ZM90

KotOR1 Restoration Demo Impressions and bug reporting thread

Nobody passed out for me either. . . I just robbed their bags right in front of them! :unsure:

Last night, I tested doing the Sith Base before even visiting the Undercity - no game breaking bugs so far.

It is a bit weird though, as I put on the Sith Uniform and went solo, wondering if I could infiltrate the base in disguise.. but no luck :censored: Most other characters in Taris respond to you differently if you are wearing the Sith uniform, but not in the base. Sadtimes :cry:

Maybe the Sith uniform should automatically get removed, like when you enter the Hidden Bek base??

--Thanks for doing that peedeeboy. I was wondering if it would break the game. That is good to know. Yes I always wondered why you can't go in disguise solo in your sith uniform and no one would know since everyone else does respond differently otherwise. It would be cool if you could! I did also remove the tar02_duelorg21.dlg like someone suggested when Ajurr would not move to say to fight Bendak but that did not change anything me removing the .dlg file. So I'll just have to settle for no Bendak fight. I even re started a whole new game after I had removed the .dlg file but no luck.

Wait' date=' did you use the console just outside the room with the turrets on the upstairs floor?

If so, what did the game prompt you with in order for you to open the door? [/quote']

I used the security console opposite the sublevel elevator in the main entrance room of the base to unlock all security doors and to deactivate the garage security systems, which opened the door to the turrets and turned them off. Are we talking about the same turrets?

The heating quest never triggered at all for me. The only evidence I found of it was the one terminal on the sublevel in the heating room that's inactive.

I used the security console opposite the sublevel elevator in the main entrance room of the base to unlock all security doors and to deactivate the garage security systems, which opened the door to the turrets and turned them off. Are we talking about the same turrets?

The heating quest never triggered at all for me. The only evidence I found of it was the one terminal on the sublevel in the heating room that's inactive.

Okay, thanks for telling us the specific terminal. The option has been removed.

Yeah, it's the same turrets. Basically the only way to get past the turrets was to do the heating quest but when I was doing that I missed that computer. Did you trigger the scene with the Vulkar bartender without any pitfalls?

Okay, thanks for telling us the specific terminal. The option has been removed.

I think I remember seeing the option to shut down the turrets on the terminal in the Control Room on the sublevel too..

I'm still pootling around on Taris looking for Cut Content! :cool: Loving it so far!

I think I remember seeing the option to shut down the turrets on the terminal in the Control Room on the sublevel too..

I'm still pootling around on Taris looking for Cut Content! :cool: Loving it so far!

That was actually to disable a set of turrets that was guarding the storage room in the lower level.

Yeah, it's the same turrets. Basically the only way to get past the turrets was to do the heating quest but when I was doing that I missed that computer. Did you trigger the scene with the Vulkar bartender without any pitfalls?

The cut dialogue with the Vulkar bartender on the main level of the base? Yes.

That was actually to disable a set of turrets that was guarding the storage room in the lower level.

Cool. . . thanks for clarifying!! :D

For those of you still lacking a Bendak duel, I backtracked from the tar02_duelorg021.dlg dialog to find that the k_ptar_duel06b.ncs script contains the counter variable that determines when the duel becomes available.

I have no idea why the duel never becomes available in the K1R, because my programming methodology is rather akin to a monkey poking at a termite mound with a stick, but if you edit the numeric variable "DUEL_TIMER" from 0 to 1 in your save, then the next time you talk to Ajuur the duel can happen.

See the attached visual aid for how to easily fix it with KSE. As for fixing the actual game scripting, or how to fix it if this still fails in your specific case, you'd be better off asking a Magic 8-Ball or maybe a voodoo priestess. I consider it a miracle I figured out how to fix it for myself.

post-9578-0-11756800-1340409528_thumb.png

On Dantooine after I say who is lying - Rickard or Handon - no new dialog appears and I can't complete the quest.

Can confirm this happened to me too....

It's a known bug, it's in the readme. I hope it gets fixed! That quest is fun.

Found a few bugs today:

3) On Dantooine after I say who is lying - Rickard or Handon - no new dialog appears and I can't complete the quest.

It's a known bug, it's in the readme. I hope it gets fixed! That quest is fun.

Fixed. And funny thing too, while fixing it I actually discovered content that wasn't cut, but I'd never seen it before. This game still has stuff like that for me, even after playing it so many times.

This time the quest worked like a charm! :cool: I have a couple of observations:

1) I can ask the elderly mechanic about the heating when I first get to the sublevel. He has no spoken dialogue, but his text says 'there's nothing wrong with the heating' to which I can reply 'sure / um / whatevs' or something like that.

This seems a bit out of place - why would my character ask about the heating before visiting the security terminal with the passcard??

Because the character in-game would logically be able to feel if an area was too hot or too cold. This is also there to make the PC suspicious of the mechanic character.

2) Killing the Ithorian in the Spice Lab. He just stands there and takes a beating!! Sure, the Ithorians are as annoying as hell - but it seems a bit out of place to kill a defenseless one on a LS runthrough!

The Ithorian was an original BioWare character file, thus why I did not change it. The Ithorian just stands there because his model does not have all the proper combat animations. I'll see about changing the character file or getting someone to add the animations in.

I like the harder Vulkars. . but it does make it more obvious that this section is a mod.... just something to think about ;)

Hmmm, good point. However, since that level is run by an ex-sith military guy it could just be assumed he drills them and keeps them in good condition, unlike everyone else in the base.

When the Undercity Dwellers left for the Promised Land, they left three children behind in the camp!!! :eek:

Not sure if that is a K1R bug, or a vanilla bug that I've never noticed before.....

Definitely a K1R bug. Fixed it.

Eventually when all the bugs reported here have been addressed we'll re-upload the demo to Deadly Stream, and upload it to KotOR files.

The whole sith party was rather buggy for me. I too noticed that the sith partygoers didn't pass out, but in addition to that, the lipsync wasn't animating for a majority of the conversation with Sarna after she invited me to the party; and during the entire party there was no lipsync.

For me, the quest line didn't update, so I had to already know what to do in order to get into the undercity without the journal.

I was able to progress the story, but the quest remained unresolved in the journal list. It still says that I was invited to the party.

The whole sith party was rather buggy for me. I too noticed that the sith partygoers didn't pass out, but in addition to that, the lipsync wasn't animating for a majority of the conversation with Sarna after she invited me to the party; and during the entire party there was no lipsync.

For me, the quest line didn't update, so I had to already know what to do in order to get into the undercity without the journal.

I was able to progress the story, but the quest remained unresolved in the journal list. It still says that I was invited to the party.

+1

Also, I ended up with two passcards after I left the room.

The K1R demo has been officially released so this is a thread where the fans can have a chat with us, tell us how they liked the demo, and to report bugs as well. So post away!

I've got these mods installed, that aren't just retextures:

Project Bastila

Bastila and Female Revan

Brotherhood of Shadow:Solomon's Revenge, it's patch, and it's launcher

Carth's Fighting Spirit

Character Startup Changes(Changes your starting feats and skills)

Enhanced Merchants

F.F. Swords and Star Wars Shields by Inyrie Forge

Hide the Weapons(in animations)

K1 Extended Force Powers

K1 Force Pack

WotOR

Remove Power Restriction for Armor

And I had the K1R Beta installed, but my game continually crashes the moment I hit the Upper Shadowlands. In the cutscene with Bandon, he turns to us(PC, Mission, and Bastila) and then the game freezes and crashes.

I re-installed K1, all of my mods, minus K1R Beta, and it still crashed. Should I restart the game(Please, I beg you, NO!!!)?

To anyone who wonders, I can check in here every two weeks or so;it's sketchy, though.

Just so nobody thinks I'm dumping my troubles here, I have this to say of the mod, so far:

IT IS GREAT!!! The vulkars were fun and I liked how the quests were re-worked a bit. I had the issue with party, and the heating panel thingy in the Vulkar Base sublevel didn't do squat. Also, in the sublevel, I couldn't access, bash, or lockpick the "High-level security door" that leads to the control room.

Well it sounds like the K1R demo wouldn't be your problem for the freezing glitch, and as for the High security door. Basically, once you realize the mechanic ID doesn't work you have to inquire about the heating system with the old mechanic. That'll start some events that will lead to you getting the access card to the high security door and the magnetic power cell, which can be put into the heating panel, and voila, the heating system works.

Well it sounds like the K1R demo wouldn't be your problem for the freezing glitch, and as for the High security door. Basically, once you realize the mechanic ID doesn't work you have to inquire about the heating system with the old mechanic. That'll start some events that will lead to you getting the access card to the high security door and the magnetic power cell, which can be put into the heating panel, and voila, the heating system works.

Got any ideas on the freezing? Were there two people that wore Bandon's armor style originally? I don't recall it, but it was there.

There are people who use the same armor model, but no one else has the same texture as Bandon's armor. I really wouldn't have a clue about the freezing glitch. It may be due to the removal of a mod, or to the addition of one in the middle of your playthrough.

I like the harder Vulkars. . but it does make it more obvious that this section is a mod.... just something to think about ;)

I just got to the Vulkar sub-level, and I noticed the difficulty difference as well.

However, I liked it!~ It was so much less of a cakewalk to infiltrate and made me actually use my secondary items that were piling up in my inventory. (and the extra goodies packed into the mod made it more rewarding in defeating said difficult enemies)

I personally think that a good way you could make it less obvious that this is a modded level and keep the difficulty is to change the names of the enemies to something along the lines of, "Elite Vulkar Guard" or "Vulkar Lieutenant" to show that they are supposed to be harder enemies.

Edit_

And the two Vulkars who managed to kill a member of the management need their own titles too. I doubt a low-level "thug" could assassinate someone that powerful and not at least have a title. ... At the very least "bewildered vulkar" would be better than "gang member". I mean the victim had his full name and everything~

I just got to the Vulkar sub-level, and I noticed the difficulty difference as well.

However, I liked it!~ It was so much less of a cakewalk to infiltrate and made me actually use my secondary items that were piling up in my inventory. (and the extra goodies packed into the mod made it more rewarding in defeating said difficult enemies)

I personally think that a good way you could make it less obvious that this is a modded level and keep the difficulty is to change the names of the enemies to something along the lines of, "Elite Vulkar Guard" or "Vulkar Lieutenant" to show that they are supposed to be harder enemies.

I may do that, but they are supposed to be regular vulkars. They just have a much more harsh and strict level manager.

Edit_

And the two Vulkars who managed to kill a member of the management need their own titles too. I doubt a low-level "thug" could assassinate someone that powerful and not at least have a title. ... At the very least "bewildered vulkar" would be better than "gang member". I mean the victim had his full name and everything~

The guy they killed was a low level mechanic anyway, who only had the a name so it would be less awkward when people referred to him elsewhere.

[DS playthrough] Two bugs and a suggestion/bug:

• The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.
  • If you side with the Vulkars and are about to begin the first swoop race, Zaerdra still contacts you on the communicator. She was long dead at this point in my playthrough. Even if she had cheats enabled, she wouldn't contact a Black Vulkar swoop rider.
  • Shouldn't the Hidden Beks patrolling the main throughfare in the Lower City become hostile to you if you kill Gadon? The guard at the entrance to the Bek base attacks you. The remaining Hidden Beks should follow suit.

Also submitted to Taris Upper City Emporium

[DS playthrough] Two bugs and a suggestion/bug:

• The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.
  • If you side with the Vulkars and are about to begin the first swoop race, Zaerdra still contacts you on the communicator. She was long dead at this point in my playthrough. Even if she had cheats enabled, she wouldn't contact a Black Vulkar swoop rider.
  • Shouldn't the Hidden Beks patrolling the main throughfare in the Lower City become hostile to you if you kill Gadon? The guard at the entrance to the Bek base attacks you. The remaining Hidden Beks should follow suit.

Also submitted to Taris Upper City Emporium

To #1, that is definitely not an issue with K1R. What other mods do you have installed?

To #2, yeah that's my fault. Should be a simple conditional check and then that's fixed.

To #3, I'll take a look at that.

To #1, that is definitely not an issue with K1R. What other mods do you have installed?

I had a feeling it was because of another mod...

Some Taris-specific mods I have installed:

Weapons of the Old Republic

RedHawke's armor mods

MasterWaffle's armor mods

Operation Kill Bastila

Duros Merchant

Party Clothing

Bits and pieces of LordDeathRay's KoTOR Improvement Mod

Various PC/NPC reskins and model changes

It's not a big deal by any stretch.

[*]The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.

Hmm, just checked my saves and its missing for me too!

And I have no mods installed.... I am however using the SecuRom v1.03 executable downloadable from their website, but not sure why that would be a problem

Maybe just another vanilla K1 bug that only happens sometimes... :cry:

[*]The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.

Hmm, just checked my saves and its missing for me too!

It's missing for me as well.

Strange, the only mods I have installed are BOS:SR and my WIPs.