Revanbeta50

Brother hood of shadow for android

As far as I know any mod can be made to work on Android, it just requires a little work getting it all installed properly.

I don't own the game on Android so I can't really help too much, but a quick google turned up this.

Sorry man ur wrong alot of mods don't work for android most of all kotor one that's the reason i am ask so some one can help and make a official version for android 😀 

• Haha 1

Please we android users r begging u for a official version of brother hood of shadow for androids so we call play the full experience so we don't skip any side questions Please again help us hahahaha

On 4/8/2022 at 11:21 AM, Revanbeta50 said:

Please we android users r begging u for a official version of brother hood of shadow for androids so we call play the full experience so we don't skip any side questions Please again help us hahahaha

Do you have the PC version installed?? I might be able to help, but only if you have Kotor 1 installed on PC, and BOS installed properly into it...

On 4/19/2022 at 10:43 AM, ConansHair said:

Do you have the PC version installed?? I might be able to help, but only if you have Kotor 1 installed on PC, and BOS installed properly into it...

I believe what the user is asking of us is that we somehow make a Brotherhood of Shadow mod which can be installed on Android WITHOUT a PC (Which, as I'm sure you already know, isn't feasible)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Revanbeta50 said:

I know it's possible u guys did kotor 2 tslrcm for android why can't u do this 

Let me explain:

Spoiler

Kotor 2 on its own is 'broken' in a way, full of stupid bugs and too much cut content. The TSLRCM fixes many of those bugs and restores the necessary cut content back into the game, this is why 99% of all Kotor 2 players use TSLRCM. The TSLRCM devs DIDN'T have to make a Mobile port, but they did... obviously, the Mobile version has its own limitations and as such the TSLRCM devs needed to change certain parts of TSLRCM for it to work on BOTH Android and iOS (hence why Mobile TSLRCM is a separate mod from the PC TSLRCM).

Brotherhood of Shadow would have this same logic, but the problem with BOSSR is that it ISN'T TSLRCM...

TSLRCM has to be installed FIRST whenever you want to play with TSLRCM, no exceptions! (This rule also applies to the Android version). Since this mod is installed first, just about every other big mod is designed by us modders to require TSLRCM for the sake of compatibility: mods like M4-78EP, Kotor 2 Community Patch, Extended Enclave, GenoHaradan Legacy, Goto Overhaul and more are created like this... because if your mod doesn't accommodate TSLRCM then that means the 99% of players who use TSLRCM won't play your mod.

But the K1 is different, and the Android version of K1 is even more different!

You see, mods are installed with a thing called a "TSLPatcher" which is an EXE executable file which will merge a mod with the mods you've already installed. Since the Android/iOS version doesn't support EXE files then that means the TSLPatcher doesn't work for you... that is the KEY reason why mods don't work for Android. We cannot create an Android alternative to the TSLPatcher, Androids and iOS devices inherently don't support TSLPatching.

That is the reason why people keep telling you "Connect your Android device to a PC, copy the Android Kotor files to your PC, direct the TSLPatcher to install your mod into the Android Kotor files, copy the Android Kotor files back to the Android and the mod will be installed on Android" is because this is the ONLY way an Android player can actually get to experience a TSLPatcher mod.

Just about all the mods for the Kotor games are built around compatibility with one another, if they weren't then we wouldn't be able to play with more than one mod. But without a TSLPatcher, that is unfortunately your reality, you can only really play with one mod IF you are lucky. Your only real hope is to one day buy a PC to play mods on Android.

However, like you said, it is "possible" to have an Android BOSSR mod and I'll tell you below how such a mod would look like:

First off, you'd have no custom VO. The Android versions of Kotor don't support modded VO so that means all the uniquely voiced characters will be silent. There is nothing we modders can do to fix this.

Second, the Czerka HQ area crashes on Android, this might be due to the density of NPCs in that area and as such it might be possible to remove a lot of the unimportant NPCs to make it not crash on Android. But this will result in a half empty area, again, nothing we modders can do to fix that.

Third, you'd have to install the mod by copying files to your Override and Modules folder. You CANNOT, under ANY circumstances, have any other mod already installed or you WILL break them... this wouldn't be a problem with a TSLPatcher, but without one this is something you'll have to do.

Once you've installed the mod, you then CANNOT, under ANY circumstances, install any other mod afterwards or you WILL the BOSSR mod... this wouldn't be a problem with a TSLPatcher, but without one this is something you'll have to do.

Fourth, even if a modder did make an Android BOSSR you have to keep in mind that most modders don't even own Androids... so how would we even be able to test the mod? And since we don't own Androids, would we even have the motivation to do bug fixes and patches?

When people don't give you the answer you want when it comes to requesting Android version of mods, it is not because we dislike you or anything to do with you... rather, it is a fact that Android modding (without a PC) is a living hell. It is far better to just buy a PC and either install the mod for Android using said PC or playing the mod on the PC version of Kotor.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for ur time and information I might not got what I wanted but now I know more then I did before but I hope someone fixes this in the future but for now I'll accept that nothing can be done

• Like 1

I've slowly been working on porting Brotherhood of Shadow to KotOR2 along with KotOR1. https://www.moddb.com/mods/kotor-ii-tsl-expanded-galaxy ( it's a long way off being done though )

But as I mentioned previously, it works fine on Android as shown by many YouTube videos, you just have to install it on a PC first then transfer the updated files across to the phone.

Edited by Thor110
  • Light Side Points 1