Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

Fraps-like freeware

:help: Hello this is my call for help. You see, I have a very fun game (Sins of a solar empire) with a very fun mod (Sins of a galactic empire). Problem is this mod makes me get a load of minidump issues (a kind of background error that freezes the game). I would like to record the issue to show-it to the modder in charge, but the only problem I know that does that is FRAPS, which needs to be paid. So I ask you folks, is there a program with similar properties that could do the job? One that would be free, if at all possible...

Guest Plastic

:help: Hello this is my call for help. You see, I have a very fun game (Sins of a solar empire) with a very fun mod (Sins of a galactic empire). Problem is this mod makes me get a load of minidump issues (a kind of background error that freezes the game). I would like to record the issue to show-it to the modder in charge, but the only problem I know that does that is FRAPS, which needs to be paid. So I ask you folks, is there a program with similar properties that could do the job? One that would be free, if at all possible...

I've been using bandicam. It's not freeware per se, but you can record 10 minutes at a time for free, with a watermark at the top.

Hope this helps.

You can use FRAPS for free, similar restrictions (watermark on top, time limit). But the files are huge (too, not that that's just for the free version), wouldn't give/post them without using some tool to lessen their size.

Guest Plastic

The free FRAPS time limit is 30 seconds I thought. Bandicam has a whopping 10 minute limit for free. I can live with the watermark.

Bandicam it'll be then. Too bad there aint any opensource program ready and able out there, don't you think?

Bandicam it'll be then. Too bad there aint any opensource program ready and able out there, don't you think?

Um... there is. In fact there are many. Here is one but there are some better ones out there. This one you need to get the extra codex yourself. I still find fraps works better but for recording video my friends use this all the time and they love it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/taksi/