About This File
This mod corrects some errors in the feeat.2da and featgain.2da files, which determine what classes can get what feats and when.
First, a number of feats available to the base Jedi classes were not available to the prestige classes. This appears to be an error, given the inconsistency. It wasn't even that no prestige classes could take them. For some feats, certain tiers were available but not the rest. Other feats were available to some classes but locked out of others, despite being available to all Jedi classes. So I've gone through and set all feats that seem like they were meant for all Jedi classes to be available for all Jedi classes. The affected feats are:
- Close Combat
- Dual Strike
- Gear Head
- Regenerate Vitality
- Stealth Run
Second, the Scoundrel class was similarly missing access to feats they ought to be able to take, based on what is available to other organic classes:
- Dual Strike
- Finesse: Melee Weapons
- Regenerate Vitality
- Stealth Run
- Weapon Focus: Blaster Rifle
- Weapon Focus: Melee Weapons
Third, some classes did not have access to cross-class skill feats for certain
skills that were not class skills for them:
- Class Skill: Stealth (Jedi Weapon Master and Sith Marauder)
- Class Skill: Treat Injury (Scoundrel)
Fourth, the Finesse: Lightsabers feat was redundant, because Finesse: Melee Weapons applies to both melee weapons and lightsabers. This was probably not the intent, but these feats are hard-coded, so I have no way of fixing them. I chose to remove the ability to select Finesse: Lightsabers at all. If you want to build a finessing character and receive the benefits of this feat, you can select Finesse: Melee Weapons instead and get it for melee weapons as well as lightsabers.
Also, the weapon and armor proficiencies for prestige classes were inconsistent. This would not cause a problem in regular play because prestige classes are only available to the player character and the player character already had these proficiency feats; however, it could create oddities when using other mods or a save editor. I have adjusted the following feats for prestige classes to match the base Jedi classes:
- Armor Proficiency: Light
- Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Rifle
- Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber
Finally, the feat gains for the Combat Droid and Expert Droid classes were swapped, just as they were in KOTOR 1. TSLRCM already fixes this issue for KOTOR 2, but I added it to my fixes as well for the sake of completion.
- Extract files from the downloaded archive.
- Run Feat_Fixes_K2.exe.
- Click "Install Mod" and select your game directory (default name SWKOTOR2).
- Delete feat.2da and featgain.2da or replace with backups if necessary.
KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
TSLPatcher – stoffe
Mod: JC's Feat Fixes for K2
Mod Author: JCarter426
Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Attribution Preference: "Feat fixes by JCarter426" or "uses JC's Feat Fixes" or some other reasonable phrasing.
- KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
- Credits: TSLPatcher – stoffe
This mod resource is released under the following licenses:
- Attribution Only License
Attribution Only License (AOL)
* You've got mods! *
The creator of this mod has authorized the contents of this mod for public use. Other modders are free to use and edit materials from this mod and include them in other mods. This license applies to everyone equally and no further explicit permission from the original mod creator is required, provided the terms of this license are permission is not required provided the terms of this license are followed.
- The user must provide clear attribution for the source and creator(s) of these materials, following the specified attribution preference. The file that contains this attribution must be included along with all the other mod contents. (For example, crediting the original mod creator in your mod's description on a website, but not in any file someone would actually download, would be a violation.)
- The user must include any additional credits as indicated.
- This license applies only for the use of these materials in other mods (i.e. a form of software accessed within a video game). This license does not grant the user unlimited power to distribute these contents, edited or unedited, even if attribution is granted. These materials are being offered to encourage the creation of new mods that alter the game experience. (For example, distributing these materials as a mod resource on another website, or uploading the entirety of the mod as a "new" mod without really changing anything, would not be in the spirit of this license.)
- Where appropriate, it would be nice to provide a link to the original mod and/ or tag the original mod creator. However, this is not mandated. This is just a polite suggestion.
AND NOW AS FESTIVUS ROLLS ON, WE COME TO THE FEATS OF STRENGTH. UNTIL YOU PIN ME, OBSIDIAN, KOTOR IS NOT OVER! LET'S RUMBLE!
If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.
For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.
I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
Added Finesse: Melee Weapons and Weapon Focus: Melee Weapons for Scout.
Added Conditioning feats for Jedi Weapon Master and Sith Marauder.
Added Stealth Run for several classes.
Adjusted armor and weapon proficiencies for prestige classes to match their base Jedi class counterparts.
Added Class Skill: Stealth for Jedi Weapon Master and Sith Marauder.
Swapped droid class feat gain.