items mod and got good at the game is to make old but gold 'Beancounter's Hardcore Mod' to work with 'Modified Ai'.
From my experince it's the best 'rebalance' that you can still get at this game. Btw. I would post this combined as a 'ready solution' in the 'Request Mod' tread. In my eyes it's much needed and a real shame hasn't been done yet. Cheers and Joyful gaming.

Share this review

Link to review