jacd28

kotor 1 and 2 xbox 360

Good afternoon, first of all I apologize for my bad English, I speak Spanish and I am using an English translator, this time I wanted to show you the mods that I have managed to make work on xbox 360 since I do not have a good PC to play the game, in a originally i had to lower the textures but a friend of mine named jeyson figured out how to convert the textures to txb and now they can work without having to lower them

the only thing I need is to learn how to translate mode, if someone would be willing to teach me I would appreciate it

I want to thank the original creators of these mods for their work, I will put their names and download links so they know where you got them from

I also want to thank my friend Jeyson who was the one who discovered the most how to grab the mods and even made the tools to carry them easier and make my experience easier

I have not tried porting the content restorations, I have not tried the Kotor 2 version due to lack of time, and the Kotor 1 version, although I did have time, I did not try to convert it since I wanted to translate it when installing it to be able to confirm that it works, since I have Kotor 1 in Spanish and if I have a mod in English, the texts of this do not appear

kotor 1

canon revan By Darth Vhail: 

Imagen

Imagen

fen chapters by Fenharel:https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1182

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

kira By DarthParametric: 

Imagen

Imagen

revan armor by ChAiNz.2da:https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/23

Puede ser una imagen de texto que dice "1 R JACK CARVER CLASE NIVEL JEDI CONSULAR LADRÓN 2 LIGHT VITALITY 18/18 DEFENSE AUTO LEVEL TRENGTH 18 +4 UP DEXTERITY 12 +1 CONSTITUTION 13 +1 LEVEL UP NTELLIGENCE 15 +2 WISDOM 15 +2 CHARISMA 12 +1 FORTITUDE REFLEX WILL DARK EXPERIENCE NEEDED 16777215 3000 START EXIT SCRIPTS"

and ahsoka tano that I wear them today By Effix:

image.png.6d240c2dab8cea169a9065e8d1778b00.png

image.png.419586bdef9d19fc6eae2d64c3c429cd.png

image.png.07b6dce0cf3dc4913a504c3d141a5fb0.png

image.png.89c98222e3ef71970cbb34a293b9cead.png

here is the proof that everything is on xbox 360

image.png.ba25da5e2afad15c9326263f646a34a9.png

Kotor 2

revan armor and starforge armor by GreyGhost8765k,Jeyson helped me with this one, since he couldn't grab the mod due to problems with the model :https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/918

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

sith mask by TheDarthRevan: https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/999

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Revan's armor without a mask (I don't use it anymore since I was able to get the cape and mask to work) by Indiana_Revan77: https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/file/revan-s-robes-star-forge-robes-for-tsl

Imagen

Imagen

nihilus robes and fing malak armor in korriban

malak armo by MVacc224:

nihilus by Shem:

Imagen

Imagen

Visas Marr's Robe fix by todevuch:

image.png.c3a0d245cac80cd614d581b922ef7211.png

Handmaiden retextures

robe by SWCarnage:https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/957

head by corpsecotillion:https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/943

Imagen

Imagen

meetra surik, 
I don't know if the owner of the video is the creator of the mod, since I see it very similar to one that passed by here with brown hair, so I leave the link where I got it from (this is a port of an android mod, the one who passed by here with brown hair gives me restarts the game when I finish creating the character and I give him to play): 

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

kira by By DarthParametric:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

retexture malak armor by DarthParametric, Jeyson helped me with this one, since the texture gave me problems: https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/9

Imagen

Imagen

and ahsoka tano version kotor 2 that I wear them today, by Effix:

image.png.cd54725ef662296d66f129a6358b153f.png

image.png.85d19a69b0bf979b8f1107003a8b724a.png

image.png.e94fea3ce1b00eb2ba93dbda585fa2a0.png

image.png

Edited by jacd28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had no idea that custom model replacements were possible on the Xbox, very cool to see! I always thought it was texture modifications only. 

As for translation, I assume that all of these mods only have English text and descriptions, you will need to translate the mod yourself using something like Kotor Tool to change the text from English to Spanish manually. 

Then again, I am very unfamiliar with how the translations of this game works from a technical perspective. Maybe someone here more knowledgeable about that could help you out with that, but I believe that's the limitation you'll have to work around.

7 minutes ago, Mephiles550 said:

I had no idea that custom model replacements were possible on the Xbox, very cool to see! I always thought it was texture modifications only. 

As for translation, I assume that all of these mods only have English text and descriptions, you will need to translate the mod yourself using something like Kotor Tool to change the text from English to Spanish manually. 

Then again, I am very unfamiliar with how the translations of this game works from a technical perspective. Maybe someone here more knowledgeable about that could help you out with that, but I believe that's the limitation you'll have to work around.

Hello, some mods do come out with the text in English if you have the game in Spanish, but the vast majority do not show text, it is like a compatibility problem, it happens like the photo in which I show the Nihilus armor, in which it shows where I can get it but it has nothing written, we also tried this with mods in Spanish from the clan dlan page in an English game that my friend Jeyson has and it happens the same, it seems that it is a flaw about having the game in a language and a mod in another, about the replacements, cost, jeyson had to develop a tool that would allow the models to be transferred from pc to xbox quickly, although not all of them were possible, meetra surik's mods from DarthParametric restart the console when you hit start the game, from what we saw, seems to be an error of the original mod itself, since some of pc reported random failures with that mod

For mods that don't have text you will be lacking edits to the dialog.tlk file

For those that do have the text the text will be contained in the .dlg files

As for models I believe they need to be formatted slightly differently, there's some information about it around here somewhere.

From my short experience as a modder, I've found two comfortable ways of including text on a mod:

1.Using localised strings directly with the tools you are using, this way is the easier one, but the mod creators usually only put the english string, leaving the other ones blank, so that's why you see no text in some mods. You are lucky by only lacking the text, it sometimes crashes or does unexpected behaviour. This usually makes translating harder, since you have to look all the text in each file through whatever tool you are using. You can look at the official documentation for localised strings here.

2.You can append text to the tlk easily by using TSLPatcher (not sure if it works on Xbox 360), where you can reference all the names and descriptions as StrRef(x), where 'x' is the position on the append.tlk file you created with any .tlk editor. I think this way is the best for making translations, because you can have things more organised . You can download the TSLPatcher with its documentation here (sorry, it's only in English, however, I can help you if you want, as I speak Spanish too).

The porting work you have done looks great, hope you keep doing that 😀. I don't know a lot of Kotor Xbox modding, so my information may be wrong.