About This File
-TSLRCM Loot fix base scripts-
Note; These files are for TSLRCM 1.8 and higher ONLY.
- Modders resource, if you're not interested in modding KOTOR2, this download is not for you.
Included in this map you will find the following folders;
* Generic Spawnscripts. These are the scripts used for many (but not all) foes you encounter.
* Modules. These are enemy-specific spawnscripts spread over the various modules. It's important if you recompile these you put them back in the respective module, and NOT override, as other modules may use the same name and it can lead to issues. You can also skip them (if you really want all files in override) but then a large portion of enemies will not use your modified script.
All of these are modified from the vanilla TSL version, as those had the faulty version of the lootscript inside the .nss. These TSLRCM versions instead refer to the lootscript instead of containing it, which allowed just to batch compile if changes were made to the lootscript rather than manually adding them to 50+ files.
* Placables (just compiled) are the base vanilla TSL scripts. TSLRCM hasn't modified them, just re-compiled them with the new lootscript.
* Placeables (unused) are base vanilla TSL scripts. But as mentioned are unused. TSLRCM has recompiled them, if for example modusers did use said placeable scripts, but if you only worry about vanilla you could opt to leave these out without effect.
* Placeables (used, script modified) are scripts TSLRCM has modified before recompiling due to errors in the scripts. They are used in vanilla TSL, so make sure to use these instead of the vanilla ones when re-compiling.
* Base lootscript. The base of it all. DON'T USE THE ONE IN THE OVERRIDE FOLDER!
There are also 3 seperate .nss in the folder, these go in the override. They're also base TSL versions, TSLRCM has just re-compiled them with our new lootscript.
A version of the lootscript itself (k_inc_treas_k2.nss) can be found in your override map after installing TSLRCM 1.8 or higher.
DO NOT USE IT!
I just checked it, and it seems it's an older version rather than the final one. *sigh*
So use the version included in this download instead. Hopefully will be fixed in 1.8.3, but just incase keep using this version!
Using the TSLRCM lootscript rather than vanilla as base of your modifications, or when compiling custom spawn or placable scripts will help you fix the following issues;
* Some rounding issues in vanilla TSL could make some items not appear.
* Due to a faulty name droid "headslot" items couldn't drop in vanilla.
* Due to erroneous checks (only meant for other armors) high-level robes could not drop in vanilla.
* Lightsabers and lightsaber crystal's color is now random (with some colors more likely than others) rather than level-based.
* Security Spike tunnelers can drop.
* All Mira's rockets can drop, instead of just number 1.
* Fixed issue where a "rare drop" at higher levels could exceed the maximum item number, and produce no item at all as a result.
What's New in Version 1.3 See changelog
- * Updated lootscript to match 1.8.3 version (gloves_03 missing fix, it will now return gloves_02 instead of blank).
- * Now contains the vendors base scripts, which also need to be recompiled if you want the random loot to possible appear in their stock.
- * Now contains a 'test script' I've written for testing the 1.8.3 fix, and can be useful for your own testing of randomly dropped items by making the result not-random.
- * Fixed 102PER script.
- * Fixed 1.8.3 gloves fix not working properly.
- * Fixed low level rolls (usually Peragus) not appearing properly in some cases due to rounding.
- * 506OND wrong file for one droid
- * Akkere, 1B and Kodin have been updated to randomly drop one HK part rather than the following part on which you have in your inventory (which could produce the pacifist package).
- * Adum (Khoonda Oupost) is now included.