Sign in to follow this  
Effix

[WIP] K1 Twi'lek PC Pack - Looking for testers

Hey folks,

I don't usually start a WIP topic, but I could use some help with testing this one. It's a lot of chars, I'm only human and it's very possible that I overlooked something.
If you're going to help out then it's probably useful if you post here that you're testing version X, so that we're not all doing the same one. I think starting the game with one or more chars and trying all 3 classes (and their default class clothing) should be good. I don't expect you to test all the dark side transitions, that's not doable and I doubt I made a mistake there.

I can of course assist with undoing/correcting what the installers add if you run into anything.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. screenshots are included in the download
p.s.2 spotting something that's off in the installer text is also welcome

Char list:

Female

PFT01_Ramana
PFT02_Dahnis
PFT03_Lena
PFT04_Zaerdra
PFT05_Blue_W
PFT06_Blue
PFT07_Borna
PFT08_AssassinA
PFT09_AssassinB
PFT10_Red
PFT11_Yuthura
PFT12_Mission

Male

PMT01_Green
PMT02_Orange
PMT03_Blue
PMT04_Pale_Blue
PMT05_Light_Blue

PMT06_Xor
PMT07_Zhar
PMT08_Red

PMT09_Komad

overview.thumb.jpg.fd5f6250abd147787b5d2bed85060143.jpg

Feb 4th Edit: Okay, ran into an issue with those green ones myself, investigating. Feel free to join me.
Feb 4th Edit2: I think I found the issue, the green ones seem good again (download updated).
Feb 5th Edit: Fixed/improved things after TamerBill's feedback (download updated).
Feb 7th Edit: Zhar adjusted. "Komad" added. All females tested.
Feb 8th Edit: Alright, basic testing is done. Thanks again to TamerBill for helping.

Effixians_K1_Twilek_PC_Pack.zip

1 hour ago, Effix said:

I don't expect you to test all the dark side transitions, that's not doable and I doubt I made a mistake there.

It is, and you should. Open the console, 'adddarkside 10', head and portrait should darken. Repeat 3 more times to cover all the stages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

44 minutes ago, TamerBill said:

It is, and you should. Open the console, 'adddarkside 10', head and portrait should darken. Repeat 3 more times to cover all the stages.

Meh... again, I don't think I messed up with the darkside transitions and that's 80 actions. Even if something is not right with those then there's an easy fix, especially if the neutral/light side version works. I'm more interested in things crashing because I missed one letter or something like that.

Started testing the males, and they're all busted.

The 2das you have included in the male installers are the ones from TSL, not K1. The column headers are different, so they straight-up aren't installing correctly.

In subjective feedback, I'd recommend having one instance of TSLpatcher with multiple install options (setup lists) rather than 20 separate installers, to make it easier on yourself if nothing else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TamerBill said:

Started testing the males, and they're all busted.

The 2das you have included in the male installers are the ones from TSL, not K1. The column headers are different, so they straight-up aren't installing correctly.

In subjective feedback, I'd recommend having one instance of TSLpatcher with multiple install options (setup lists) rather than 20 separate installers, to make it easier on yourself if nothing else.

Many thanks for taking the time to look at it.
I guess I did it for the 2das for the females and then totally forgot to do it for the males.
Thanks for the install option suggestion, I had never really looked into that, but that's a good one. It was pretty straight forward, I added it.
(zip updated)

Tested male Red, Zhar, and Xor.

Xor has a broken ini, it tries to install PMHT06_XorD.mdl and PMHT06_XorD.mdx but the actual files are called PMHT06_Xor.mdl and PMHT06_Xor.mdx.

Red has one fewer DS transition than normal, stages 2 and 3 are identical. If that's intentional you might as well reference the same image files twice in the 2das rather than have two identical files with different names.

Probably not a bug, but Zhar sticks out as having wildly-different skintones for his face vs his limbs.

20220205144937_2.jpg.08323144395e42cedc0b79ac685f4c54.jpg

• Like 1

Again, many thanks for testing!
I'll fix Xor, perfect example of messing up one letter ;)

The rest is intentional. I cut some corners on a few chars, because I didn't feel like spending hours to add those 2 extra dark side transitions. I also felt like making those wouldn't add that much. Most chars do have the in between head textures and portraits.

I get your point about Zhar, I might improve that. I don't think it's that wildy different, though. The ends of his Lekku are also darker.

I hope I have some time tomorrow to do some more testing myself. There's no rush, but apart from work I'm working on 3 things and I have a bunch of requests. So that's why I made this post, any help is very much welcome.

Alright, tested them all just to double check, I think it's a wrap. Any other things will have to pop up on the download.
Thanks again TamerBill.