Here's my sixth small mod

Peragus Large Monitor Adjustment
=========================

MOD AUTHOR: Sith Holocron
ORIGINAL RELEASE: 23 JUN 2013

FOR WHAT GAME: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Description:
----------------
Don’t expect this to be as interesting as the Telos Signage mod I came up with.

This small mod collection replaces textures for the large monitor seen on Peragus that overlooks the asteroid field. I wasn’t crazy about the low resolution images in the smaller boxes off to the side so I decided to take a crack at it. I’ve kept to general idea of what were originally shown in those boxes so this difference won’t be too drastic. In addition, that old low resolution asteroid animation just had to go. It has been replaced as well. Finally, that scrolling text box can now be read. Since the original text box was illegible, I decided to make my own. A separate translation Word document is included in case you’re wondering what it says. (I’d appreciate it if you all let folks read it for themselves so please don’t post the translation in reviews.)

Finally, I’ve included a replacement loading screen – the one that shows the monitor. If I changed the monitor in the game, I thought I may as well change the loading screen that features that monitor too! (Yes, it has those lines on it.)

As always, constructive criticism is welcome.

Installation:
----------------
For Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Extract the TGA files and the TXI file into the SWKotOR2/Override folder.

To Uninstall:
----------------
Take them out again.

Known Bugs:
-----------------
None known at this time.

Special Thanks:
--------------------
To Darth_Sapiens: for Assistance with alpha channels for some of the textures and testing.
To Canderis: For pre-release reviews.

Legal Disclaimer:
-------------------

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc., I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod.

It is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either. Use it however you like, but if you're going to post it up somewhere, or make a derivative mod, or use it in another mod, please put a line in the readme, mentioning me.

Awesome! Good job!

Thanks, HDTVChannel.

If you're wondering why you might want to install this, think about it this way. . .

If you're testing another mod and you have to play through Peragus yet again, you might want to have something new to look at it. In that case, here you go. LOL

I'm liking all of your monitor mods! By the way, I did a minor edit of your scrolling text mod for the Telos monitors that made it more "detailed" (it has a welcome screen and everything) if you'd like to check it out.

Sure, email it to me!

Fantastic work! The quality of this community is always welcome to one of the best RPGs of all time! Congratulations from Brazil!

Fantastic work! The quality of this community is always welcome to one of the best RPGs of all time! Congratulations from Brazil!

Thanks for the kind words. If you like this mod, you'll really like my Citadel Station Signage mod.

So I just noticed now, but that's the Solar system on the left monitor. Is Peragus actually a secret listening post to study us (Earth)?  ... Perhaps HK50 is our greatest secret asset.

But seriously, great texture that I'm just now discovering. Kudos. (and I am definitely going to try to translate the scrolling text). :D

I believe you're the first to spot the solar system in there. I think this might be a good opportunity to look at what I did put on that board - using before and after shots.

I wanted to stay as close to the original vision of what was on the board so it wasn't a huge change from the original version.

First up - the "Solar System"

PeragusBoard-SolarSystem_zps359b2c19.png

As spotted, that is our Solar System on the board - with the text changed from Roman alphabet to Aurebesh. I thought use an example with a bit more color might make the board pop.

Next, we have the "Galaxy" portion

PeragusBoard-Galaxy_zps6ff814b6.png

The original has another solar system view merely at a different angle. As that angle is usually reserved for galaxy shots, rather than solar system views - I decided I'd switch the focus but keep the same general shape.

The next portion is what I'll refer to as "target"

PeragusBoard-Target_zps9e32604f.png

Yep, there's a target reticule on the original. What it is targeting? With the lack of detail, no one can say. Seeing as this station does handle inbound traffic and track asteroids, that's what it should be targeting. I found a royalty free shot on the web and voila!

And for the last, there's my favorite . . . the spinning asteroid. I've decided not to convert this into a GIF for this page but you'll get the idea.

PeragusBoard-SpinningAsteroid_zps48f1477

The original animation showed a solid asteroid. I had to fiddle around with each frame to make it appear like a hologram. I hope the effect comes out well in game.

Malkior, I might need your assistance with something. Expect an email. It also involves Peragus . . .
How old is this mod?

Can I use it with TSLRCM and M4-78 EP?

And your other mods: are they OK to use? (as of 5feb 2014)
1) See top of page, left side under File Information.

2) As on the top of the page, it lists that it's TSLRCM compatible. As this only affects textures on Peragus Station, uses this completely compatible with M4-78 EP.

3) Not sure what you're asking here. What about my other mods? Are the OK to use with what? Ask about my other mods on their respective pages.
However, if you're asking if my other mods are OK to work with this one, yes. (I Just recommend to let one of the textures in "Replacement Peragus II Artwork by Trench 1.0"
override this one if you use both.)

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

5 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google Mobile (1)