About This File
About Kotor Scripting Tool
Kotor Scripting Tool is my attempt at a scripting interface for nwnnsscomp.exe.
The tool has many useful features to try and make the scripting process a lot easier. Hope you all like
Compile & Decompile Scripts
AutoComplete Suggestions (Beta)
Tabbed Text Editor
Advanced Find & Replace
Browsable nwscript function list
Browsable nwscript constants list
Future things I would like to include are full decompile capability, and Autocomplete for functions and constants.
I am using Fred Tetra's version of nwnnsscomp.exe therefor it should be compatible with both kotor & tsl. Just a note I have only tried Kotor atm. If you have tsl installed it shoould work though.
If you download the installer just browse to your download folder and run the setup file. *Note* The installer will also associate .nss & .ncs files with Kotor Scripting Tool.
Download and extract the file below. Once extracted navigate to the directory and run Kotor Scripting Tool.exe
BTW to uncompress the files you will need an application that can uncompress 7-Zip files.
This program was compiled in C# with version 4.0 of the .NET Framework if you do not already have it downloaded you will need to download it [here].
Current Release [Manual Install]
KotOR Scripting Tool v 0.4.0 7-Zip [Download Here]
Older Releases [Manual Install]
Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.1 7-Zip [Download Here]
What's New in Version v0.1.4.0 See changelog
- * Fixed a bug that was causing the program to crash on Windows XP.
- * Fixed a bug where functions with lower case names like the math functions "acos" and "sin" were not displayed correctly in the functions list (Total functions affected 11)
- * The Functions and Constants lists are now automatically sorted alphabetically by name.
- *Added preliminary AutoComplete capability for function suggestions as you type.
- *As AutoComplete is still kind of buggy I added a button in the Options menu to turn off AutoComplete functionality.
- *Added the ability to set KotOR Scripting Tool as the default application for .nss & .ncs files
- *Added more documentation.
- *If you choose Find or Find and Replace the "Find What" field will now be populated with your current selection.