Arson Hole

Kotor Tool won't detect KOTOR 2?

So I downloaded Kotor Tool a while back for a personal modelling project of mine back in November 2021. It worked marvelously for KOTOR 1, but I could never get it to detect KOTOR 2 for whatever reason. Now I'm starting a new project, and I actually need to extract assets from KOTOR 2 this time.

I made sure the path was set to the proper directory, I went into RegEdit to fiddle with the string values, as suggested by High5 in this old thread:

But it still doesn't detect it.

To clarify, I own the Steam Versions of both games and I'm running on the 64 Bits version of Windows 10. If you need any other info, or if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'll gladly take any help I can get.

12 minutes ago, Arson Hole said:

But it still doesn't detect it.

Your registry key is incorrect then. KTool works fine with non-CD versions as long as it gets pointed to them. There's specific info about the keys in this post. But in any event, KTool is mostly outmoded now anyway. Try using Holocron Toolset instead.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Your registry key is incorrect then. KTool works fine with non-CD versions as long as it gets pointed to them. There's specific info about the keys in this post. But in any event, KTool is mostly outmoded now anyway. Try using Holocron Toolset instead.

Oh god, I didn't know about Holocron Toolset, it's actually way better. Thanks!