Sith'ari Lokhran

Assigning individual lightsaber sounds

I noticed in nearly all of Jedi Shem L's videos on youtube regarding kotor that he had his lightsabers have specific sounds. He had all lightsabers with their corresponding colors to have different sounds. Every lightsaber that wasn't red had Luke's saber sound and all red had vader's. For a long while I was curious as to how he did it to no avail however DX. I know he released an Ultimate Sound Mod ages ago but that in particular regarding lightsaber sounds are assigned to "lightsaber type" not sound itself. All single blade sabers have ROTJ Vader ignition sound and all short blade sabers have Luke's ROTJ saber ignition sound. I'll link in a video to further add detail for this thread.  Thank you much everyone!

The sounds are associated with the base item type, in baseitems.2da. It's easy to have different sounds for lightsabers, doublesabers, and shortsabers, because those are different base item types. Different colour lightsabers all share the same item type, though, so you can't give them separate sounds.

You could make a new base item type, but the game's hard-coded to only recognise the original three as lightsabers. A clone would look and sound like a lightsaber, but it wouldn't function for things like blaster bolt deflection and Throw Lightsaber.

Edit: I notice you asked the same question 3 years ago. I assure you the answer hasn't changed since then.

Edited by TamerBill