About This File
A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic 2
1.0.0 Release Date: 03.03.2022
Alongside the "Readme.txt" file will be the following folder:
"Movie Cutscene Mods"
* As of 1.0.0, there is only one Movie Cutscene mod. Open the "Xbox trailer" folder and simply copy the .BIK file into your swkotor "movies" folder and overwrite the original .BIK file.
Depends on what you've chosen to install.
* For Movie Cutscene Mods, open the "Backup (Vanilla Cutscenes) and copy the .BIK file to your Kotor 2 movies folder and overwrite the Xbox .BIK.
I've previously made a mod called "Knights of the Old XBOX" for K1, the KotOX mod is intended to give players the opportunity to play their PC version of Kotor with Xbox features. From Xbox style Dark Jedi to Xbox style NPCs,
there are more quite a few Xbox options to spice up your PC Kotor with my KotOX mod.
But unlike Bioware, Obsidian Entertainment released their sequel on both PC and Xbox in the Winter of 2004. This led me to believe that there aren't very many Xbox exclusive features in Kotor 2 for me to port over to the PC,
and since TSLRCM can't be used on the Xbox version not many people play Kotor 2 the Xbox today.
It was brought to my attention on Discord that the Xbox version of Kotor 2 had a different trailer than its PC counterpart, the PC's trailer appeared to use footage from pre-E3 2004. As a result, the PC trailer has the following problems:
* The dead Republic Soldiers on the Harbinger bridge use the default Corpse model.
* In the Harbinger arrival cutscene, the Harbinger is orange instead of red, the asteroids were darker, less detailed and were static.
* Looking out of a Citadel Station window pre-Battle of Telos showed a cityscape with red lights instead of blue.
* A shot of the Mandalorian Dxun Camp looks nothing like it does in the final release.
* M4-78 is shown.
* Dxun looks nothing like it does in the final release.
* The Exile's Robes turn blue (This is because it's using the Blue Jedi Robe textue from K1 and is being applied to the Cloaked Jedi Robe model, thus causing a texture glitch).
* Atton is using his beta appearance in certain scenes whereas in others he is using his final release appearance.
* Mandalore is made of solid gold.
* A Kath Hound can be faintly seen in the background of a Dxun for one second.
* A Telos surface Merc is wearing a Light Scan Visor from K1 with a green double-vibroblade. These items aren't present in the final release.
* Sith Soldiers outside the Dxun Sith Tomb are red, this isn't present in the final release.
* The Dxun Sith Tomb exterior looks nothing like it does in the final release
* At the end, the Kotor 2 logo looks nothing like it does in the final release
The Xbox trailer didn't have any of these problems, the Xbox footage appeared to have been recorded sometime between mid to late 2004 when most of the games final content was completed.
Of course, not ALL of the Xbox trailer's inaccuracies were fixed (The Exile still used K1 heads and some old footage was still used here and there).
Regardless, the Xbox trailer has since been ported to the PC version of Kotor 2 for you to watch. In the event in which I, or someone else, discovers more Xbox exclusive features that I can port I'll add them to this mod.
After installing this mod, the in-game trailer will look like this:
This mod shouldn't have bugs but if there is Just PM me on Deadlystream.
Would be incompatible with any mods which modify the Kotor 2 trailer .BIK, no mods to my knowledge do this so you should be good!
Report any unknown incompatibilities to me on Deadlystream.com
Do NOT claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission.
FiendishlyInventive for requesting the Xbox trailer be ported to PC!
Pixel Theater for uploading the Xbox trailer to YouTube!
Bioware for such an amazing game!
Stoffee for TSLPatcher!
Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool and everyone who downloads the mod!
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.